Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default 2018 Season Observations

Thus far it seems like Tobias has really stepped up. He's turning into a star player. Not superstar, but borderline all-star. Stanley Johnson has been great on defense. Outside of that he looks terrible. Borderline bust. Henry Ellenson needs more PT. He's been very good so far. SVG needs to just bench someone else. Bradley has been better than I expected too. Although it's a contract year for him so I guess everyone plays a bit better somehow when that happens. Reggie is disappointing so far. I'd consider moving him and another player to Phoenix for Bledsoe. I'd like to see Kennard get some more minutes. He shows some promise but we haven't seen much yet. Drummond is stepping it up again. His offense still seems limited but his free throw shooting is obviously far better. I'd still like to see him get closer to 17-18 ppg. Joel Embiid killed him. It's clear who the best young C in the East is until Drummond can expand his offensive game.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Season Observations

Yep agree on most of what you said. Tobias looks insanely smooth on offense this year, really impressed and hoping he can continue to be a focal point for us. No reason why he can't average 25 ppg for us.

I disagree with the borderline bust for Stanley, kid is still 21 and already I would label him as one of the best wing defenders in the league. He is really a disruptor on D especially alongside Bradley, that is a good combination for us.

I would 100% be trying to flip Reggie into Bledsoe, as Bledsoe is a savvy defender aswell and Bled / Brad / Stan would cause issues for opposing teams.

Ellenson needs more minutes agreed. Tolliver has looked great with the time he has played especially against the Knicks. Ish has looked good and I really like what Galloway provides.

Embiid really is something special, kid still hasn't played 50 NBA games and just kills opposing bigs, he is so smooth and strong,

NBA lottery pick

I'm moving the Bledsoe stuff over here. I guess those reports that Phoenix wants way too much are true! We didn't just offer Reggie. It was Jackson + a 1st round pick.

[QUOTE]The Detroit Pistons offered a package including point guard Reggie Jackson and a first-round pick to the Phoenix Suns for guard Eric Bledsoe, a league source told Basketball Insiders. Phoenix turned down the proposal, Basketball Insiders has learned. Detroit

1) Given our stellar start, I was so wrong with this team and apologize to SVG for losing faith in him.

2) Tobias Harris! Has he come our leader? I think its between him and Avery.

3) Drummond! Free Throws up. ASSISTS UP! My main complaint about Drummond is his IQ. But, he is taking his time more as a setup man. The play that sold me was when he got had the ball kicked out to him at the elbow. He had a wide open shot and in the past, probably would have taken that weak jumper. Instead, he took the extra second, saw Tobias cutting and made the perfect pass for a jam.

I'd also like to extend an extra apology to Anthony Tolliver.

What is he doing this year??? He's had so many highlight plays and looks really active. My bad man. I thought you were trash. But, you are much more than that.

I think Dre is our leader, in all honesty. I think Avery has set the level of what it takes to be competitive - how to be professional etc. He is providing great veteran leadership but I think it all circles back to Dre and his growth both with his game and mentally.

Harris doesn't strike me as a leader he strikes me as someone who just loves doing their thing. He is an elite role player who is almost the best three point shooter in the league this year - which has allowed our offense so much space it's great.

Tolliver is a SVG wet dream, very competent from 3, and hustles and defends like his life is on the line. Ellenson really needs to step things up to take game time off him.

Galloway has quietly been pretty good for us as well - he is shooting great percentages and playing hard on D. Very good compliment for our 2nd unit.

NBA lottery pick

Aussie, wasn't it you that liked Oladipo so much coming out of college going into that draft? I know I wasn't as high on him. He's killing it in Indiana. He definitely made the difference against us tonight. That Paul George trade isn't looking so bad because he's been putting up George numbers so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I think Dre is our leader, in all honesty. I think Avery has set the level of what it takes to be competitive - how to be professional etc. He is providing great veteran leadership but I think it all circles back to Dre and his growth both with his game and mentally.

Harris doesn't strike me as a leader he strikes me as someone who just loves doing their thing. He is an elite role player who is almost the best three point shooter in the league this year - which has allowed our offense so much space it's great.

Tolliver is a SVG wet dream, very competent from 3, and hustles and defends like his life is on the line. Ellenson really needs to step things up to take game time off him.

Galloway has quietly been pretty good for us as well - he is shooting great percentages and playing hard on D. Very good compliment for our 2nd unit.
    The reason I wouldn't select Dre as our leader is because I keep seeing him be the person that puts the least effort on defense at any given time. He still looks lost at points out there.

And that could lead to our biggest problem...there is no clear cut leader. But hey...I'd say that was a benefit to the mid-2000s team. Leaders at specific points in the game.

NBA lottery pick

Chauncey was the main leader. I don't see Reggie ever taking over that role. Big Ben and Sheed definitely have more leadership than what I've seen out of anybody on this roster. When Dre has been engaged on defense this season he's been spectacular. Then there's games he just kind of takes off. You're right though, someone needs to step up. Maybe part of it is most of these guys are still so young.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Aussie, wasn't it you that liked Oladipo so much coming out of college going into that draft? .
    Yep - absolutely was. Super athlete who competes like a hound dog. Was only a matter of time before he started to refine his skillset which is what we are seeing now. He was always going to develop more towards his mid 20's than early 20's - he had a great foundation to build from. We never had a chance at drafting him though.

Billups was our vocal leader and Big Ben was our "lead by example" guy.

I think this team has some high character players on it, all holding each other accountable which is great.

Dre is an MVP candidate, based on his play thus far and our team record, and Reggie has never looked more comfortable in my opinion.

Bradley and Harris have both taken steps forward, and I have been super impressed with our bench with Tolliver, Kennard, Galloway, and especially Ish Smith

Moreland has come out of no where and contributes when he gets the chance.

Ellenson needs to work harder if he wants game time - good motivation for the kid

NBA lottery pick

Looks like we may have really missed on Mitchell this past draft. He was projected as a SG which is why I wasn't big on him. He's obviously best at PG though. Without Rubio on the floor he has been dominating. Outside of Ben Simmons he's probably the best rookie this season, and to be fair Simmons isn't truly a rookie. This is looking to be a very good rookie class though.

NBA lottery pick

So much for that hot start. 6 straight losses and we are back to mediocrity.

NBA lottery pick

I think we can officially call Stanley Johnson a bust at this point. He's lost his starting job to Reggie Bullock. He was given a chance this season finally and he blew it.

NBA lottery pick

It only took half of our team being injured but Kennard finally got some real minutes last night and looked good. Hopefully we can see more of him and see what we have there. SF seems to be the one position that we are really lacking at still. It's been that way for years. PG definitely could use an upgrade too. We've to either draft a SF or take a chance at one in free agency. Obviously if we draft one SVG doesn't play rookies or even sophomores at all. It would be 4 years before the poor person that was drafted would even get to play. So that pretty much just leaves us free agency. I think they should take a look at Beasley. Every time he is given an opportunity he puts up nearly 30 a game.... He can just light it up. Yet every team he ends up on just lets him be on fire for a stretch and then sends him back to the bench. He could be had for cheap and he's a guy that can actually put the ball in the bucket on a consistent basis. The Pistons could really use someone like that. If Harris could stay consistent then that would be huge. When he puts in over 20 points that team has been great. The nights he gets shut down they look terrible usually. Another guy who could score would solve that problem.