Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: How will Kobe be robbed of the MVP this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Ah yes, the poor victims of the NBA's machinations: the Los Angeles Lakers.
    CUTE.

I wish Hitler was gassing laker fans.
    NOT.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Ah yes, the poor victims of the NBA's machinations: the Los Angeles Lakers.

God I wish Hitler was gassing laker fans.
    1st line: Hilarious.

2nd line: Poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    No, he simply won't win it because he's not the best player in the world anymore.
    Yes he is I don't know what you've been watching the past 2 years

National High School Star

Dude doesn't deserve one.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Yes he is I don't know what you've been watching the past 2 years

What have you been watching the past 2 years? KObe isn't better than Lberon, Wade or Cp3

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    What have you been watching the past 2 years? KObe isn't better than Lberon, Wade or Cp3
    Funny he's better than Lebron, Wade And Cp3

Why is Cp3 even in this conversation Dwight > Cp3

Lol Dumbass

Kobe,Lebron and Wade are in a class of their own
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 11-02-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Funny he's better then Lebron, Wade And Cp3

Why is Cp3 even in this conversation Dwight > Cp3

Lol Dumbass
    Wade and Lebron are both better, with Lebron currently being better than both. Wade was better at the end of the regular season in my opinion, though Lebron's play in the playoffs and his games this season make me believe he's the best as of now.

Kobe was better all the way until about a little under midway last season, though Wade and Lebron are now better.

Don't be quick to call a person dumbass when you don't know the difference between "then" and "than".

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    You're pathetic.

Anyway, Kobe won't be 'robbed' of MVP this year. Unless the Lakers win 70, he really has no chance of winning the award. His team is stacked, and he's simply not as good as the other candidates anymore (LeBron, Wade, arguably Carmelo).

To be honest, he didn't really deserve the 2008 MVP based on the criteria of the award. Chris Paul should've won it, but based on what ensued in the Playoffs, it's not such a travesty that he did win in '08. (Yes, I know the MVP award is for REGULAR SEASON, but it's nice to see an MVP lead his team to the finals opposed to losing in the semi's)
    MVP is for the reg season and Chris Paul was robbed in 2008, his team had a strong record not far off the lakers and he was clealry having the best regualr season apart from a close Lebron, in my opinion, I dont think Kobe stood out as the best player in any year he has played, not being a hater, he's just been unlucky that another player has always had a better reg season than him, but that 2008 one reaked of charity...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wade and Lebron are both better, with Lebron currently being better than both. Wade was better at the end of the regular season in my opinion, though Lebron's play in the playoffs and his games this season make me believe he's the best as of now.

Kobe was better all the way until about a little under midway last season, though Wade and Lebron are now better.

Don't be quick to call a person dumbass when you don't know the difference between "then" and "than".

His play in the playoffs you mean that series when the Cavs won 1 game agienst the Magic I don't know how you can use playoff play in your argument when Kobe was the final's mvp. Wade last season put up spectacular statistics but it still didn't translate to his team coming out with wins.

Your last sentence makes no sense because I made no statement that indicates I don't know the difference between then and than me bolding the word And was to indicate that he's better than all three of them.

Nothing last season indicated to me that Lebron or Wade surpassed Kobe

O edit I just realized I had a typo in the first one where I put "Then". Fixed I hope that helps you sleep better at night Plow
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 11-02-2009 at 07:24 AM.

His play in the playoffs you mean that series when the Cavs won 1 game agienst the Magic I don't know how you can use playoff play in your argument when Kobe was the final's mvp. Wade last season put up spectacular statistics but it still didn't translate to his team coming out with wins.

Your last sentence makes no sense because I made no statement that indicates I don't know the difference between then and than me bolding the word And was to indicate that he's better than all three of them.

Nothing last season indicated to me that Lebron or Wade surpassed Kobe
    You're right, its not like Kobe had clearly the best team in the league by a wide margin...

Once again your last sentence proves you don't know the difference between then and than.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    MVP is for the reg season and Chris Paul was robbed in 2008, his team had a strong record not far off the lakers and he was clealry having the best regualr season apart from a close Lebron, in my opinion, I dont think Kobe stood out as the best player in any year he has played, not being a hater, he's just been unlucky that another player has always had a better reg season than him, but that 2008 one reaked of charity...
    How was the Miami/Chicago game for you today btw? Who won again?

Kobe was never robbed of an MVP award

NBA Finals

Kobe has arguably 4 other all-stars around him, so how could he be more valuable than say D-Wade or Melo (if they both are playing at a high level)?

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

How Kobe got the MVP over Paul

Hornets' Paul is the other main contender, and voting could come down to the Western Conference standings.
    By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    April 10, 2008
    The top spot in the Western Conference might not be the only thing decided in the final regular-season games.

Some voters might simply select Kobe Bryant or New Orleans guard Chris Paul as the league's most valuable player based on which team finishes better in the West, Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said.

"I think winning the West is probably going to be the most important thing as far as that goes. It's going to have a big influence," said Jackson, who has reiterated his support for Bryant numerous times over the last few weeks. But Jackson acknowledged that Paul was also playing at a high level: "I think that Chris has certainly vaulted into that position where he seriously has to be considered."

The Lakers are two games behind the first-place Hornets, with the regular season ending next Wednesday.

There were 129 writers and broadcasters who voted for the MVP award last season. On-the-fence voters get a chance to see the Lakers and Hornets play each other Friday at Staples Center.

Bryant's 28.7-point scoring average this season is second in the league to Cleveland forward LeBron James. Bryant is averaging 6.4 rebounds a game, the second-highest in his career, and 5.4 assists a game, tied for third-best in his career.

Paul is averaging 21.3 points and leads the league in assists (11.4 a game) and steals (2.7 a game) before Wednesday's game.

Bryant, in his 12th season, has never won the award. Paul, in his third season, has also not won it.

The Lakers usually let the fortunes of their players rest on their own achievements, but the team took the added step of sending out pro-Bryant material to NBA writers around the league.

The material was based on an old-style political election campaign and consisted of bumper stickers, campaign buttons, red suspenders and a letter from "campaign manager" Jerry Buss, who urged writers to vote for Bryant.

"From the owner on down, the organization feels that Kobe has had a season worthy of an MVP award," said Tim Harris, the Lakers' chief marketing officer and senior vice president of business operations. "Sending this out is not something we have historically done, but his performance and leadership warrants it."

MVP ballots are due when the regular season ends. The winner is usually announced during the second round of the playoffs, in mid-May.

Of 21 NBA writers polled informally by Mark Heisler, The Times' NBA columnist, 10 selected Bryant, eight selected Paul, two picked Boston forward Kevin Garnett and one chose James.

With an increased number of newspapers withdrawing from voting because of potential conflict-of-interest issues, only six of the 21 planned to vote this season.
    (Three chose Bryant and three chose Paul.) The Times will not vote for an MVP.
    Last edited by dr8ked; 11-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Local High School Star

I think he'll end up deserving MVP this year, but the voters will go with someone else because the Lakers will have a (relatively) disappointing season (like less than 60 wins). Again, I am not hating on the Kobe, he will still be the best player, but there will be other players close enough on better teams.