Default What blogs do you read?

I was in the process of starting my own blog, but I wanted to see what blogs others read.

I realize that a lot of blogs cover specific niche, but I don't know if I want to do the same thing. I mean I am a computer scientist/IT guy, but I don't want my entire blog to cover computer/technology related things only.. That would get old fast so I want to see the methods that other bloggers use to try to cover a variety of topics.

Just post some blogs that you read on a normal basis or blogs you heard of, etc.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: What blogs do you read?

I don't read any regularly.

AV Club and The Sartorialist, mostly. Grantland and Roden Gray, sometimes. Rarely Deadspin and TechCrunch. Almost never, but I have bookmarked: Body Language Success and Difference Between.

Sometimes I visit Jay Is Games (if I'm bored), FreePreview (if I'm lazy), and Who is that hot ad girl (if I'm horny). All useful for their functions, not really typical blogs tho.

But I can go days without visiting any of those sites. Some of them I haven't been on in over a month.

Banned

Not sure if they count as blogs but themodernworld is pretty decent for literature and warr.org is pretty interesting for music.

Banned

I'm a constant reader of Io9 and Grantland

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Grantland's blend of sports and pop culture, it's stripped down approach to anylatics, and it's overall art design are right in my wheelhouse to the point where I read things that don't even interest me on there.

I wish I knew of more. My spare Internet reading time at work is pretty much split between there, here, a bit of gameinformer, and random links from those three spots.

Big Ghost Chronicles lol