Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Cristiano Ronaldo = GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    sorry man, not even the best of his generation. the fact that he is having a way better season than messi doesn't change the following facts:

ronaldo:

4 domestic titles

3 domestic cups

1 UCL

2 ballon dor's

messi:

6 domestic titles

2 domestic cups

3 UCL

3 ballon dor's
    There is not a big difference there. After this season, it would be a possible one more CL and one more Ballon. If Messi is getting all the praises with his Ballon. So should CR when he gets his 3rd and very right so.

He is setting records this year. CL goals in a season and they both share 67 total goals in CL.

Messi's goals are overrated. I believe his last 8 goals on 2 have been in play and the other 6 are PK's. Messi gets hyped from this but CR gets punished for PK's?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Messi is like a system player. He plays well under a system. It also doesn't help that he sucks badly now. Goal keepers run more than him. Can't be GOAT when you are not even top 5 best player in the world right now.

CR is the player that you put on any team and they become instant contenders. CR plays in many different systems and excel at it.

Again, I am not saying CR is the greatest of all time but he is close because the guys I have watched are Maradona and Zidane. Those guys will always be the greatest but I have also watched CR and Messi they are pretty much even.

I would only have CR in the conversation as the greatest of all time because if Messi is in it, then so should CR because CR is the better player in my opinion. Messi is the product of the system and it doesn't hurt that his running mates are considered the best at their positions too, Iniesta, Xavi and Alves.
    This.

Ronaldo can win any game by himself. You can put him on Stoke and let them play Real Madrid and Stoke would have a chance to win thanks to him.

Messi has never in his life won a game in which Barcelona was the worse team on the field. If his teammates don't perform at their standart exceptional level, he quits. If they do perform, he takes all the glory for himself by ballhogging.

messi is also 2 and a half years younger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    There is not a big difference there.

2more of each for the 3 most important categories. it's like saying between kobe and jordan is not a big difference. also messi is younger

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    messi is also 2 and a half years younger
    and he is already in steep decline

declining yet led all leagues in scoring for 2014 and showed who is the boss in the la liga el clasico

Why would team accomplishments matter in an 11 VS 11 GAME?

Jeesus.

BTW, even though Messi is playing on the most stacked team ever.

League Titles:
    Messi - 4 (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013)
    Ronaldo - 4 (2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)

Cups:
    Messi - 2 (2010, 2012)
    Ronaldo - 2 (2011, 2014)

Champions League Titles:
    Messi - 2 (2009, 2011)
    Ronaldo - 2 (2008, 2014)

Yes, 2014

NO, I didnt count Messi's titles as 20 year old role playing bench player...

And how can we even count UEFAlona's trophies?

2009: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=331955

Lets take it seriously though

I'll pop more Videos soon

And Ronaldo has been 3x the big game player.

barca wouldnt have gotten past chelsea in 2006 if it wasnt for messi's performance in the 1st leg and the win at stamford

but you are too young to remember

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    barca wouldnt have gotten past chelsea in 2006 if it wasnt for messi's performance in the 1st leg and the win at stamford

but you are too young to remember
    Why the fcuk would we give him full credit for a title in which he didnt play the last FIVE GAMES OF THE TOURNAMENT? Stop fooling yourself...

He missed the entire Final, Semifinal, and Quarterfinal... but yeah, such a key to the win

In fact, he played one full game of those 7 KO matches leading to the title.

The 1st leg against Chelsea, in which he stayed scoreless in. 2nd leg he was out after 25 minutes to Injury.

But yeah, lets just add that, "Messu & 3 CL Titles" sounds good, but wait, the guy offered 0 contributions to the title. Get real.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 04-30-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Serious playground baller

Lad

It will be interesting to see Ronaldo agaisnt this Chelsea defence in the final.

Messi couldnt do anything against them. It's very interesting to see if it really is easier to shutdown Messi than Ronaldo. We havent seen Ronaldo against a really good defence since. Well, since he left England.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Why the fcuk would we give him full credit for a title in which he didnt play the last FIVE GAMES OF THE TOURNAMENT? Stop fooling yourself...

He missed the entire Final, Semifinal, and Quarterfinal... but yeah, such a key to the win

In fact, he played one full game of those 7 KO matches leading to the title.

The 1st leg against Chelsea, in which he stayed scoreless in. 2nd leg he was out after 25 minutes to Injury.

But yeah, lets just add that, "Messu & 3 CL Titles" sounds good, but wait, the guy offered 0 contributions to the title. Get real.
    thats because chelsea injured him couple of times during the matchup.. del horno got a red card and i've never seen robben play defense as he did in that matchup... that was the match that made people realize messi will be the next all-time great
    so yeah barca wouldnt have won the 2006 title if it wasnt for messi

and the only CR's CL title so far is the one in 2008 where he choked big time.. missed a penalty in the 1/2 final and missed a penalty in the final.. later cried because of how lucky he was.. then of course messi dominated him the next year and he decided to jump ship to a team that has no problem of throwing ridiculous amount of money

since he joined real? lots of goals.. sure.. some nice one too.. how many CLs? zero.. how many la ligas? only one. how many balon d'ors? only one

3 scenarios for the final?
    CR chokes as always and chelsea/atletico win
    CR chokes but is lucky like in 2008 and his team wins probably because of a great performance of dimaria/bale ( as in the Cup final this year and in the many games this year they won without CR )
    CR finally plays an epic big match and they win

3rd scenario is the least likely

Lad

He didnt choke in that 08' final. It's never easy to take penalties in the rain and Cech is very good at penalties as we saw in 2012.

But he scored a goal. How many times has Messi done that against Chelsea?