Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Big East Fan Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Big East underdog=Providence

3 seniors and 2 juniors will be on the team who all averaged double figures last year. Plus the coach of the year is now running the show (Keno Davis). Could pull some upsets. Swept UConn last year with a 12 pt win on the road and 11 pt win at home. Also a 2 point win over ncaa team Temple and 16 pt win over ncaa team Arkansas. Keep on the lookout.
    Eh maybe true, they showed some signs this year. Could be some bumps in year one though with a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by d_white089
    Eh maybe true, they showed some signs this year. Could be some bumps in year one though with a new coach.
    Bumps in the road are a big improvement over last year.

Bumps in the road are a big improvement over last year.
    yeah..15-16 last year i think

even teams like depaul and seton hall won't be pushovers this year.i really want to see the corey chandler/mike rosario backcourt at rutgers.

mike rosario-- #55 player on rivals.com,mcdonalds all american

corey chandler-- #65 player on rivals.com class of 2007, 11.5ppg as a freshman last year

even teams like depaul and seton hall won't be pushovers this year.i really want to see the corey chandler/mike rosario backcourt at rutgers.

mike rosario-- #55 player on rivals.com,mcdonalds all american

corey chandler-- #65 player on rivals.com class of 2007, 11.5ppg as a freshman last year

Rosario can definitely score. Who's gonna be the biggest impact freshman in the Big East?

I got Devin Ebanks, obviously. But the kid can PLAY. Should replace Joe nicely.

And personally I like scout.com a lot better than rivals. They have him at #9 in SG's, not sure about overall.

Rosario can definitely score. Who's gonna be the biggest impact freshman in the Big East?

I got Devin Ebanks, obviously. But the kid can PLAY. Should replace Joe nicely.

And personally I like scout.com a lot better than rivals. They have him at #9 in SG's, not sure about overall.
    I'm not much on scout.com because sometimes i see stuff like under strengths-great shooting form and distance on shot and under weaknesses- needs to improve long range shooting for the same person.

But some big impact freshman in the east could be...
    Ebanks
    Kemba Walker
    Greg Monroe
    Samardo Samuels
    Ater Majok
    Mookie Jones
    Mike Rosario
    Yancy Gates

I think I'm going Yancy Gates as far as putting up big numbers, but Samardo Samuels as far as the biggest impact to his team. (like picking kevin durant for ROY, but al horford if you believe in "making the team better")

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Walker will have a huge impact if Price can't go to start the season.

Yeah I've saw that a couple times. But I think scout has more underhyped player profiles. Atleast for guys around here. And their rankings are more accurate IMO.

Yeah I've saw that a couple times. But I think scout has more underhyped player profiles. Atleast for guys around here. And their rankings are more accurate IMO.
    Yeah i was following a player named Justin Watts on scout.com because rivals didn't have much on him. He was being recruited by temple and had been offered a scholarship but he accepted one from UNC. Funny thing is he's from durham,nc.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...=68229&sport=2

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=2829188

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PK_bVKN3XA4 looks pretty good

Yeah i was following a player named Justin Watts on scout.com because rivals didn't have much on him. He was being recruited by temple and had been offered a scholarship but he accepted one from UNC. Funny thing is he's from durham,nc.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...=68229&sport=2

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=2829188

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PK_bVKN3XA4 looks pretty good

Yeah not bad. To be honest I don't think I had ever heard of him.

Yeah not bad. To be honest I don't think I had ever heard of him.
    I expect him to be one of those 4 year contributors. Maybe taking a similar path as Joe Crawford from Kentucky.

Anyone else think Pitt is gonna be a Top 25 team in football this year? They'll have to eventually with those recruiting classes they have been getting.

Anyone else think Pitt is gonna be a Top 25 team in football this year? They'll have to eventually with those recruiting classes they have been getting.
    I don't watch college football as much, but just wondering what if cincinatti could be a team to challenge WVU.

Decent playground baller

I have no idea why Donte Green left early. He could have been top 10 in a year or two if he had stayed and improved his game. Not only that, Syracuse would have been an outstanding team next year with him on the roster.

Decent playground baller

Yes, they will be top 25. They are a fringe top 25 team in most preseason polls and they do not have a very diffcult schedule. LeSean McCoy is one of the best backs in the nation and I think Pat Bostick will have a berakout year at QB.