Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why is Espn ranking Tony Parker outside of the Top 5 Best Player

Are they out of their mind?

1. Bron - Best Player in the league, no discussion.
    2. Durant - Where he belongs
    3. Cp3? Heck no! this is Parker's place.
    4. James Harden
    5. Westbrook - I agree

Replace that flopper with TP who's a proven top 5 in this league, both regular season and playoffs. Name me a PG who has led the league in points in the paint? The most underrated player in this league.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why is Espn ranking Tony Parker outside of the Top 5 Best Player

Imagine CP3 in that Spurs offense

CP3 plays with Tim Duncan?

High School Starter

Rose and paul clearly better then Parker maybe westbrook too, dumbest thread I've seen in a while Duncan carried him his whole career
    Last edited by joeyjoejoe; 10-29-2013 at 12:18 AM.

You realize he isn't even the best player on his team right?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Imagine CP3 in that Spurs offense
    The man never proved that he could lead a team to a ship. What makes you think that it would be different if he plays for the Spurs? Cause of the system? the coach? the players?

One thing I refuse to understand is that the best player on the best team in the west, he is not even ranked top 5. non sense

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    Rose and paul clearly better then Parker maybe westbrook too, dumbest thread I've seen in a while Duncan carried him his whole career
    Obviously cause it was Timmy's team. He had to be in the shadow of Duncan for a while. Managed to be the FMVP in 2007 since then it's been his team.

Rose is not better than Parker and the same can be said for cp3, Tim Duncan is not the best player in our team, Parker is.

To the OP: Please stay out of drugs.. Your on high!

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    Obviously cause it was Timmy's team. He had to be in the shadow of Duncan for a while. Managed to be the FMVP in 2007 since then it's been his team.

Rose is not better than Parker and the same can be said for cp3, Tim Duncan is not the best player in our team, Parker is.
    Are you an idiot? Or are you trying reverse-trolling?

CP3 sodomized TP in 2008. Chris Paul is the best PG I've ever seen this side of Isiah / Magic. That's the honest to god truth. Hopefully his cast develops balls to help his already substantial amount of aid to improve as players so the Clippers can advance.

NBA Superstar

Hate it or love it the OP has a point.

The Spurs aren't loaded with talent, and Parker basically got them as close as you can to a championship without winning one all the while relying on two VERY inconsistent, old, running mates.

Parker has been the best player on the Spurs for the last few years and seems to more often than not win out against 'better' PGs in the Western Conference.

I think CP3 perpetually gets forgiven for never going anywhere in the playoffs. I am not sure why he doesn't get held accountable, right now, I'd take Westbrook, Parker and Rose over him at his position, so putting him 3rd in the league OVERALL is kind of bullshit.

I think it is anti-Nash hangover, people always threw Paul's name out as the true best PG when Nash ran the league, but now Paul has had 7 years to step up and win something in Nash's decline and earn the accolades lauded on him, but he hasn't.

This year is where the chickens come home to roost for Paul, if he can't win with that team and his new coach...maybe he is just a nice player, not a great one.

High School Starter

Nash was the best pg before 08 but he's been playing for nearly 20 seasons and never made finals had more stacked team in Phoenix then cp ever had book it does that mean Nash sucks no so stop spilling bs u know f.a about, Parker is a very good pg on a great team has had much team success but will never be considered individually great like paul Nash or rose

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    The man never proved that he could lead a team to a ship. What makes you think that it would be different if he plays for the Spurs? Cause of the system? the coach? the players?

One thing I refuse to understand is that the best player on the best team in the west, he is not even ranked top 5. non sense
    Yes, yes, and yes. You've answered your own question.

James Harden is massively overrated. We saw what happens in the playoffs when he stops getting his head-flick flopping calls.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    James Harden is massively overrated. We saw what happens in the playoffs when he stops getting his head-flick flopping calls.
    Lol he was even getting those vs OKC, that was all that niqqa was haning onto. That and running into people just hoping for the call.

Harden is a bitch niqqa, getting rated top 4 in the NBA. Either that reflects poorly on the NBA or those niqqas at ESPN high as hell