Default If birds have such great eyesight, why cant they see glass/windows?

Why?

Default Re: If birds have such great eyesight, why cant they see glass/windows?

They can?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Why can OP only drink 2 shots before puking all over the place and passing out?

   

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    If birds have such great eyesight, why cant they see glass/windows?
    they have great eyesight according to who exactly?

AFAIK as a group they have eyes that are good at detecting motion. that's not the same thing as being able to see sharply or get a lot of light / color detail.

unless you're an owl. their eyes and optics center of their brains are enormous.

one other thing i've read is that birds have a radioactive component in their eyes that somehow helps make them such geniuses at migration.

Banned

Funny thread considering the last 3 days I had 2 birds fly into my window. One yesterday and one dead 2 days ago that I had to scoop up.

   

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Funny thread considering the last 3 days I had 2 birds fly into my window. One yesterday and one dead 2 days ago that I had to scoop up.
    think about it... they spent millions of years evolving without anything around them resembling sheet glass other than maybe the occasional spider web.

then in middle roman times at the very earliest... in a few select regions of the world... there begun to appear "windows." actually sheet glass probably didn't really take off until somewhere between the renaissance and the middle-industrial age.

so you're looking in real terms at the bulk of birds having around 150yrs or so to evolve towards avoiding windows.

how much sense does that make to you...?

Decent playground baller Coach Eddie's Avatar

Are they great at seeing movement?

Banned

Don't they have great long vision but shit short vision?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Don't they have great long vision but shit short vision?
    Don't be silly.