Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Cavs pursuing centre with their picks

I hope Hibbert somehow goes to Cleveland and then plays like complete ass like he did last year

Varejao is a fine defensive center

NBA Superstar

Too bad they couldn't get a young guy like Tyler Zeller...

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    as if they aren't stacked enough

damn
    I don't understand this. Even with lebron, who is petty clearly the best player in the league, the cavs do not have even close to the best team in the league.

Very good NBA starter

delladova, jones, + 1st rounder for Deandre Jordan

3 peat easily

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    delladova, jones, + 1st rounder for Deandre Jordan

3 peat easily

Not this again

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
    I don't understand this. Even with lebron, who is petty clearly the best player in the league, the cavs do not have even close to the best team in the league.
    A quality big is huge benefit for any team, he knows this. The Cavs are in the same situation that the Heat were the last 4 years, no quality big. The difference is that the Cavs have zero playoff experience, including Love and Kyrie. The second and third best players on the team have zero playoff experience. Yeah, the Cavs won't win shit this year.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Those stretch bigs really do often need a rim protector to play behind them to change perspective, and sometimes next to them. I still envision this team in crunch time to be going Lebron 4 Love 5. But we saw the value Birdman had behind and next to Bosh.

Not doing full research on this, but would The Bucks be willing to part with Larry Sanders yet. Last year was a nightmare. Just starting a new long and lucrativ deal, he missed the whole year with a broken hand from a bar fight. They're new owners and management with no real connection to the guy. They're trying to start a fresh rebuild. The contract I believe was signed under the old CBA, and may be longer than even a new contract can be now. Would expiring like Haywood and a first, albeit a late one, be enough to sway Milwaukee to move a guy they may not be interested in having at this point? (And again I haven't looked at any of the numbers on this).

Question: why is the OP suddenly so concern about what the Cavs are doing? I have been waiting weeks for the OP to update us on the happenings of the Maimi Heat-like he has been doing for the last few years.

Look forward to seeing your Heat-related thread OP

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Question: why is the OP suddenly so concern about what the Cavs are doing? I have been waiting weeks for the OP to update us on the happenings of the Maimi Heat-like he has been doing for the last few years.

Yea he's talking more about the Cavs than Pauk or Lebron23 yet he will be the first one to call them out for being a bandwagooner or Lebron fan only. He's a bandwagoon hater which is the lowest you can get. Following a player around and hating on him 24/7, guy must have really miserable real life to have energy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Yea he's talking more about the Cavs than Pauk or Lebron23 yet he will be the first one to call them out for being a bandwagooner or Lebron fan only. He's a bandwagoon hater which is the lowest you can get. Following a player around and hating on him 24/7, guy must have really miserable real life to have energy for that.
    Careful, the OP will accuse you of being my alt...

But agree 100%.

ISH loves to talk about bandwagon fans or player only fans-and I can see how folks dislike those type of fans (I personally don't) but bandwagon haters: scum of the Earth and the most pathetic an individual can be.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Those stretch bigs really do often need a rim protector to play behind them to change perspective, and sometimes next to them. I still envision this team in crunch time to be going Lebron 4 Love 5. But we saw the value Birdman had behind and next to Bosh.

Not doing full research on this, but would The Bucks be willing to part with Larry Sanders yet. Last year was a nightmare. Just starting a new long and lucrativ deal, he missed the whole year with a broken hand from a bar fight. They're new owners and management with no real connection to the guy. They're trying to start a fresh rebuild. The contract I believe was signed under the old CBA, and may be longer than even a new contract can be now. Would expiring like Haywood and a first, albeit a late one, be enough to sway Milwaukee to move a guy they may not be interested in having at this point? (And again I haven't looked at any of the numbers on this).
    Its a good question and a perfect fit. It was evident that Kohl would have gladly traded him for a package like this but the new guys almost certainly won't. Haywood is a great acquisition for a team that could use some salary flexibility but the Bucks are finally doing things right and building through youth; if you take a look at their FA signings (OJ Mayo - 24M, Zaza - 5M/, Delfino - 3M/ - injured the entire first year, etc) you can tell the Haywood deal simply doesn't do anything for Milw.

Sanders signed his extension before last year. It is 4/44 and is under the new CBA. He is an elite rim protector and defensive stalwart. AND he is only 25. And unless he has continued off court issues he will be a cornerstone of the Bucks moving forward.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU

lebron is living rent free with him

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Should've had Dieng thrown in the Love deal. Not having good draft picks is part of the reason Lebron left the first time. You can find good shooters in the 20's in most drafts.

Better of Miami pick and their own pick + 2016 Memphis pick to the Lakers for Jordan Hill.

Lakers get two firsts, one of them potentially lotto in exchange for Hill, while the Cavs get an athletic, high energy big.