Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Shaq Statue Before Kobe's?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Kobe, and I'm not even a fan of his. Not sure what Shaq's 3 titles as "the man" have to do with Bryant's 5 titles...and him getting a statue before Shaq.
    "Rings as the man" is a faux category. It's not even a real category, yet people throw it out as a statistical category. Does anyone outside of ISH and similar sites comprised of a tiny fraction of hardcore elitist fans care about this? This is a rhetorical question. No one does. Rings are rings. Walk into the local sports bar tonight and ask people how many rings Kobe, or for that matter Shaq or Magic or Kareem have. 5, 4, 5 and 6. It's hilarious how elitist fans obsess over a fictional category that is based on subjective factors and is irrelevant.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    thats fine.. Thats not my point..
    read the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    read the title of the thread
    like I said already... I couldnt give sh*t if kobe or shaq ever get statue at all..

just here to remind you all that Shaq is better and ya cant reach 5 titles without the first 3 (which Shaq carried his team to)..

If kobe fans dont like that fact? i dont care It is what is...

Quote Originally Posted by dajadeed
    This is hilarious.

It's funny watching non-Lakers fans talk about this.

Kobe will go down with Magic as the two most beloved sports figures in LA, period. And not just basketball. Magic Johnson is still a GOD in LA, and Kobe has already reached that status.

Shaq could have been there, but he made his own bed.

You don't curse out the owner and get a statue outside of Staples.

Shaq has actually been very complimentary of the Lakers franchise and Kobe Bryant in recent years. I think he realizes how good he had it in LA, and how different the franchise is from the rest of the ones he played on. You can just tell that he would have done things differently if he could go back in time...

This...

- It's crazy hearing posters opinions about all things Lakers (Kobe , Shaq , 3 peat , repeat etc)...especially when one of the more popular Mods here (who happens to be a Shaq stan) was trying to tell me how LA Fans acted during the 2000 - 20004 seasons???

He is from Buffallo NY...and never been outta the state.....???.....so basically a Canadian is trying to tell a Cali agent how we thought of the kobe Shaq Lakers.....

- Funny part is he thought the Sacremento Bee was in LA...

- L.A. Lakers = the greatest franchise in NBA History....sets the tone for the basketball world......Greatest most knowlegable fans in the world.

your welcome.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

like I said already... I couldnt give sh*t if kobe or shaq ever get statue at all..

just here to remind you all that I have a clear agenda. I don't like Kobe so it doesn't matter what the topic is as long as I can get that point across.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    Fixed
    it was correct the first time kidco...

dont be mad

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

just here to remind you all that Shaq is better and ya cant reach 5 titles without the first 3 (which Shaq carried his team to)..

so you're here to troll then? you might as well be like kennethgriffin and post a new thread about it

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    so you're here to troll then? you might as well be like kennethgriffin and post a new thread about it
    I have only ever trolled once in the 10 years I been here..... but this group of kobe fans seems awfully sensitive I'm giving it some thought... might be too much fun to pass up

I have only ever trolled once in the 10 years I been here..... but this group of kobe fans seems awfully sensitive I'm giving it some thought... might be too much fun to pass up

Betrayer of thy Lord from thou land

GTFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Judas!!!

Banned

IMO there are 4 people who deserve a statue outside staples.

Magic
    West
    Kobe
    Chick Hearn

Kareem and Shaq did alot for the franchise and the Lakers wouldn't be the Lakers without their all star big men but the 4 men above were Lakers for their whole career and that is what I think earns them a statue. If the lakers start building statues for all their franchise players then pretty soon there will be no room.

Why isn't a retired jersey good enough for Kareem and Shaq?

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    "Rings as the man" is a faux category. It's not even a real category, yet people throw it out as a statistical category. Does anyone outside of ISH and similar sites comprised of a tiny fraction of hardcore elitist fans care about this? This is a rhetorical question. No one does. Rings are rings. Walk into the local sports bar tonight and ask people how many rings Kobe, or for that matter Shaq or Magic or Kareem have. 5, 4, 5 and 6. It's hilarious how elitist fans obsess over a fictional category that is based on subjective factors and is irrelevant.
    THIS

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    A lot of Laker fans won't like it if there's a Shaq statue. They hate him.
    This is just plain false. I see you routinely pull shit out of your ass about Lakers fans.

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    Look at the title of the thread, you just brought pies to a gun fight. now stop throwing them before you get hurt.

The topic is
    Re: Shaq Statue Before Kobe's?

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    This...

- It's crazy hearing posters opinions about all things Lakers (Kobe , Shaq , 3 peat , repeat etc)...especially when one of the more popular Mods here (who happens to be a Shaq stan) was trying to tell me how LA Fans acted during the 2000 - 20004 seasons???

He is from Buffallo NY...and never been outta the state.....???.....so basically a Canadian is trying to tell a Cali agent how we thought of the kobe Shaq Lakers.....

- Funny part is he thought the Sacremento Bee was in LA...

- L.A. Lakers = the greatest franchise in NBA History....sets the tone for the basketball world......Greatest most knowlegable fans in the world.

your welcome.
    you're*

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    A lot of Laker fans won't like it if there's a Shaq statue. They hate him.

That is a very blatant lie, obviously you don't live in L.A.
    We had a brief rift with Shaq but all is forgiven now.......and unlike Kareem, Shaq is a VERY nice person and has always done a ton of things for the community.