Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why has Kendall Marshall not been given a fair shot?

He has truly excellent court vision..he's not huge like Lebron/Magic or quick as **** like Westbrook or Wall, he doesn't have the physical tools to be a superstar..but his passes are precise, well-timed, smart. He makes everyone around him better..if you need someone to run your offense like a true PG and get everyone good looks, he's an extremely promising young player. Guys who are absolute trash on our team like Johnny O'Bryant have some sliver of value on court when he's running things.

I don't know how it's taken Kidd, a guy all time great vision, this long to start to ramping up Marshall's offensive responsibility over Knight..but it's about damn time.

Phoenix has enough quality PGs so I guess they didn't mess up..but the Lakers really did imo. This dude has an extremely valuable skill, and the rest of his game is catching up to halfway decent levels (jumper, defense, etc).

His numbers don't stand out whatsoever, not even close to it..and he's never going to be an all-star..but watching the games and seeing his influence on how smoothly our offense runs when he's out there..I don't understand how this dude has been neglected and thrown around the league as a young player. Maybe he's taken huge strides in his game this year, and I didn't watch enough of him before he joined the Bucks..

Banned

Default Re: Why has Kendall Marshall not been given a fair shot?

besides passing, none of his other skills are on par

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He has truly excellent court vision..he's not huge like Lebron/Magic or quick as **** like Westbrook or Wall, he doesn't have the physical tools to be a superstar..but his passes are precise, well-timed, smart. He makes everyone around him better..if you need someone to run your offense like a true PG and get everyone good looks, he's an extremely promising young player. Guys who are absolute trash on our team like Johnny O'Bryant have some sliver of value on court when he's running things.

I don't know how it's taken Kidd, a guy all time great vision, this long to start to ramping up Marshall's offensive responsibility over Knight..but it's about damn time.

Phoenix has enough quality PGs so I guess they didn't mess up..but the Lakers really did imo. This dude has an extremely valuable skill, and the rest of his game is catching up to halfway decent levels (jumper, defense, etc).

His numbers don't stand out whatsoever, not even close to it..and he's never going to be an all-star..but watching the games and seeing his influence on how smoothly our offense runs when he's out there..I don't understand how this dude has been neglected and thrown around the league as a young player. Maybe he's taken huge strides in his game this year, and I didn't watch enough of him before he joined the Bucks..
    Kidd knows the point guard position - big influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kite
    besides passing, none of his other skills are on par
    Given how raw other young players are, isn't that something he should be allowed to work on? I mean the dude hasn't been an atrocious defender with the Bucks, he at the very least works hard and doesn't let opposing PGs go off on him..and he's shooting 39% from 3.. I think his passing, ability to control the tempo of the game, overall intelligence as a floor general at a young age outweighs his weaknesses, which again, seem to be fixable to some extent. Lakers would love him right about now, with their PG situation.

Banned

Given how raw other young players are, isn't that something he should be allowed to work on? I mean the dude hasn't been an atrocious defender with the Bucks, he at the very least works hard and doesn't let opposing PGs go off on him..and he's shooting 39% from 3.. I think his passing, ability to control the tempo of the game, overall intelligence as a floor general at a young age outweighs his weaknesses, which again, seem to be fixable to some extent. Lakers would love him right about now, with their PG situation.
    He's also a poor teammate and players for contracts

but he's probably better than ronnie price

Point guards are like quarterbacks, and they often take time to develop.
    Marshall appears to be getting better after bouncing around.
    But he did have a very good point guard coach in D'Antoni and now has Kidd, so that is a big factor in his development.
    In his other situations, he may not have gotten any opportunity.
    Consider yourself as a Bucks fan fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Point guards are like quarterbacks, and they often take time to develop.
    Marshall appears to be getting better after bouncing around.
    But he did have a very good point guard coach in D'Antoni and now has Kidd, so that is a big factor in his development.
    In his other situations, he may not have gotten any opportunity.
    Consider yourself as a Bucks fan fortunate.
    Eh I think if the Lakers kept him he'd get his chances, I see no way Price and Lin with how terrible he's been at times, rob him of all playing time. At some point or another I think he would've broke through to the starting lineup.

Yeah he's definitely been a steal for us though. Just gotta get rid of Knight and hand over the PG keys to Marshall entirely and we should be solid at that position going forward. And with Henson stepping up in Larry's absence we just need a backup PF or off the ball offensive SG.

Eh I think if the Lakers kept him he'd get his chances, I see no way Price and Lin with how terrible he's been at times, rob him of all playing time. At some point or another I think he would've broke through to the starting lineup.

Yeah he's definitely been a steal for us though. Just gotta get rid of Knight and hand over the PG keys to Marshall entirely and we should be solid at that position going forward. And with Henson stepping up in Larry's absence we just need a backup PF or off the ball offensive SG.
    Hardaway jr and Larkin for knight

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Nah we're good. If you saw him play each game, he didn't really make a big difference last year as his stats would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Hardaway jr and Larkin for knight
    Yes without hesitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Nah we're good. If you saw him play each game, he didn't really make a big difference last year as his stats would suggest.
    I've seen most of his games this year and he's been good for us. I guess part of it might be coaching?

probably cause his defense is terrible and is jumper is whack.

if he got on whatever supps LeBron is and worked on quickening his release he'd be a starter.

Cheers Milbuck. I just went to the Bucks@Clips game a couple of weeks back. These kids are going to be trouble for their first round opponent for sure. Will Parker be back if they do indeed make the playoffs/second round?

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    probably cause his defense is terrible and is jumper is whack.

if he got on whatever supps LeBron is and worked on quickening his release he'd be a starter.
    His defense hasn't been terrible and his jumper has been decent. Shooting 39% from 3, albeit low volume. And even if neither of that was true, his passing/playmaking impacts our offense positively way more than those flaws do negatively. Like I said earlier, maybe he busted his ass in the offseason and coaching has something to do with his defensive non-shittiness. But for a 23 year old PG he looks really promising, and like a potential long-term piece here.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Cheers Milbuck. I just went to the Bucks@Clips game a couple of weeks back. These kids are going to be trouble for their first round opponent for sure. Will Parker be back if they do indeed make the playoffs/second round?
    It's all about Sanders imo as far as the playoffs are concerned. If we get Larry at his defensive best we could give any of the top 5 teams trouble, although we'd lose. Cleveland especially, if Henson/Sanders/Zaza are all healthy we could really give them trouble. Jabari's out for the season I'm pretty sure, ACL surgery coming up and the typical ~8+ month timetable. He and Giannis are gonna be a problem next year and beyond though, especially with no dominant team in the conference like in the West.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Everyone said that Marshall's numbers last year were a product of Dantoni. Still think you are heavily underrating Knight.