Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default List of People Who should be Banned

Just curious to see which members here are so bad that the vast majority would like them banned.

I also think this thread will help new members figure out who they should avoid and not take serious.

Tell me who you think should be banned and give a thought out reason why.

NO INSULTS or CHARACTER ATTACKS

Just reasoning on why they make the forum worse.

Nobody knows anyone here, your posts are your reputation, and that's all anyone here should be judged on.

My suggestions:

Robertshaw - Has never shown any respect to anyone and constantly starts ridiculous threads that are driven by the same few agendas.

Hawkfan - Not sure (s)he's ever relayed a complete thought. Mostly just states an opinion, backs it up with other opinions and asks for us to discuss. Imagine if (s)he interacted this way in normal soceity.

Pleezebelieve - I'm not sure he's ever said anything I believe he believed.

There are a ton more but keeping them on ignore has allowed me to miss them entirely. However these three (and many mo0re I'm forgetting) are unavoidable, always starting threads and watering down the forum.

MASTER LIST

robertshaw_1
    Killuminati90
    Desperado
    Jacks3
    freshprince619
    hawkfan
    O.J A 6'4Mamba
    StacksOnDecks

Last edited by G.O.A.T; 03-18-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Default Re: List of People Who should be Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Just curious to see which members here are so bad that the vast majority would like them banned.

I also think this thread will help new members figure out who they should avoid and not take serious.

Nobody knows anyone here, your posts are your reputation, and that's all anyone here should be judged on.

My suggestions:

Robertshaw - Has never shown any respect to anyone and constantly starts ridiculous threads that are driven by the same few agendas.

Hawkfan - Not sure (s)he's ever relayed a complete thought. Mostly just states an opinion, backs it up with other opinions and asks for us to discuss. Imagine if (s)he interacted this way in normal soceity.

There are a ton more but keeping them on ignore has allowed me to miss them entirely. However these three (and many mo0re I'm forgetting) are unavoidable, always starting threads and watering down the forum.

MASTER LIST
    that's what you just did...

grow a pair of e-balls and fight back.

Banned

i'd like to request my name be added to the list for the homers. its better they have me on ignore than trying to talk objective bball where they can't accept 1 criticism of their favorite player thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyscraper
    that's what you just did...

grow a pair of e-balls and fight back.
    Those are not insults or character attacks. They're assesments of their posts.

The idea of "fighting" in any way online seems like a complete waste to me.

7-time NBA All-Star

I'd say the posters on my ignore list and they are.

robertshaw_1
    O.J A 6'4Mamba
    KAJ=GOAT
    Jacks3
    GollyImSoGully
    Dizzle-2k7
    Big#50
    Desperado

Killuminati90

He makes it way to personal.. And would insult someone rather than talk basketball.

Posters like PB and Hawksfan has strange opinions and that alone isn't ban worthy IMO, but attacking and insulting other posters repeatedly is.

I don't mind all the "U Mad?" stuff, but when he starts talking about DuMa's mom sucking his **** is that to far IMO.
    Last edited by kurple; 03-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Those are not insults or character attacks. They're assesments of their posts.

The idea of "fighting" in any way online seems like a complete waste to me.

Those assessments are insults..

Not all insults have to be "you idiot. Kobe 4 > 0. u madd???""

But I get your point.

Ban the posters who contribute nothing positive to the board and only fan the flames.

In that case, put in Andrei## and anyone else with over 30Posts per day that are mostly vapid one liners or nonsensical memes.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I'd say the posters on my ignore list and they are.

robertshaw_1
    O.J A 6'4Mamba
    KAJ=GOAT
    Jacks3
    GollyImSoGully
    Dizzle-2k7
    Big#50
    Desperado
    I agree on Desperado, Jacks3, GollyImSoGully, and Robertshaw1.

These groups of Kobe loving, Jordan hating trolls are ruining ISH. The thing is, alot of Laker/Kobe fans on ISH are actually quite knowledgeable or at least somewhat mature. Out of the entire Kobe fanbase, I'd say there are 2-5 REALLY bad ones (someone like Freshprince or Golly, complete trolls), a couple of kinda immature/bad but still knowledgeable ones (like Fatal9) and some okay ones who are clearly a bit biased towards Kobe but not bad posters by any means (dizzle2k7, KAJ=GOAT)

But the problem is, there is like this unwritten rule where they can't call each other out. It's annoying as hell. Freshprince will make a ridculous statement (he once said Kerr was a HOF guard to prove Jordan had a stacked cast) and none of these other Laker guys blink. Then if someone counters and even exaggerate one bit in a criticism of Kobe (like me, who said 2000 Kobe was like Brandon Jennings, in hindsight it was an exaggerated comment on my part), THE ENTIRE KOBE/LAKER fan base jumps on that. I saw, literally 15 straight posts by posters with a Laker/Kobe avatar call me out on my comment. Yet that same group are okay with people from their own side making complete troll claims.

Another example: Fatal usually start threads that aren't 100% bad. Sure there's a hidden agenda and he's shady, but the threads he starts are okay. It's when Roundball and Desperado and others get it does it soon turn into a ridiculous Jordan-hating thread. All it takes is one kobe troll and the rest of the Laker/Kobe fans kinda join in, even if they're not trolls. And again, if we argue back and bash Kobe even the slightest, THE ENTIRE KOBE FANBASE COMES IN, even though half of those guys are normally good posters.
    Last edited by EricForman; 03-17-2010 at 12:57 PM.

My suggestions:

MASTER LIST
    I've offered plenty of complete thoughts.

Detroit should never have signed Gordon, CV, Wilcox and spent 20 million on three guys who can't get them even to .500.

If this is enough to get me banned, then so be it.

G.O.A.T. - you aren't the GOAT of all time. Kareem Abdul Jabbar is the GOAT of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    I agree on Desperado, Jacks3, GollyImSoGully, and Robertshaw1.

These groups of Kobe loving, Jordan hating trolls are ruining ISH. The thing is, alot of Laker/Kobe fans on ISH are actually quite knowledgeable or at least somewhat mature. Out of the entire Kobe fanbase, I'd say there are 2-5 REALLY bad ones (someone like Freshprince or Golly, complete trolls), kinda immature but still knowledgeable ones (like Fatal9) and some okay ones.

But the problem is, there is like this unwritten rule where they can't call each other out. It's annoying as hell. Freshprince will make a ridculous statement (he once said Kerr was a HOF guard to prove Jordan had a stacked cast) and none of these other Laker guys blink. Then if someone counters that and even exaggerate one bit (like me, who said 2000 Kobe was like Brandon Jennings, in hindsight it was an exaggerated comment on my part), THE ENTIRE KOBE/LAKER fan base jumps on that. I saw, literally 15 straight posts by posters with a Laker/Kobe avatar call me out on my comment. Yet they are okay with people from their own side making complete troll claims.

Another example: Fatal usually start threads that aren't 100% bad. Sure there's a hidden agenda and he's shady, but the threads he starts are okay. It's when Roundball and Desperado and others get it does it soon turn into a ridiculous Jordan-hating thread. And again, if we argue back and bash Kobe even the slightest, THE ENTIRE KOBE FANBASE COMES IN, even though half of those guys are normally good posters.
    I agree. Those Laker/Kobe guys roll deep.

I do think that there are some good laker fans though like gts,ohthehorror,LA Showtime,Zen,etc.

Anyone that thinks Kobe Bryant is better than Lebron James this year should be banned because it means they have no knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He's something new now, CeoTypeDoe619... Just look for a Kobe thread on the first few pages and you'll find his name.
    I actually think that's a new breed, Cantstop has a better writing style

I say let all of them stay. It makes the board more interesting. If you don't like them...ignore their posts.

Banned

Knoe Itawl/Bruce Blitz/BallersTalk

HorryIsMyMVP

raptorfan_dr07

DuMa

Duncan21formvp/pierce2008mvp/TmacsRockets

EricForman

Glide2keva
    Last edited by Desperado; 03-17-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyscraper
    Those assessments are insults..

Not all insults have to be "you idiot. Kobe 4 > 0. u madd???""

But I get your point.

Ban the posters who contribute nothing positive to the board and only fan the flames.

In that case, put in Andrei## and anyone else with over 30Posts per day that are mostly vapid one liners or nonsensical memes.
    Thanks, I really don't mean anything to be an attack.

I'm not saying them with the intent to hurt anyone's feelings or prove anything.

I don't want to attack people I don't know but this forum has NO moderation.

I am making this soley to try and help the site.