Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Nanners.. Thoughts now? Was Dexter Lawrence worth giving up Odell?

Gettleman is not going to last very long. He will last maybe 2 seasons before he gets fired. He has been a disastrous GM so far

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Nanners.. Thoughts now? Was Dexter Lawrence worth giving up Odell?

Gettleman is not going to last very long. He will last maybe 2 seasons before he gets fired. He has been a disastrous GM so far
    I dont watch enough college football to have an opinion on Dexter Lawrence... but regardless of how the draft picks turn out, I still think making the trade was the right choice for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    I dont watch enough college football to have an opinion on Dexter Lawrence... but regardless of how the draft picks turn out, I still think making the trade was the right choice for the Giants.
    Morons didn't even wait on Jones until #17.. Gettleman saying 2 teams were going to take him before 17.. Who and how do you know, Gettleman??

Jones is a 3rd round QB taken in top 6.. Gettleman also said they will develop Jones for 3 years behind Eli, who has been horrendous last couple years

They should have taken DT Ed Oliver at 6 and waited on Jones until 17. Dwayne Haskins didn't go until 15, and he is certainly a better prospect than Jones. Even then, I don't think it was worth giving up Odell..

GRRM on point:

[QUOTE]The Giants, on the other hand

This guy has some good quarterback reviews. He says Jones is probably better than he is getting credit for. His teamates sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbfeNHA9Yvg

In another vid he analyzed Eli and said his offensive line was the big problem. Eli also forced the ball to OBJ too much, but other than that was pretty good.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-30-2019 at 07:42 PM.

[CENTER]

[B][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GWtilO4Xk"]The Browns are under more pressure than the Cowboys this season

The Browns have had a grand total of 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance in the past 20 years since their post-baltimore rebirth... they wont have any real pressure until they prove they can actually win games with some kind of consistency.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have historically been a good team, they have advanced past the divisional round a grand total of zero times during their last 20 years as a franchise (and they made the playoffs 8 times during that span).... but the last time the Cowboys made the superbowl, primetime and dooms were shit[COLOR="Black"]ti[/COLOR]ng in pampers.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

The Browns have had a grand total of 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance in the past 20 years since their post-baltimore rebirth... they wont have any real pressure until they prove they can actually win games with some kind of consistency.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have historically been a good team, they have advanced past the divisional round a grand total of zero times during their last 20 years as a franchise (and they made the playoffs 8 times during that span).... but the last time the Cowboys made the superbowl, primetime and dooms were shit[COLOR="Black"]ti[/COLOR]ng in pampers.
    it's different.. this year there are actual expectations grounded in reality. Browns fans expect them to have a winning season at a bare minimum. It's literally been over a decade.

The home opener this year is going to be absolute pandemonium.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Browns have an elite offense on paper - only potential weakness I see is o-line. Their defense is nothing to sneeze at - I do have questions about their secondary but it's not complete sh!t.. What else do you want?
    I'm not here to add more fuel to the "Browns hype train" that has strangely taken over ESPN and the rest of the national sports media, but the Browns had the 2nd rated offensive line in the NFL according to PFF last year. They did trade Kevin Zeitler, one of the best guards in the league, to the Giants for Olivier Vernon, but we are stacked with talent in the middle of the line so he was semi-expendable. JC Tretter and Joel Bitonio are arguably the best center-guard combo in the league and they have highly touted Austin Corbett stepping into Zeitler's spot. The reason they felt they could make that trade was the staff's belief in Corbett (and the fact that Vernon is really good).

I do have a couple of questions/concerns about the tackle position, but Greg Robinson stepped in pretty well for us the second half of the season and Chris Hubbard was good enough on the otherside.

In short, all of the moves have over-shadowed the o-line, but based on how they performed last year, it should be a strength.

The secondary has a question mark in losing Peppers, but as long as Denzel Ward is healthy, we actually have a pretty talented group. Demarious Randall was a revelation as a free safety (played mainly SS in Green Bay, out of position) and Terrance Mitchell was really damn good across from Ward before he got hurt last year... and they've added Greedy Williams and Sheldrick Redwine through the draft and Morgan Burnett in free agency.

I don't know... this team has to prove it on the field before I make any definitive statements, but on paper this team has a ridiculous amount of talent across the board.

The most vulnerable position is probably linebacker but Joe Schobert is the quarterback of the defense and getting Kirksey back from injury should help.

The defensive line is absolutely stacked with the additions of Vernon on the outside and Richardson on the inside which should help everyone else ... the more pressure you get, the less you have to worry about on the back-end.

I'm pretty excited, but I'm tuning out all of the noise. It is all meaningless until they do something on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    it's different.. this year there are actual expectations grounded in reality. Browns fans expect them to have a winning season at a bare minimum. It's literally been over a decade.

The home opener this year is going to be absolute pandemonium.
    I hope the expectations arent too high, because there are a ton of red flags surrounding the browns -

head coach is completely unknown

offensive line is highly questionable, only 2 of the 5 are remotely proven

their new celebrity WR was insanely expensive and has a history of injuries and drama

their secondary is largely unproven

I hope the expectations arent too high, because there are a ton of red flags surrounding the browns -

head coach is completely unknown

offensive line is highly questionable, only 2 of the 5 are remotely proven

their new celebrity WR was insanely expensive and has a history of injuries and drama

their secondary is largely unproven
    I prefer it if everyone thinks we are going to suck donkey balls. So this is fine.

Would 8 wins be considered a moral victory in 2019? I say yes. That is an improvement on 2018 and 2018 was a 7-win improvement on 2017.

The roster is slightly better this year. It should probably reflect it in the record, but not by much. So many holes, unknown coach, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I prefer it if everyone thinks we are going to suck donkey balls. So this is fine.

Would 8 wins be considered a moral victory in 2019? I say yes. That is an improvement on 2018 and 2018 was a 7-win improvement on 2017.

The roster is slightly better this year. It should probably reflect it in the record, but not by much. So many holes, unknown coach, etc.
    Im not saying I think the Browns will suck donkey balls, I just think the team has some glaring red flags and I dont find them remotely "terrifying".

Considering the current state of the AFC north, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the Browns won the division next year... I also wouldnt be surprised if they finished in last place (as usual).

Im not saying I think the Browns will suck donkey balls, I just think the team has some glaring red flags and I dont find them remotely "terrifying".

Considering the current state of the AFC north, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the Browns won the division next year... I also wouldnt be surprised if they finished in last place (as usual).
    I'm not saying I think you said or implied the Browns are going to suck donkey balls. I said that, if I had my preference, every non-Browns fan would think the team was going to suck donkey balls.

I don't like all the hype. This is one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Most of its important players are well under 25. ESPN just rated the Browns the most improved team of the 2019 offseason and I don't like it. Too much hype, too little accomplishments.

Sure, on-paper, the team looks like it should be pretty good. But having been a long-suffering fan of a franchise who has seen one winning season in the last 15 years (and we didn't even go to the playoffs that one year), I will believe this is real when they start winning on the field.

I will say that your last sentence seems a bit over-the-top... it seems hard to envision a scenario (injuries notwithstanding) that this group of players finishes last in the division, at least while the Bengals are still in the AFC North.

I quite enjoyed that. Thanks.

Cowherd is such a douche. There is a lot of things you can say about Cleveland. More power to you. But, I will defend the idea that Browns fans are among the best in professional sports and his attempts to minimize how horrible things have been and how people stuck with them anyway... despite our better interest (sanity) a lot of times ... These are people who successfully petitioned the league to maintain the Browns history, colors, logo, etc. when Modell moved the team.

They're the only franchise in sports history to do that.

Like I said above, I don't know what the future holds. But I do know that Browns fans deserve a great football team to root for. Hopefully, the sizzle is as good as the hype.