Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Search

Krust Kingz

Unhappy Coaching Search

I am disappointed that there hasnt been more than just 1 person interviewed for this position. I would have imagined at least 3 candidates with multiple interviews to show due diligence would have been the way to go.

It seems like it was Kerr from jumpstreet. I'm not too thrilled about that.

If Kerr is trying to play LA against NY and vise versa let that guy kick rocks.
    Last edited by Rameek; 05-02-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Default Re: Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I am disappointed that there hasnt been more than just 1 person interviewed for this position. I would have imagined at least 3 candidates with multiple interviews to show due diligence would have been the way to go.

It seems like it was Kerr from jumpstreet. I'm not too thrilled about that.

If Kerr is trying to play LA against NY and vise versa let that guy kick rocks.
    If he is going to bring the triangle he is the right pick. He is the right fit, the best coach out there is billy Donovan

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

It's been Kerr since the hiring of Phil and to be honest I have no issues with it.

Phil seems to be going the route of instilling his vision of a team into fresh younger blood that is well known and versed in that vision.

Phil had pretty much made it known they'll be no retreads, and since Kerr was gonna join Phil in Seattle if the Kings had moved, then this was oretty much a done deal.

Krust Kingz

I think this organization has been run similarly for decades already its not a good move to put all your eggs in that one basket. Thoroughness is the way to go.

Maybe I'm buying into all this Kerr playing leverage to get in Cali or more money but I dont want players or coaches in this organization that has that mentality.

Krust Kingz

I wonder if Mark will get a call? Or anyone else for that matter? It just doesnt make sense no to have more than 1 candidate.

Jackson is a call just for pr. Even though I like him. Just not for this team.

Did kerr say he wouldn't implement the triangle?

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Did kerr say he wouldn't implement the triangle?
    All indictors point to him using the triangle.

If Kerr goes to gs or lal Rasheed Wallace has to be a candidate.

Krust Kingz

The Knicks should have interviewed other candidates. This guy Kerr is courting other teams to drive up the price? The Knicks put all their eggs in 1 basket and its hurting us. The line in the sand needs to be drawn. The only detail leaked that I agreed with is keeping Dolan out of Kerr's business.

Krust Kingz

Kerr signs with the Warriors

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I know it's blasphemy to criticize the great Phil Jackson, and I know nobody but him and Dolan probably know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but am I the only one who thinks this "coaching search" has been incredibly lazy? Once again, none of us have any clue on what goes on behind the scenes. That being said, according to most accounts, it doesn't appear as if Phil has done his due diligence at all. Seems like he's basically just trying to bring in guys he's coached. I've long complained about us choosing familiar people for the job over the BEST people for the job. We'll just have to see. Just curious to see you guys' opinion.

Btw, Kerr stated that part of the reason he didn't chose us had to do with him not wanting to be known as a "triangle" coach. In other words, he doesn't want to be a ventriloquist dummy for Phil. I TOTALLY agree with him. I want whoever we hire to be a good coach by themselves. I don't need an extension of Phil. If he wants that then he needs to coach himself.
    Last edited by franchize; 05-16-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Krust Kingz

I dont mind a guy being an extension of Phil but its about being thorough. Finding the best candidate is most important though. It annoyed me from jumpstreet.

Personally Phil should have never gotten 12 mill a year unless he was going to coach and be an executive.

I still want a triangle because of the fit for the players

So I guess I'm now in Kurt rambis corner.

Maybe the triangle idea isn't going to work. Billy Donavan is prob the way to go.

The Post has learned Jackson