Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: UFC 168: Weidman Vs. Silva 2 | Rousey Vs. Tate 2

Some people will puff themselves up and say you should root for the American. Do you know who really is American?

Silva is just as American as is Weidman. I know that you intend to mean when you say American as it being equal to US citizen, but if you are from Latin American and come from the continent of South America, you can say you are American. Beyond that are other terms people are unaware of: Like true/pure Americans.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Silva Buttkisser
    UFC 168: Weidman Vs.... 12-29-2013 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]07:13 PM[/color] Awful poster. You're clueless about the sport as well.
    thank you! and here is part two of your education, should you choose to grow up one day. read this thread and look at the GIFs:
    http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...ights-2640511/

and this time try to pay attention, my boy.

Banned

Videos of Silva screaming.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBcu07dPScA

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    not at all, but I'm not dumb as shit like she is.
    & you're a fat f*ck talking shit behind a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    thank you! and here is part two of your education, should you choose to grow up one day. read this thread and look at the GIFs:
    http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...ights-2640511/

and this time try to pay attention, my boy.
    Great post, thanks for that link. I watched both times in a loud, bar environment. I did see Weidman dominating most aspects of the fight, but this is just a great rundown.
    I respected him enough already, considering he was doing his job, and winning the fight regardless of what Anderson was doing in there, acting like an idiot, etc. But that really showed he knows what hes doing when it comes to nearly every aspect in the octagon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

damn that sh*t just breaks my heart

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15
    Two beautiful checked kicks by weidman in that 2nd round..... sad it ending the way it did i wanted to see more...

anyways weidman was very impressive in that fight and he's a terrific star, if only he could be a little more humble after the fight

Even after beating Silva I doubt many people even know who he is....

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Those guys are douche bags.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    The fact of the matter is that Silva was not being dominated, and the fight could still had gone either way. And I think that the people arguing that Silva would have lost anyway and so people should look at the two wins as if he legitimately knocked out Silva in a convincing way just wanted Weidman to win in the first place, so will refuse to look at the reality objectively. Just so that the person they were routing for would look better. Very human thing to do, and everyone does it. But the reality is that unfortunate for Weidman, a lot of people are rightly going to wonder what would have happened if he didn't get that hit because of Silva playing around, or what if Silva wouldn't have had a freak breakage of the leg. We've seen Silva many times getting his ass kicked, taking hits, only to win the fight. The same for other fighters. And it's just low character, which everybody has, not to look at things objectively in order for you to be right.
    To me, this is Silva's bad judgement two fights in a row.

If these for some reason are astericks wins for Weidman, the same astericks should apply to Silva's wins in Sonnen fights.

Two times in a row, that is decisive to me.

   

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I'm sexy as fvk dummy
    i'm lucky enough to be dating a goddess right now... i've never done it with a man... but if macho were to call...

do you see? do you see? do you see what happens when you smokey another man up the bowling alley?

well, been wanting rousey vs. mcmann for a while now. i guess they're kinda friends?

rousey may still be stronger in that bout but it won't be my much. mcmann obv has an olympic background in wrestling and she has broad shoulders, strong hips and good balance. rousey will surely get some judo throws in there but it won't be as easy and mcmann has more of a chance of reversing position.

still would likely have to favor rousey but i'm going for sara all the way. if ronda bulldozes through her, i really don't see any threat to her for a while. any future fighter would be a major underdog. sara's the only fighter so far that can seriously negate her strengths.

   

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    well, been wanting rousey vs. mcmann for a while now. i guess they're kinda friends?

rousey may still be stronger in that bout but it won't be my much. mcmann obv has an olympic background in wrestling and she has broad shoulders, strong hips and good balance. rousey will surely get some judo throws in there but it won't be as easy and mcmann has more of a chance of reversing position.

still would likely have to favor rousey but i'm going for sara all the way. if ronda bulldozes through her, i really don't see any threat to her for a while. any future fighter would be a major underdog. sara's the only fighter so far that can seriously negate her strengths.
    i think holly holm, properly prepared, could give rousey a tremendous test. could give her the beating of her life, even.

same with cyborg. she is so beastly strong and explosive that i'm not sure ronda's chain-judo technique would work very well against her.

of course, there's the matter of the ten pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i think holly holm, properly prepared, could give rousey a tremendous test. could give her the beating of her life, even.

same with cyborg. she is so beastly strong and explosive that i'm not sure ronda's chain-judo technique would work very well against her.

of course, there's the matter of the ten pounds...
    damn son, almost forgot about holm. she's improved but idk if she's ready for rousey yet. she has KO power but can she prevent rousey from closing in and getting the clinch? if that fight goes to the ground, it's rousey all the way.

holm will have to lower her strike level and not lead so much with her legs. definitely an interesting fight though as she can vary up her strikes.

shit, at this point, let's not count out zingano though i can't see her working the same kind of clinch to get her knees going. that's the main reason i see rousey just going through her.

   

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    damn son, almost forgot about holm. she's improved but idk if she's ready for rousey yet. she has KO power but can she prevent rousey from closing in and getting the clinch? if that fight goes to the ground, it's rousey all the way.

holm will have to lower her strike level and not lead so much with her legs. definitely an interesting fight though as she can vary up her strikes.
    if she can stay on the outside she can certainly pick rousey to shreds. main points i see her needing to train would be lyoto machida-style movement, jon jones-style front kicks to the knee, and what to do when she gets grabbed.

i mean, tate showed that with proper drilling, it's possible to escape a high percentage of rousey's armbar attempts. that gives me some hope for the other women.

it's going to take a physical specimen, in any case. and i've read an article or two about how judoka tend to be stronger and more athletically gifted than BJJ folks.

if dana wasn't such a pinhead, he'd start a 145 division, get cyborg and some of the invicta women in, and let an in-house rivalry develop between ronda and cris. this tying it all to just one person seems very short-sighted, especially since rousey has talked about retiring in a couple years.