Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Does anyone actually think that Durant is staying in OKC once his contract is up?

The Thunder have one of the worst coaches in the league who consistently gets outclassed in the playoffs, yet the front office acts like it's no big deal and these wasted years are okay.

The Thunder are always playing musical chairs with their young talented players, trading them away for more future "assets," or even, at times... Kendrick Perkins. (Jeff Green, James Harden, Reggie Jackson will soon foollow...)

Westbrook is a good player but with zero coaching direction is probably a bit frustrating to play with... Seeing the guy take 5+ shots a game that he can get whenever he wants but chooses to get them early in the shot clock since they don't run plays anyways...

OKC isn't exactly a fun place to live

Durant's gonna be as good as gone IMO, and it's because of three things, the Thunder's allegiance to Brooks, their perceived cheapness and inability to keep talent as opposed to trading it away, and their lack of urgency in making moves to contend now.

NBA All-star

Default Re: Does anyone actually think that Durant is staying in OKC once his contract is up?

Would people think that Durants tactic in handling his tenure with OKC as "passive-aggressive". even though he had just won an MVP. ?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone actually think that Durant is staying in OKC once his contract is up?

Reserving my Knicks Durant jersey now.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    The Thunder have one of the worst coaches in the league who consistently gets outclassed in the playoffs, yet the front office acts like it's no big deal and these wasted years are okay.

The Thunder are always playing musical chairs with their young talented players, trading them away for more future "assets," or even, at times... Kendrick Perkins. (Jeff Green, James Harden, Reggie Jackson will soon foollow...)

Westbrook is a good player but with zero coaching direction is probably a bit frustrating to play with... Seeing the guy take 5+ shots a game that he can get whenever he wants but chooses to get them early in the shot clock since they don't run plays anyways...

OKC isn't exactly a fun place to live

Durant's gonna be as good as gone IMO, and it's because of three things, the Thunder's allegiance to Brooks, their perceived cheapness and inability to keep talent as opposed to trading it away, and their lack of urgency in making moves to contend now.
    NO EXCUSES!

It doesn't really make sense for him to stay.

Fans just want an exciting story or something new to happen. OKC is a perennial contender, it doesn't make sense for him to leave. It would be better if he asked for more aggressive changes before he resigned.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Durant has a very different personality type than the Lebrons, Melos, and Dwights of the league.

I would be more shocked if he leaves than if he stays.

He should leave to punish OKC for their insane decision making. You have a billionaire owner who trades away a destiny to avoid 1 or 2 years of luxury tax. You have a coach that runs no offense in the age of ball movement and analytics.

I would rather he stayed because they have good fans. But they have done everything to lose him.

Banned

Coming to H-Town

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

The Hype to the Knicks is going to be legendary. And when he clowns them just like Lebron did, the will be incredible.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    He should leave to punish OKC for their insane decision making. You have a billionaire owner who trades away a destiny to avoid 1 or 2 years of luxury tax. You have a coach that runs no offense in the age of ball movement and analytics.

I would rather he stayed because they have good fans. But they have done everything to lose him.
    I think this is where I think perhaps the owner, had been more familiar with people management as well as personell decisions, instead of being more so a student of the game and history.

With that said, i am certain the coaching circle exists where ones that are loyal to management/ownership groups, and the others to rosters. With the occasional nut cases who defy those rules of course.

As for the Thunders being perenial contenders.

If they could just dig up one of those Ben Wallace type center.

Ibaka is like Bruce Bowen on crack.

Seattle curse

Their team is good, since they lose that unreleasable bond with Brooks and fire him they should be fine.

Though they shouldn't have traded Harden and Jeff Green, I don't think trading Jackson will be wrong. He's not that good, is a very dumb player and will be asking a lot of money by the end of the season.

I don't really know OKC but it seems KD has no problem living there as he don't have a problem playing with WB either.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    The Hype to the Knicks is going to be legendary. And when he clowns them just like Lebron did, the will be incredible.
    Says who? I'd love to have him on the Knicks but I know they aren't getting him. How will it be 'lol'?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Says who? I'd love to have him on the Knicks but I know they aren't getting him. How will it be 'lol'?