Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Yes, his past is undeniably great, legendary, nothing short of success, whatever.

But I am looking at Kobe's comments from a different angle. Is this his way of rebelling against the front office again? Is this his way of wanting to win, ON HIS TERMS again?

He keeps backing the ineffective by bringing up past contributions. I don't like it one bit. For those of you who remember, I called it that one season when he said he was "closer to being a bull than most people think". I talked about the inappropriateness of those comments and how he would demand a trade later, and nobody believed me, but then he did, every single day for a month.

When he starts speaking like this, I get extremely uncomfortable.
    The thing is, he was actually going to be a Piston, not a Bull.

NBA All-star

Yes, his past is undeniably great, legendary, nothing short of success, whatever.

But I am looking at Kobe's comments from a different angle. Is this his way of rebelling against the front office again? Is this his way of wanting to win, ON HIS TERMS again?

He keeps backing the ineffective by bringing up past contributions. I don't like it one bit. For those of you who remember, I called it that one season when he said he was "closer to being a bull than most people think". I talked about the inappropriateness of those comments and how he would demand a trade later, and nobody believed me, but then he did, every single day for a month.

When he starts speaking like this, I get extremely uncomfortable.

Wait, we traded Nash away? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I didn't take it as having ANYTHING to do with that...I took it as him paying homage to his teammate who is clearly an all time great. It was for a documentary on Nash, so of course it will deal with his entire career.
    So what benefit was it to Kobe to say that? With Kobe, who learned from Phil and the mind games, What was Kobe really trying to say?

So what benefit was it to Kobe to say that? With Kobe, who learned from Phil and the mind games, What was Kobe really trying to say?
    What do you think he should say on a Nash documentary?
    Do you actually think he should say a single negative thing.....and can you imagine the public backlash if he did say something bad?
    Lighten up bro, you are way too serious about this......much ado about nothing.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Do you actually think he should say a single negative thing.....and can you imagine the public backlash if he did say something bad?
    I was thinking the same thing. There's no way he could get away with saying something negative. It's not like we're talking about Smush Parker here. Kobe doesn't even talk bad about Shaq anymore, lol. He wouldn't say anything bad about Pau. I don't think he'd even say anything bad about Artest. There's no mind games here. I would bet if he was asked who deserved the MVP's more him or Nash he would answer himself, but I don't even find that controversial.

Da Mavs

Steve is probably a friend, and is a teammate/draft class mate. They have been colleague for 19 years. There' lots of respect and of course tremendous competitiveness from those 06/07 series. There is NOTHING negative to say about Steve Nash, who is a consummate professional and all around classy man.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Thats exactly what was said the last time. I don't mind. Im wrong and right 50% of the time each.

I just don't like it. I never get a good feeling on these.

Home of the 16

Lightbulb Kobe says he's "jealous" of Tim Duncan

Link: Here
    “I’m jealous of Tim, playing for the same historically great coach for his entire career.”
    Muh-ged.

Home of the 16

I wanna hear Kobe's opinion about this..... this is the real waiting game. Lol

Speak up, Kobe.

Default So all we have to look forward to this season is Kobe chucking?

Nash out for year....was looking forward to see him trying to come back

Randle out for year....was looking forward to see him develop

B Scott finally our coach....but he really doesn't have a team to coach

Linsanity........so far nothing to be Linsane about

Kobe.....will pass MJ this season. Good to see him playing again. Clearly not the same player of course.....just chucked his way to 30 pts tonight on a horrible FG%

Man times sure have changed...gunna be a long season

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: So all we have to look forward to this season is Kobe chucking?

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner

Kobe.....will pass MJ this season. Good to see him playing again. Clearly not the same player of course.....just chucked his way to 30 pts tonight on a horrible FG%

Annoyingly probably won't be bad enough to get the pick back from Phoenix either, although could be that bad at this rate who knows. With the team compiled wasn't expecting that much else...Kobe's got free reign you can look at the team and think who's the second option...probably the best you've got is either Jeremy Lin or a washed up Boozer, most annoying thing is Randle getting injured to be honest ...it's pretty much last year except just not spending a portion of the year hoping the coach will be fired

NBA lottery pick

This team has less scoring options than the team did back with Smush at PG. Let Kobe chuck shots all he wants. This team wasn't even a playoff contender anyhow. I say just enjoy watching Kobe tear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    This team has less scoring options than the team did back with Smush at PG. Let Kobe chuck shots all he wants. This team wasn't even a playoff contender anyhow. I say just enjoy watching Kobe tear it up.
    I was hoping they could emulate the Sixers back in 2000-03 Iverson took the most shots and averaged around 39-41% and yet that team played great defense even winning the ECF in 01.
    The major difference was Iverson would attack, get to the line or his frontcourt teammates would collect his missed FGs for easy put backs.
    I think of the Bulls the past 2 year without Rose how they were bad offensively but scrapped their way to very respectable record.
    Byron Scott spoke about the importance of playing defense and yet I don't see it.
    It is the players? Did Mitch consulted him? How on earth did they sign a player like Xavier Henry who turned out to have nagging injuries? Can't they find guys like Bruce Bowen who journeyed his way from Cal State Fullerton? a Bo Outlaw or someone like Udonis Haslem?
    Heck draft a guy like Patrick Beverly... oh wait they did that

btw welcome back guys.
    Crisoner, DD, etc, Bladfd, Freak etc where are you guys?
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 10-30-2014 at 07:38 PM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner

i guess kobe getting 20-30 a night and we end up with a lower enough record to get the 1-4 pick is about it. i was looking forward to randle as well.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Hell of a hand to be dealt.