Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: After Love trade, Vegas has Cavs as favorite to win it all

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    So you really think a team that's never played together before is a lock to beat the Spurs or the Thunder?

Put your money where your mouth is. Let's see you put a big bet on the Cavs
    The point is, they should be a lock. They are stacked and everyone acknowledges it, excluding Bron and his stans.

They will not win the title because Lebron is a choker, but they should.

Banned

Cavs shouldn't be the favourites

Heck on paper thunder, spurs, clippers, and maybe the bulls are all better, especially when you factor in defense

I'd bet against the Cavs in a heartbeat and make a few bucks

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Bron himself - "No way we win the title this year."

By lowering expectations, Bron and his stans have the pressure removed from the situation. As we all know, handling pressure is not their strong point.

You can't fool basketball enthusiasts with this BS.
    So you crucify him for saying "not 5, not 6, not 7", yet bash him for also saying they probably won't win the title this year?

We still haven't had much playing time together plus our bench is very thin. I think the Spurs, thunder, clippers, bulls have an edge over us because of this. Kyrie and Love both also haven't proven their post season skills.

I know you're a known troll (and a bad one at that), but you do know that he said that before the Cavs picked up Love, Miller, Marion, etc?

And if he had said "We're going to win it all this year", you would be saying "He's a cocky arrogant bastard"?

Lebron stans think we believe their BS. Lebron and the entire world knew Love was going to Cleveland before Lebron even made it official he was leaving Miami. He knew Miller would follow him anywhere. The "coming home" sentiment doesn't fly with basketball enthusiasts. He went back to Cleveland to make sure his superstar support had fresh legs.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

The point is, they should be a lock. They are stacked and everyone acknowledges it, excluding Bron and his stans.

They will not win the title because Lebron is a choker, but they should.
    If LeBron is a choker, then why should they be favorites to win it all? If he is a choker, that means that his teams have been underdogs every year due to his choking, and he has 2 rings as an underdog Impressive stuff. Thanks for this insight.

Lebron stans think we believe their BS. Lebron and the entire world knew Love was going to Cleveland before Lebron even made it official he was leaving Miami. He knew Miller would follow him anywhere. The "coming home" sentiment doesn't fly with basketball enthusiasts. He went back to Cleveland to make sure his superstar support had fresh legs.
    Can you provide proof of this?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    So you crucify him for saying "not 5, not 6, not 7", yet bash him for also saying they probably won't win the title this year?
    Where did you get this lie, your ass? Stinky lies, bub.

The fact that he quit before trying to get 5, 6, and 7 is the issue.

Can you provide proof of this?
    No proof for common sense.

I can understand the Cavs being the favorites in the East, but they certainly would not be the favorites against the Spurs in a potential finals matchup.

I guess Vegas bookmakers feel like the Cavs have an easier path to the finals than anyone in the West, and that the Spurs and Bulls are likely to have injury issues. That's the only possible argument I can see.

No proof for common sense.
    So you're saying your whole argument is based on conjecture? Why am I not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I can understand the Cavs being the favorites in the East, but they certainly would not be the favorites against the Spurs in a potential finals matchup.

I guess Vegas bookmakers feel like the Cavs have an easier path to the finals than anyone in the West, and that the Spurs and Bulls are likely to have injury issues. That's the only possible argument I can see.
    Pretty much this. I'd have the Cavs over OKC, but not the Spurs, unless the Spurs are having injury issues.

Spurs should still be the favorites, but I think Cleveland is better than any other team at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Spurs should still be the favorites, but I think Cleveland is better than any other team at the moment.
    Agreed. Would be interested to see how Cavs/OKC would play out, but I'd take Cavs.

Spurs, when healthy, are pretty damn unbeatable.

I thought we were winning no question in 09 and 10 so I'm not even going to comment about we are winning it all. I do think the odds of us winning at least the east, is pretty good. On paper, really nobody should touch us other than Chicago. That is a big IF though. It depends on what kind of player Derrick Rose is now and if he can even stay healthy. The big problem (no pun intended) is Pau and Noah. We have Andy and Haywood. Andy can battle with one of them but he can't take both of them on. Love is not known for his defense. We need another big body to battle those two. With Indiana literally deflated in one off season, nobody else in the east is really a threat. Washington is probably the closest thing.

In the west. The Spurs will be tough again. Its like, it don't matter how much older they are. Those guys have played side by side for so many years, they know what to do in about any situation. The Spurs with Pops and Tim Duncan have never missed the playoffs since they came to the team..... and that was 18 seasons ago!

Other than the Spurs, I like OKC and the Clips. Golden State too. Its a shame Mark Jackson was never given the chance to coach them while 100% healthy. Houston ain't winning anything. They have no bench at all. They're 7th, 8th, 9th men off the bench would be sitting for most contending teams in the playoffs.