Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If LBJ ends up with Back-2-Back "MVP Sweeps", He is LOCKED IN Top 10 GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Lebron is not better than prime kobe so I dont see lebron winning another ring

STFU.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: If LBJ ends up with Back-2-Back "MVP Sweeps", He is LOCKED IN Top 10 GOAT

hakeem yeah but not barkley. Hes a liability on defense coz hes playing pf at that size. Lebron looks better coz of assists but based on my observation its the pure scorers and not all around players that wins in this league or else oscar wouldve been better than jordan. Iverson, arenas would be winners in this league.
    Oscar had insanely bad teams.

Oscar was Mike on the 80s Bulls for his whole career until he went to the Bucks when he was already old.

Default Re: If LBJ ends up with Back-2-Back "MVP Sweeps", He is LOCKED IN Top 7 GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    LBJ = MJ & will definitely be in the rarified Air catagory IMO.

Bird has 2 MVP sweeps.
    MJ has 4 MVP sweeps.
    Magic has 1 MVP sweep.
    Shaq has 1 MVP sweep. (should've had 2 if he wasnt robbed of reg sea MVP in 2001 that AI got)

If MIA repeats as champs. & LBJ has 2 successive back-2-back Season MVP + FMVP yrs. Only 1990-1992 MJ has done this in the history. Shaq was clearly robbed of 2001 season MVP that went to AI.

LBJ will be the only one next to MJ doing it in back-2-back 2 years in a row

LBJ has definitely knocked off Kobe & Duncan for ever form that delicate 10th GOAT spot forever.
    WTF is this Pauk? It's too early to blow your cover

Troll who tries to provoke you

Default Re: If LBJ ends up with Back-2-Back "MVP Sweeps", He is LOCKED IN Top 7 GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    WTF is this Pauk? It's too early to blow your cover
    on come'on dude!!

I liked Bruceblitz dead ringer better! Atleast he got mentioned on national tv by Mark Jackson

LeBron is already locked top 10...with another MVP + Finals MVP he will be locked top 5 all time. One more he will be behind MJ the GOAT. If he gets one more he will be the official GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    He is already top 10 easy.
    Career legacy? Perhaps, but you could make an argument that he isn't.

As far as just a list of the best players, I already have him in the top 4.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

hakeem yeah but not barkley. Hes a liability on defense coz hes playing pf at that size. Lebron looks better coz of assists but based on my observation its the pure scorers and not all around players that wins in this league or else oscar wouldve been better than jordan. Iverson, arenas would be winners in this league.
    Bird was all around on offense. Magic was all around too on offense too.

What usually win championships are big men. Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Mikan, Parish/Mchale, Moses Malone, Willis Reed, Walton, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan/Robinson, Dirk, KG, and stuff. You usually can't win without a big guy who can get rebounds, protect the paint, or use their size as a advantage to score.

Big men whatever centers/powerforwards won way more than superstar guards who can score.

In fact, pure scorers rarely win the championships. The only ppl who won by leading the league in scoring are MJ, Kareem, and Shaq. At the same time, there are ppl who scored a lot who did win.

But usually, you cannot win without a big guy. The only exception were probably MJ and LeBron. But even then, MJ did have guys like H.Grant and Rodman and LBJ had Bosh.

#HEATNATION

One more MVP, he'd still be Top 11. One more FMVP and ring this season bumps him into #10 booting out Hakeem. @ all this top 5 BS.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

winning a regular season mvp isnt as important

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Bird was all around on offense. Magic was all around too on offense too.

What usually win championships are big men. Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Mikan, Parish/Mchale, Moses Malone, Willis Reed, Walton, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan/Robinson, Dirk, KG, and stuff. You usually can't win without a big guy who can get rebounds, protect the paint, or use their size as a advantage to score.

Big men whatever centers/powerforwards won way more than superstar guards who can score.

In fact, pure scorers rarely win the championships. The only ppl who won by leading the league in scoring are MJ, Kareem, and Shaq. At the same time, there are ppl who scored a lot who did win.

But usually, you cannot win without a big guy. The only exception were probably MJ and LeBron. But even then, MJ did have guys like H.Grant and Rodman and LBJ had Bosh.
    yeah i agree that big men wins. But when it comes to perimeter vs perimeter. It comes down to all around versus pure. It is the same with choosing between quality or quantity. An all around player has the quantity of skills but not the quality while its the other way around for pure scorers. And Ill always chose quality over quantity. Jordan, kobe are better pure scorers than lebron as they can beat him one on one and magic is a better pure passer than lebron. And they all combine for 16 rings while oscar, lebron only 2. lebron might win more with the cavs than jordan or magic did but when paired with other good players like pippen, jordan makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts. While I dont see a pippen/lebron combo as good as jordan/pippen. In fact we have seen it with wade and lebron. In order to win with lebron, you need other superstars while I really dont see pippen being a superstar had he not played with jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Career legacy? Perhaps, but you could make an argument that he isn't.

As far as just a list of the best players, I already have him in the top 4.
    If we're talking just best player then he is definitely top 2.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Oscar had insanely bad teams.

Oscar was Mike on the 80s Bulls for his whole career until he went to the Bucks when he was already old.
    I agree that you need a good team to win but to contend is another thing. Duncan, shaq, kareem, dirk, cp3, durant makes their team contenders despite the roster. jordan was a statpadder too early in his career thats why his team is losing early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Pretty sure Bill Russell would have some of these, if only...
    I'm not sure how many he'd have, but at least a few (and not all 11 obviously, since West won in 69). Wilt in 67 probably would have one too. Maybe Cousy in 57 (have to read up on that Finals more, though I believe Russell and Heinsohn were both big from my recollection of articles)? The MVP didn't exist prior to 55-56, but you gotta imagine Big George Mikan would've had at least one.

If we include ABA, Connie Hawkins has one (68), and Dr. J has two (74, 76).

The thinking that goes into these sort of threads are what's wrong with ranking and talking about players. OP could even be right, but this checkbox excuse for evaluation is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    The thinking that goes into these sort of threads are what's wrong with ranking and talking about players. OP could even be right, but this checkbox excuse for evaluation is awful.