Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Real life Ocean's 11 - thieves steal $300M in diamonds/jewels in London

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/europe...ist/index.html

$300M in diamonds/jewels taken...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Real life Ocean's 11 - thieves steal $300M in diamonds/jewels in London

genius

Default Re: Real life Ocean's 11 - thieves steal $300M in diamonds/jewels in London

kind of cool that stuff like this actually happens in real life

The alarm went off... at a safety deposit bank that holds millions of dollars... and they didn't check it out because the "doors appeared closed"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The alarm went off... at a safety deposit bank that holds millions of dollars... and they didn't check it out because the "doors appeared closed"?
    Clearly an inside job. Either these guys knew the security or had them in their pockets. They wouldn't just hang around robbing the place with the alarm going off unless they knew noone was going to do anything about it.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Isn't it weird how thieves are by far the least reviled criminals? I mean, I think this is cool as shit too, but theft is celebrated pretty widely. Just seems odd to me.

Very good NBA starter

no black guy got killed. it's all good.

You can't possibly get away with this shit being an inside job. Considering everyone who's even hinted at being involved would have their shit spied on forever. You just can't get away with it on the inside. What in a few years up comes money? Doesn't work like that.

Their just idiots.

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

Awesome. Strange that we root for criminals if they are good at it.

Decent playground baller

I can't wait for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    You can't possibly get away with this shit being an inside job. Considering everyone who's even hinted at being involved would have their shit spied on forever. You just can't get away with it on the inside. What in a few years up comes money? Doesn't work like that.

Their just idiots.
    Give me a couple millions and I'll move to a country where they can't touch me or find me.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Isn't it weird how thieves are by far the least reviled criminals? I mean, I think this is cool as shit too, but theft is celebrated pretty widely. Just seems odd to me.
    They're not bulldozing the country for it. They actually sticking it up the riches ass

Not all theft. It's mostly just the high stakes stuff that gets glamorized because of the difficulty and craft it would take to pull off (and the Robin Hood angle). Nobody is celebrating a B&E or some hacker draining your bank account.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

The masses have always enjoyed seeing the rich get robbed. But if you're a thief stealing a $50 TV from suburbia or the ghetto, they will dance on your grave if you get shot in the process. That's why DAs rarely prosecute the homicide of thieves, it's a total loser with juries.