Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Westbrook: I wasn't ready for Kobe, he is the best player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Lebron is two notches above Kobe right now..Sorry dude
    True...but LeBron would have gotten murked by Westbrook. He can't guard players that quick, he's too big.

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Westbrook: I wasn't ready for Kobe, he is the best player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Who said that Kobe is an average defender? He's not nearly as good as people like you think, but he's at the very least above average, and can be great in stretches when he applies himself. Also, 10-13 FGA is a very low volume, so a missed shot or two really has an impact on FG% and can't be used as evidence of much of anything.
    Ok.

Who said that Kobe is an average defender? He's not nearly as good as people like you think, but he's at the very least above average, and can be great in stretches when he applies himself. Also, 10-13 FGA is a very low volume, so a missed shot or two really has an impact on FG% and can't be used as evidence of much of anything.
    He's better than people like you think. I am actually pretty objective when it comes to Kobe's defense. His team defense can be extremely weak sometimes, especially when he guards somebody who he doesn't respect to hit jumpers, because he plays off of them a lot and if that player is hot, can make the team pay. But on the reverse, if the guy is bricking, then Kobe can help collapse on penetration into the lane. However, Kobe's man-to-man defense is spectacular when he puts his energy and effort into it and IMO, one of the best man-to-man defenders in the league. At the SG spot, I don't think anybody is better. Though Wade is a better team defender and fine m-t-m defender himself. Now, Battier and Artest are probably better, but they are SF, but they guard the best SGs, so you could count them in the discussion I guess into perimeter defender. Also, Westbrook averages 14 FGA/game in the regular season. So he was 1 off of his average attempts. He surely would have gotten more than 13 attempts had Kobe not stolen the ball on attempts or him getting stopped on his way. So yeah, 1 miss can make a huge difference, but big difference between 31% and 42% especially when he would of had to make 5-6 shots, 6 to get at least 42%, to get his average.

Serious playground baller

Kobe is without a doubt one of the best man to man defenders in the league when motivated. Unfortunately that only happens about 5 times a season. The rest of the time he spends gambling for steals in the passing lanes, and letting the guy he's meant to be defending get open shots all day.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Kobe does a good job defensively (with a lot of help from his big men) for one game against a guy who averaged 16.1 pts/41.8% FG this season and people act like he's the second coming of the messiah. Hysterical.
    oh boy these jordan nutthuggers hate to give kobe credit.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    westbrook's opinion> man in new york sitting in his michael jordan pajamas posting in the middle of the night

In before ashbelly ( new account for PB)
    j-z eh ?? you stupid indian

BlackMambaLivin

Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Even his enemies bow down at the feet of him

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Hold up, Kobe Fan thinks Kobe's performance in Game 5 was impressive?

Dude was in a Bruce Bowen role all game. Shoot 40% but that's okay cause you getting limited shots and playing solid D to offset lackluster offensive performances.

Kobe should have accepted this role in Game 1. They might have swept the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    It's amazing how you continue to post these Kobe is the best player in the league threads from other players as in trying to convince yourself and others than Kobe is the best. Quite funny really.

CeoTypeDoe619

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    It's amazing how you continue to post these Kobe is the best player in the league threads from other players as in trying to convince yourself and others than Kobe is the best. Quite funny really.
    Lebron fans.
    That want even the main point of the thread.

The man point was how Westbrook pretty much admits Kobes defense left him shook.

But hey whatever hurts ya feelings the most i guess

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Lebron fans.
    That want even the main point of the thread.

The man point was how Westbrook pretty much admits Kobes defense left him shook.

But hey whatever hurts ya feelings the most i guess
    Hmm ok

So why name the title of the thread "I wasn't ready for Kobe, he is the best player in the league"

It's clear what is agenda was and why he created this thread and it wasn't purely because of the defense he played on Westbrook.

CeoTypeDoe619

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    Hmm ok

So why name the title of the thread "I wasn't ready for Kobe, he is the best player in the league"

It's clear what is agenda was and why he created this thread and it wasn't purely because of the defense he played on Westbrook.
    Take it how you want. What jumped out at me was that Westbrook pretty much said hes Kobes biitch. this is like the 100th player to say kobe was the best in the last month. So how is that news?

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Take it how you want. What jumped out at me was that Westbrook pretty much said hes Kobes biitch. this is like the 100th player to say kobe was the best in the last month. So how is that news?
    Exactly my point, it always gets posted on here as a way to try and convince other people more than spreading news.

Banned

Nothing surprises me anymore, just another player claiming Kobe is the best.

Lebron is the best player in the NBA this year but a lot of players have been saying Kobe is the best, rather than Lebron. Also, factor in all Kobe's injuries and him playing at 70%, for Lebron to take the title as the best.

Really?!....an injured Kobe finally got Lebron the top spot.