Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Scottie Pippen Hopes to Be Traded to Suns (1995)

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    i think my point was obvious.

pippen was more complete than jordan. better playmaker, defender, rebounder, and had more winning intangibles (11 wins without jordan in the playoffs- jordan 1-9 without pippen).

here are some awesome videos highlighting pippen's versatility:
    Scottie Pippen: Complete Player
    Scottie Pippen: Complete Player 2
    Jordan is the most complete player in NBA history. Dominant offensive player, dominant defender, dominant winner/intangiable performer. He's basically the intersection of Wilt (individual dominance) and Russell (team winner, competitive dominance).

Stop arguin with these fakkits. They might possibly be one of the biggest MJ nut-huggers in here, undercover that is. This fakkit is giving me some blitz vibe

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Jordan is the most complete player in NBA history. Dominant offensive player, dominant defender, dominant winner/intangiable performer. He's basically the intersection of Wilt (individual dominance) and Russell (team winner, competitive dominance).
    jordan was NOT as complete as pippen, who was better in 3/4 major categories (defense, rebounding, playmaking) not including intangibles (pippen gets the nod here, as well). the only thing jordan did better than pippen was score.

jordan is probably the GOAT scorer (wilt in the regular-season- jordan in the playoffs).

NBA rookie of the year

jordan was NOT as complete as pippen, who was better in 3/4 major categories (defense, rebounding, playmaking) not including intangibles (pippen gets the nod here, as well). the only thing jordan did better than pippen was score.

jordan is probably the GOAT scorer (wilt in the regular-season- jordan in the playoffs).
    Jordan is the GOAT period. Even on this board everytime there's a realistic discussion about top 10s there's not even much debate about it. Get over it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Jordan is the GOAT period. Even on this board everytime there's a realistic discussion about top 10s there's not even much debate about it. Get over it.

jordan is not the GOAT "period". he definitely has a case, but you cannot factually prove him as GOAT.

- wilt has more scoring records
    - russell has more championships
    - kareem has GOAT longevity

difference with what i am saying, is i can factually back up my statements (statistically, pippen was a better playmaker, rebounder and defender per advanced metrics). you cannot, and that upsets you- hence the red-herring and strawman attacks.

Very good NBA starter

jordan is not the GOAT period. he has a case for GOAT, but you cannot factually prove him as GOAT.

difference with what i am saying, is i can factually back up my statements (statistically, pippen was a better playmaker, rebounder and defender per advanced metrics).
    Not in the playoffs and you still didn't tell me how Pippen was better in 91. I'm still waiting on this hilarious logic.

NBA rookie of the year

jordan is not the GOAT "period". he definitely has a case, but you cannot factually prove him as GOAT.

difference with what i am saying, is i can factually back up my statements (statistically, pippen was a better playmaker, rebounder and defender per advanced metrics). you cannot, and that upsets you- hence the red-herring and strawman attacks.

These Lecramp stans are the worst stans of all time, even more so than them kobe stans. These guys are just so desperate its extremely pathetic.

Let's stop arguing with these morons already. Let's not disrespect Pip by arguing against these trolls.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    These Lecramp stans are the worst stans of all time, even more so than them kobe stans. These guys are just so desperate its extremely pathetic.

Let's stop arguing with these morons already. Let's not disrespect Pip by arguing against these trolls.
    at this jocker throwing a temper tantrum. guess thats what happens when reality crashes down on your head.

NBA rookie of the year

at this jocker throwing a temper tantrum. guess thats what happens when reality crashes down on your head.
    Yeah what an awful reality it is to be a Jordan fan, what a terrible career

Temper tantrum?

I pity you fools forever wishing your boy is the GOAT which he will never be. Just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Pippen wasn't an anomaly or super special you know.

You could transplant him with Ariza and he may have similar results.
    This is why you will always be the #1 MJ stan.

NBA Superstar

Was reading the "Bag it, Michael" issue of Sports Illustrated this morning. There was an Inside the NBA portion on the Bulls struggling of late, having lost 8 of 11 after a 34-13 start during the 1993-94 season (sans Michael).

In hopes of turning around their fortunes, Phil Jackson experimented with starting Pippen at shooting guard and Toni Kukoc at small forward. Kukoc went 0-9 and they lost by eight to the Cavs. Jackson said the experiment "failed miserably." Then this:

Part of the Chicago Stadium crowd apparently agreed, because they booed the Bulls on occassion. The reaction didn't seem particularly directed at Pippen, but he took it personally. "I have been here seven years, and I have never seen a white guy get booed in the Stadium," he said after the game, apparently forgetting the harsh treatment white teammate Will Perdue has received from time to time. "It seems to be that when things go bad, and the ball is in your hands and you don't score, then the fans take over. But Toni was 0 for whatever tonight, and I never heard one fan get on him." After cooling off for a day, Pippen didn't exactly back away from his comments. "I pretty much apologize for it, to some extent," he said.
    The NBA's likely made some solid strides in player-media public relations over the past 20 years, no? I mean, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Was reading the "Bag it, Michael" issue of Sports Illustrated this morning. There was an Inside the NBA portion on the Bulls struggling of late, having lost 8 of 11 after a 34-13 start during the 1993-94 season (sans Michael).

In hopes of turning around their fortunes, Phil Jackson experimented with starting Pippen at shooting guard and Toni Kukoc at small forward. Kukoc went 0-9 and they lost by eight to the Cavs. Jackson said the experiment "failed miserably." Then this:

The NBA's likely made some solid strides in player-media public relations over the past 20 years, no? I mean, yikes.
    Wow. Just wow.
    And then refusing to take the court in a pivotal playoff game because a play wasn't run for him. Like Jackson said to Jon my Bach "f him".

That is just ridiculous.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

having a great series doesn't make you a "leader". why do jordan fans (and only jordan fans) fail to grasp this concept? you've seen the articles and newspaper clippings RR pulled up. pippen was quite clearly "the guy" in chicago. the conductor of the offense/defense. the head of the snake.

This line has me convinced that you're either Jeff just jerking our chains for the lulz, or you're just trying to generate ISH traffic because you're just that bored.

Let's see how the 90's Bulls "Go to Guy" fared in each NBA Finals series when compared to "role player" MJ:

[COLOR="Red"]Pip 1991:
    20.8 ppg 45% fg/9.4 rebounds/6.6 assists /2.4 steals/1.0 blocks/20% 3p[/COLOR]
    MJ 1991:
    31.2 ppg 56% fg/6.6 rebounds/11.4 assists/2.8 steals/1.4 blocks/50% 3p

[COLOR="Red"]Pip 1992:
    20.8 ppg 48% fg/8.3 rebounds/7.7 assists/1.5 steals /0.7 blocks/22% 3p[/COLOR]
    MJ 1992:
    35.8 ppg 53% fg/4.8 rebounds /6.5 assists /1.7 steals/0.3 blocks/43% 3p

[COLOR="Red"]Pip 1993:
    21.2 ppg 44% fg/9.2 rebounds/7.7 assists/ 2.0 steals/1.0 blocks/0% 3p[/COLOR]
    MJ 1993:
    41.0 ppg 51% fg/8.5 rebounds/6.3 assists/1.7 steals/0.7 blocks/40% 3p

[COLOR="Red"]Pip 1996:
    15.7 ppg 34% fg/8.2 rebounds/5.3 assists/2.3 steals/1.3 blocks/24% 3p[/COLOR]
    MJ 1996:
    27.3 ppg 42% fg/5.3 rebounds/4.2 assists/1.7 steals/0.2 blocks/32% 3p

[COLOR="Red"]Pip 1997:
    20.0 ppg 42% fg/8.3 rebounds/3.5 assists/1.7 steals/1.8 blocks/38% 3p[/COLOR]
    MJ 1997:
    32.3 ppg 46% fg/7.0 rebounds/6.0 assists/1.2 steals/0.8 blocks/32% 3p

[COLOR="Red"]Pip 1998:
    15.7 ppg 41% fg/6.8 rebounds/4.8 assists/1.7 steals/0.8 blocks/23% 3p[/COLOR]
    MJ 1998:
    33.5 ppg 43% fg/4.0 rebounds/2.3 assists/ 1.8 steals/0.7 blocks/31% 3p

http://www.basketball-reference.com/

It's one thing to be a trash poster and, at the very least, be entertaining. It's a whole nother ball of wax to be trash and not know what the f@ck you're talking about.