Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #16
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Jordan Rules Defense. Can someone show it to me?

That's why LeGod the LeGOAT and Ordan's known more as a shoe salesman
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #17
PP34Deuce
NBA rookie of the year

Jordan got beat up for sure. Not every play. The major Difference I see is when teams had a goon to set a hard foul theyd put you out.

Lebron and many players adjust to the rules that are given.

You're foolish If you dont think lebron, harden wouldn't be able to overpower players from the 80s.

You tell lebron there wont be fouls called and you'll see him play much more physical. Look at lebron pre 2011 and you'll see him literally overpower bigs and teams in the paint
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #18
SpaceJammeR
Local High School Star

Flopping doesnít mean your soft lol. Itís to take advantage of the soft nba rules. If u get the call you helped your team.
SpaceJammeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #19
hateraid
Is it in you?

All it was was help defense and the guy coming for help be extremely physical to intimidate. The media deemed it "The Jordan Rules" to further inflate his status.
Chuck Daly was HUGE on one on one no help. Only when they face superior one on one isolation attacking type players like Jordan, Barkley, and such they had bruisers like Laimbeer, Mahorn, and Rodman come over and make sure no basket was a made and earned their 2 from the line. Because Jordan had to face the Pistons multiple times this tactic was exploited. Had the sixers seen teh Pistons 3 times this very well coulod have been "The Barkley Rules"
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #20
riseagainst
Laker Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
All it was was help defense and the guy coming for help be extremely physical to intimidate. The media deemed it "The Jordan Rules" to further inflate his status.
Chuck Daly was HUGE on one on one no help. Only when they face superior one on one isolation attacking type players like Jordan, Barkley, and such they had bruisers like Laimbeer, Mahorn, and Rodman come over and make sure no basket was a made and earned their 2 from the line. Because Jordan had to face the Pistons multiple times this tactic was exploited. Had the sixers seen teh Pistons 3 times this very well coulod have been "The Barkley Rules"

riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #21
paksat
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeerghit
i will always take flops other father death

it's always something, nice cope

you don't even have to go watch the tier 1 level in the bad boy pistons, you can watch tier 2 with 92 knicks and bulls and see stuff lebron couldn't handle

but you won't watch it without bias, you can't be a lebron fan and see this stuff with open eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28y59DjqVvs
paksat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #22
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paksat

that's the kind of basketball that takes years off your career. players nowadays don't realize or appreciate how good they have it. the nba really hooked them up with the cream puff rule changes. they can play at a high level until they're 40.

also check out dpoy gp's & seattle's d in the finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgFWyLRNsGk&t=
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #23
Manny98
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer87
Nah I think you are totally wrong. Lebron is built for the gameplay in the 80s and 90s........

GOAT flop by LeOscar
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #24
aj1987
MH!

Best example is LeBron literally getting his nose broken and no foul called. If that was MJ in LeBron's place, the entire OKC team would've been suspended for 10 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToN9FpJD4CI
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #25
LostCause
National High School Star

Quote:

you don't even have to go watch the tier 1 level in the bad boy pistons, you can watch tier 2 with 92 knicks and bulls and see stuff lebron couldn't handle

but you won't watch it without bias, you can't be a lebron fan and see this stuff with open eyes

-
Loved those Knicks teams. Arguably a GOAT defense, shows how versatile Riley is as a coach to go from Showtime to a team capable of brutal, all-time great defense

Some will say that kinda play made the game unwatchable, but honestly I enjoyed it
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #26
Hey Yo
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

So what lock down schemes am I seeing here? All I saw was MJ back Starks down for a turnaround fade away jumper.

Nothing I saw there isnt anything James never got thrown at him. Safe to say that "the brutal defense" that LeBron allegedly couldn't handle in the 80's and 90's is just some made up bullshit.

We can now put that bullshit narrative to rest, unless someone can post examples of the "lockdown type defenses" that MJ faced and LeBron has yet to face.

Does MJ get FMVP votes in a losing cause w/o Pippen and Grant in 2015? Does MJ even win a game?
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #27
NBAGOAT
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause
-
Loved those Knicks teams. Arguably a GOAT defense, shows how versatile Riley is as a coach to go from Showtime to a team capable of brutal, all-time great defense

Some will say that kinda play made the game unwatchable, but honestly I enjoyed it

their 1 on 1 defense is beautiful(or ugly lol), perfect vs most 90's teams. Great rebounders which is forgotten when measuring defense. I feel like they're a little overrated however because they were foul prone as hell(you ask who's better between them and the early-mid 00's spurs and most will say knicks not even close).

The ft rates vs them in their big series seem pretty high especially considering it's playoff basketball.. It's the sense I got from watching their games vs the Bulls and Pacers, just guys at the foul line a lot.
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #28
LostCause
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
their 1 on 1 defense is beautiful(or ugly lol), perfect vs most 90's teams. Great rebounders which is forgotten when measuring defense. I feel like they're a little overrated however because they were foul prone as hell(you ask who's better between them and the early-mid 00's spurs and most will say knicks not even close).

The ft rates vs them in their big series seem pretty high especially considering it's playoff basketball.. It's the sense I got from watching their games vs the Bulls and Pacers, just guys at the foul line a lot.

Particularly the 93 Knicks. Their rDRTG was -8.3 (Drtg relative to league average). Only 8* teams in league history have -8.0 or better, so it says a lot just how dominant defensively they were

(For reference, the other 7 are the 94 Knicks, 04 Spurs, 08 Celtics, and the rest being Russells Celtics)

*The 04 Pistons also would've made the cut if they had Wallace for the full year
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #29
NBAGOAT
College superstar

Quote:
Particularly the 93 Knicks. Their rDRTG was -8.3 (Drtg relative to league average). Only 8* teams in league history have -8.0 or better, so it says a lot just how dominant defensively they were

(For reference, the other 7 are the 94 Knicks, 04 Spurs, 08 Celtics, and the rest being Russells Celtics)

*The 04 Pistons also would've made the cut if they had Wallace for the full year

Yea the 04 spurs are the type of team I would reference. They arenít as physical as ny or have the rep they have but theyíre more disciplined imo(top 10 in ft rate)
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #30
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

Quote:

crazy how much of an impact sheed had during his career.

that pistons team was a atg defense w/o him, but when he joined them it took things to a whole new level. playing that team 48 mins was like hell. putting 90 points on them was like putting 120 points on any other squad.

even when he was way past his prime, he and jkidd completely changed the knicks losing culture for that one season.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: