Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Nick Young had a pretty rough young life...

Damn I feel bad for picking on his "basketball IQ" now that I know he was special ed. Dude prevailed against some very tough odds and should be applauded. After reading this I'm now a big fan of his.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Damn I feel bad for picking on his "basketball IQ" now that I know he was special ed. Dude prevailed against some very tough odds and should be applauded. After reading this I'm now a big fan of his.
    I really doubt he was special ed as in mentally challenged. I bet he was in remedial classes because he probably went to shit schools as a kid, didn't grow up in a good environment, and had that bad shit scar him. He's probably a normal guy who got lost in the system... Unless someone actually knows what his problem was.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    He was a special ed student and now he's in the NBA?
    nobody said u have to be smart to make it in the NBA. U just have to be black and tall. There are some exceptions.

Get JJ Minutes

Good for him for being able to make it out alive. Some talented dudes aren't able to. Len Bias being a big name that comes to mind. Hopefully he can put his talents together and figure his stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I really doubt he was special ed as in mentally challenged. I bet he was in remedial classes because he probably went to shit schools as a kid, didn't grow up in a good environment, and had that bad shit scar him. He's probably a normal guy who got lost in the system... Unless someone actually knows what his problem was.
    Honestly it wouldn't surprised me if he were special ed. My mother taught children in that classification for 30+ years so I know a little about it. First off theres different levels of special education ranging from high functioning people who just have difficulty with a subject or 2 (i.e. a learning disability) to those with behaviorial issues and also people that are so low functioning that they can't function by themselves.

Young strikes me as someone whose either LD or that was classified as behaviorial.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    As far as I could tell they weren't, his brother got killed because someone needed to commit a murder to get in. I actually did see it, but it was a year or two ago so I forget all of the details.

It's a very inspirational story. Nick Young is a good basketball player. I hope he make the NBA All Star Game.

PS:

I really hated these murderers. I want to see a Public Execution live on TV. These criminals have no respect for human life.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-23-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Oh wow thats kind of like this kid I know except hes white 5"10 and plays division 3 ball but again hes white sooooooo..........

Banned

Changed my perspective of the guy. Dude's strong!

where can i see this online?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It's a very inspirational story. Nick Young is a good basketball player. I hope he make the NBA All Star Game.

PS:

I really hated these murderers. I want to see a Public Execution live on TV. These criminals have no respect for human life.
    A little hypocrisy here...

Quote Originally Posted by Batzman
    A little hypocrisy here...
    Batz is that you

So he joins the gang that killed his brother? Mmm. But hey guy had a rough past.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Tons of respect for the kid, he'll have a great career

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    So he joins the gang that killed his brother? Mmm. But hey guy had a rough past.
    Where did ya get that from?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Honestly it wouldn't surprised me if he were special ed. My mother taught children in that classification for 30+ years so I know a little about it. First off theres different levels of special education ranging from high functioning people who just have difficulty with a subject or 2 (i.e. a learning disability) to those with behaviorial issues and also people that are so low functioning that they can't function by themselves.

Young strikes me as someone whose either LD or that was classified as behaviorial.
    Good call. The "special ed" label can be at least a little misguided. There's a terribly large range of students that can be referred to in such a fashion. And like you said, and what Professor touched on, it's not always a matter of a student being completely helpless and "dumb" so to speak. I'd venture to say Professor is probably close to the truth in this case.