Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Larry Bird, 30 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 assists, 9 steals, 0 minutes in 4th quarter

Best SF of all-time... At the very least 1A/B with LeBron

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Larry Bird, 30 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 assists, 9 steals, 0 minutes in 4th quarter

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    http://articles.latimes.com/1985-02-...6_1_larry-bird
    I just barely read this and was absolutely stunned, he did all this work in just 33 minutes! Apparently Larry knew he was just one steal away, but he chose not to play in the 4th quarter anyway. The dude was so good, it's a shame that I never go to see him play live. Easily the most impressive game I've never heard of. Maybe it's been mentioned here before, but I had never seen it. Top 5 (player) all-time
    I never saw this game but read about it in the paper, it is a true hidden diamond among greatest games. My personal favorite Bird game was on Feb 14th vs Portland where he scored 47 points (20 points were left handed) and he tied the game with a jumper at 6 seconds to force the OT and then won the game with a jumper with 3 seconds to go. He shot 62% and had 11 assists and 14 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block. Total domination.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mr4speed
    I never saw this game but read about it in the paper, it is a true hidden diamond among greatest games. My personal favorite Bird game was on Feb 14th vs Portland where he scored 47 points (20 points were left handed) and he tied the game with a jumper at 6 seconds to force the OT and then won the game with a jumper with 3 seconds to go. He shot 62% and had 11 assists and 14 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block. Total domination.
    Is that the game where Clyde also had a 40 point triple double, or something very near it?

If so that's one of the best duels of all time.

Local High School Star

lmfao, Kobe wishes he was like Bird,

Never will be

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Is that the game where Clyde also had a 40 point triple double, or something very near it?

If so that's one of the best duels of all time.
    Nah... That one was in 1992, one of Bird's last tremendous games... He had 49/12/12/4/1 on .622 TS%, while Clyde put up 41/8/11/2/1 on .595 TS%... Indeed one of the best "duels" ever, Celtics won by 4 in double OT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woAK1i-o2wI

The 'left-handed game' mr4speed was talking about was in 1986... Bird was at his peak then, they said he just got "bored" and started to try lots of FGA's with his left hand... Ended up with 47/14/11/1/2 on .665 TS%, while scoring 20 points with the left hand, making the shot that sent the game to overtime, then hitting the game-winner in that OT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76nMD8buR8

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Best SF of all-time... At the very least 1A/B with LeBron

I have a hard time putting lebron on Bird's level. Bird played off the ball and in the flow of the game. Lebron can't do that.