Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

Here is the MGS5 30 min demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGRXPXaouDg

My very short impressions of it is that it looks great. It looks in-depth. And other than fultons and enemy AI not noticing it them, enemies not really talking when being interrogated, and cardboard box being OP (but it'll be fun as hell), the game is looking like the best MGS gameplay of the series.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Here is the MGS5 30 min demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGRXPXaouDg

My very short impressions of it is that it looks great. It looks in-depth. And other than fultons and enemy AI not noticing it them, enemies not really talking when being interrogated, and cardboard box being OP (but it'll be fun as hell), the game is looking like the best MGS gameplay of the series.
    Haha the part with the sheep! http://youtu.be/hGRXPXaouDg?t=5m29s

If the climax of the game is leading an army into enemy territory then

I haven't played Peace Walker so I don't know how mother base and the recruting worked then.

Troy Baker as Ocelot

Hmm...the only thing I dislike is the fulton feature. I dislike how this feature appears to work. I know it was in Peace Walker, and I don't know how the system of fulton worked in that game. I read somewhere in PW you were supposed to equip it and then use it. I don't know if its limited or unlimited.

Regardless of how it worked in PW, in the demo it just seems too overpowered. You just hold up guards or knock them and send them up with your fultons. And the fultons doesn't appear to give away your position either and the enemy AI don't seem to hear their comrades screaming in as they go straight up in the air. This allows you to clean up whatever area you're in, assuming if you are outside. This will remove the tension of hiding the bodies and it'll probably make the game a bit broken unless there is a limit.

From what I understand, the limit of your fultons is your money (GMP). Judging from the demo, the average cost to send ppl to with your fultons is 300. This will increase if you send a vehicle or object that is bigger or more value. Like it'll cost more to fulton a tank than it does a person. Also, the weather will affect the success rate of the fultons.

So, depends on how much money you have, you could abuse this feature.

Other than that, this game looks amazing. Probably going to revolutionize. I think the Outer Heaven/Mother Base is the highlight of the demo. The fact that you can customize it, the base looks active, you can improve it and train with your soldiers is a amazing aspect. The box tricks are awesome too. And I love the weather system. Troy Baker as Ocelot is close to perfect. The music in the beginning is great too.

And I love how the game could just go from cutscene to gameplay without an obvious loading time. That's was one of the things I love about GZ too. But one thing is weird about the beginning scene is that Big Boss don't have any lines. Nothing to say in the beginning. That's weird.
    Last edited by Micku; 06-20-2014 at 03:35 AM.

^I personally love it. I like the streamlined approach to the gameplay and things like that. A lot of people aren't a fan of the reflex thing when sighted but I love it. Also, I really like how you can set check markers for yourself. You create your own path and approach to everything. Lots of replay value in that.

I just played through Ground Zeroes at a buddys house. I loved it. He has has a massive TV planted on the wall and the graphics just blew me away. The tone of the game is amazing. I personally am a huge fan of the shock value. Who else has played it? What do you guys think of the ending and Chico's tapes? Big Boss's story is way more interesting then Solid Snake's. Metal Gear 5 will be a war between Big Boss and Xero.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-20-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    I just played through Ground Zeroes at a buddys house. I loved it. He has has a massive TV planted on the wall and the graphics just blew me away. The tone of the game is amazing. I personally am a huge fan of the shock value. Who else has played it? What do you guys think of the ending and Chico's tapes? Big Boss's story is way more interesting then Solid Snake's. Metal Gear 5 will be a war between Big Boss and Xero.
    I only played it today, solid game, kind of disappointed it was as short as it was. One more act would have been nice. Also got that song stuck in my head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM

sorry to sound dumb but what is the fulton feature.

I loved the very first MGS game on the PS1, never enjoyed or got to play the sequels. I might get this new one depending on how the game turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    sorry to sound dumb but what is the fulton feature.

I loved the very first MGS game on the PS1, never enjoyed or got to play the sequels. I might get this new one depending on how the game turns out.

It was first in Peace Walker. Now it's in MGS5, which is Peace Walker's sequel. It's a bit of an RPG element. Big Boss is building an army without any allegiance to any nation that's called Mother Base ( outer heaven basically). So basically in the course of the game you can recruit soldiers and send back anything you want to customize and create your own mother base ( outer heaven).

I recommend you play MGS3 at least then MGS5.

2 was a piece of shit.
    4 was good. The de--briefing scene is one of the most epic moments in gaming history for me.
    5 looks EPIC.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-20-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I only played it today, solid game, kind of disappointed it was as short as it was. One more act would have been nice. Also got that song stuck in my head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM
    I don't know why people keep saying that. I knew when they announced it, it was going to be like the "Tanker" mission and the prologue of MGS3. Pure money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    It was first in Peace Walker. Now it's in MGS5, which is Peace Walker's sequel. It's a bit of an RPG element. Big Boss is building an army without any allegiance to any nation that's called Mother Base ( outer heaven basically). So basically in the course of the game you can recruit soldiers and send back anything you want to customize and create your own mother base ( outer heaven).

I recommend you play MGS3 at least then MGS5.

2 was a piece of shit.
    4 was good. The de--briefing scene is one of the most epic moments in gaming history for me.
    5 looks EPIC.
    It was 2 that actually stopped me from playing all the other sequels, thing was like a cutscene movie with splashes of game in it. I moved over to Splinter Cell at the time which is a game I enjoyed.

I guess ill have to try the HD collection someday. By the way how are the other MG games the one with Raiden?

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    It was 2 that actually stopped me from playing all the other sequels, thing was like a cutscene movie with splashes of game in it. I moved over to Splinter Cell at the time which is a game I enjoyed.

I guess ill have to try the HD collection someday. By the way how are the other MG games the one with Raiden?
    I hated MGS2 too so i dont blame you, the plot was so convulated, and Raiden was a bitch. Weakest entry by far. All that game did was introduce the Patriots and that there was a 3rd clone, if you know that information you can skip this game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Kojima totally redeemed himself. It has the best story and you realize how bad ass Big Boss was. The story arc of Big Boss' mentor is a gem and so huge in MGS cannon. This is basically Snake's dad acending to Super Sayin at game's end and put through hell in the process.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was great, but too many cut scenes. Once again Kojima on damage control with MGS2 and reinvents Raiden. The last scene is one of the most epic mind blowing things ever. But you need to play MGS3 to appreciate it.

Metal Gear 5 is cutting back on cutscenes and focusing on gameplay with an entirely new approach with stealth taking away the linear approach of the game and replacing it with an open world. Think red dead redemption, arkham city fused with Metal Gear Solid 3/4 with a bunch of new tricks

You got about a year until MGS5 comes out. Try to play part 3 at the least. 4 isnt necessary but it closes the arc of the story. Think Return of the Jedi with Metal Gear Solid 5 being Revenge of the Sith.

I highly suggest you play Metal Gear Solid 3. MGS3 is for Big Boss what MGS1 was to introducing us to Solid Snake. You can play MGS4 after 5.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-20-2014 at 04:29 PM.

MGS2 isn't getting enough love here.

MGS2 plot was amazing to me. While it does have pacing issues, it was one of those plots that made me want to go back to figure out WTF I just witness. The ending conversation of the game to the Patriots was creepy and amazing. You can go back and compare some of the stuff that they said to what is happening right now in current events.

The game's plot was ahead of its time imo. It just needed a bit more editing and smoothing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    MGS2 isn't getting enough love here.

MGS2 plot was amazing to me. While it does have pacing issues, it was one of those plots that made me want to go back to figure out WTF I just witness. The ending conversation of the game to the Patriots was creepy and amazing. You can go back and compare some of the stuff that they said to what is happening right now in current events.

The game's plot was ahead of its time imo. It just needed a bit more editing and smoothing out.
    I'd love them to remake the entire series. I really enjoyed the game play back then but I wasn't too interested in the story so I've missed a lot of it. I kind of have it down now, but I'd love to go back and play everything through again.

Kojima has great ideas, but his story telling is overrated. Yeah I said it. He just doest piece it all together that well.
    Last edited by navy; 06-23-2014 at 01:44 AM.