Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The US Air campaign against ISIS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    good point .. the 'enemy' is always being changed around .. either way, these people were fighting with a group that is now known to have been kidnapping families, enslaving the women, raping them and even beheading children .. there's no going back for them(I would think)
    The enemy is the one that eats human hearts and films it AKA ISIS.

Gordon Brown is a piece of shit, as is David Cameron. There was a 2 week long campaign a few months ago, where the front cover of every Metro was a crying Syrian kid holding a doll and propaganda articles about evil Assad and the noble rebels

Glad that that shit was voted DOWN by a huge percentage.

Assad is the lesser of the two evils here. Also I'm pretty sure ISIS were the gas attackers. If Assad did use chemical weapons against ISIS, he was justified because ISIS are a fungus.

Banned

wtf is this shit lol .. those are all traitors .. they want to come back home ???? my head's gonna fkn explode .. this isn't a game you @#%#s .. if these people 'come back home' it better be to face treason charges .. I don't wanna imagine the uk allowing these people back to live as normal citizens .. that's not possible right ?
    I think there's a high percent chance they are all lying, and just want to go back to Britain so they can recruit more dumbasses/commit more acts of terrorism.

Also, why do you think all these british girls are flying to Syria and marrying terrorists? To get the terrorists EU passports

Hope that liberal PC Britain doesn't let any of these shits back in, but it probably will welcome them with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Tell me how this ends
    In a religous war that will go along WW3. Hi NWO.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    All I can think of is the black Bush speech of the coalition of the willing from the Chappelle show.
    This.

wtf is this shit lol .. those are all traitors .. they want to come back home ???? my head's gonna fkn explode .. this isn't a game you @#%#s .. if these people 'come back home' it better be to face treason charges .. I don't wanna imagine the uk allowing these people back to live as normal citizens .. that's not possible right ?
    The only way I can see this possibly working is if they agree to speak out against jihadists and tell their communities how it's really like. If they can turn the tide against the extremist recruiters then it might be worth it. Otherwise, let them rot in jail or get bombed in the dessert like the rest of the scum

rank sentamentalist

you're missing some rather key questions from your op, kevin. you want to talk about predictable outcomes, which is all well and good since our policies should be predicated on the extent to which we can figure out "what will happen if we do x". but that extent only extends to our understanding of recent history in the region which you (conveniently? absent-mindedly? naively?) left out.

a few quick responses

Any type of campaign that doesn't involve massively arming Assad, the Kurds and Iraq is going to be very ineffective.
    the iraqi military was massively armed. it has since fallen apart. a very important question to ask, given what you say which i believe is largely accurate, is why the iraqi army fell apart. you need to go back at least 10 years to understand it imo.

[QUOTE]Also ISIS is Al Qaeda.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/wo...sary.html?_r=0

The Obama administration said Wednesday that it needed no new approval from Congress to launch an open-ended air war in both Syria and Iraq against the group known as ISIS because the campaign is covered by the existing authorization to use military force against the perpetrators of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Tell me how this ends
    It wont be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    We should just do up Kurdistan like we do up Israel. The kurds seem alright and have been shit on by everyone around them for too long. Let's just hook the Kurds up, and peace out.

ISIS ain't no thing, Obama must be ruthless though.

Also, I hope all of these British assholes who 'want to come home' because it 'wasn't like we thought it would be' die in firebomb attacks
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-conflict.html

Let's do this! Good shit Obama, finally a US war I am hyped about.
    These people are not British.

We should just do up Kurdistan like we do up Israel. The kurds seem alright and have been shit on by everyone around them for too long. Let's just hook the Kurds up, and peace out.

ISIS ain't no thing, Obama must be ruthless though.

Also, I hope all of these British assholes who 'want to come home' because it 'wasn't like we thought it would be' die in firebomb attacks
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-conflict.html

Let's do this! Good shit Obama, finally a US war I am hyped about.
    fck them. they made their bed, now they can sleep in it. Those assholes probably thought they'd live the life killing all infidels but once the US started shooting em out of the sky with drones, it's "not what I thought it was gonna be". Fcking f*ggots. Let em in, line em up, and shoot em in the head

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    These people are not British.
    The ones born in Britain with UK passports are british.

Banned

I am probably evil but I have zero sympathy for anyone in ISIS and anyone who jointed ISIS willingly, especially these young British psychos who left their cushy lifestyles and welfare state to go commit acts of terrorism and spread hatred in the middle east, and now want back in to their cushy lifestyles. Zero sympathy for whatever happens to them.

The ones born in Britain with UK passports are british.
    They have British citizenship, but they are not British. I could move to Japan and get citizenship, but I'll never be Japanese.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    They have British citizenship, but they are not British. I could move to Japan and get citizenship, but I'll never be Japanese.
    The ones born and raised their whole lives in the UK and have UK passports are British, regardless of their ethnicity or where their parents are from.

The ones born and raised their whole lives in the UK and have UK passports are British, regardless of their ethnicity or where their parents are from.
    They still dont belong to the british nations.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    you're missing some rather key questions from your op, kevin. you want to talk about predictable outcomes, which is all well and good since our policies should be predicated on the extent to which we can figure out "what will happen if we do x". but that extent only extends to our understanding of recent history in the region which you (conveniently? absent-mindedly? naively?) left out.
    Never intended the post to be inclusive. Want a thread where the new developments and questions can be asked in one place. Like your questions. It was never intended as some grand statement.

a few quick responses

the iraqi military was massively armed. it has since fallen apart. a very important question to ask, given what you say which i believe is largely accurate, is why the iraqi army fell apart.
    I don't think you need to back to far to answer the question. Maliki didn't set up a professional army. The officer core seemed quite thorougly corrupt. When recruits were asked why they fled the posts in the face of ISIS, they said our officers stole the supply money. They had no water. Rationally, they thought better of fighting an advancing for in the desert without water and they fled.

My guess is the army that protects the Shiite areas is much better supplied, trained and disciplined. That is Maliki set up a Praetorian guard to protect himself from coups, but did not set up a national army to protect the country. Just a guess here.

Don't know if that is directed at me or Obama, but I assumed folks would see I used it ironically.