Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #16
HenryGarfunkle
Banned

Default Re: Lebron James and Biogensis Steroid Clinic in MIA- Shit's Getting Weirder and Weirder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite
Age 30
Oh yeah, because HGH can lengthen bones
HenryGarfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #17
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Default Re: Lebron James and Biogensis Steroid Clinic in MIA- Shit's Getting Weirder and Weirder

Lebron's Akron ghetto, millennial snowflake, single parent upbringing has his stans concerned. They are now worried about if he's administering performance enhancing drugs to his son because he "thinks" it's the right thing to do despite his son's young age.

Can we get this man "more help"?
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #18
LostCause
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
Just like the Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong scandals never came out.. oh wait

Are you really retarded enough to think Nike has enough control to hold back a potential LeBron steroid scandal?

You have to be a complete dumbass to believe anything really "came out" about Tiger. All that occured with that is the exact same shit that has come out about LeBron: Speculation and ties to known distributors. No facts about using were released for either athlete

If you don't understand how money works in the world then you shouldn't be questioning whether anyone else is retarded other than yourself. Differences between what occurred with Armstrong and LeBrons situation is that the folks who would "investigate" are the same folks who stand to benefit from a bad investigation NOT being brought to light. Self-investigations almost always follow a rule that they're not really looking to expose their own. That's why a separate unit was created to investigate police corruption, or why Wall Street's self-regulation/investigations has been shown to be unreliable

You expect the NBA, NBPA, Nike or any "body" directly associated with them to really come out with real information about this if it were true? C'mon fam

Of course, this is all IF LeBron is actually doing this. Which isn't a position I take personally

Quote:
And if he was secretly making these purchases, why would he use his real initials "LJ"

He tended to have his agent make the purchases as it was revealed. It's not really complicated to come up with multiple scenarios where he'd use his own initials to purchase legal things

Quote:
Holy christ, the IQ on this forum is dwindling

It was already pretty low when I got here but you're doing a great job proving your own point here
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #19
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Too late, you already posted.

ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #20
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
Nike has enough control to hold back a potential LeBron steroid scandal?

Control? No.

Influence? Yes.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #21
PickernRoller
Leash Expert

Everyone in the sports business from the league, to broadcasters (networks, paid analysts, sport writers etc), to sponsors, to the players, to rival sports (NFL, MLB etc) have a vested interest in NOT seeing a PED scandal taint the league.

The NBA has worked extremely hard with the Lebron project for years to clean up the image of the NBA. The image of being a league where a bunch of bad-mouthed tattooed black man put a ball on a hoop. With the Kobe rape drama - worse nightmare come to life - everything seemed to fall apart after Jordan and then the Lebron marketing hyperdrive got the boost. You ever notice how commentators when praising Lebron always make it a point, (make a concerted effort to make a point) the sort of positive image they think Lebron gives off (and they go to talk about his family (implying no cheating), charity work etc), as if it's something worthy of worship and universal recognition (being normal). To a critical thinker it tells a lot about the narrative job that comes from the quasi marketers/analysts. The sheep just eat it up.

Can you imagine the hit the NBA will take if the groomed "face of the league" turns out to be a PED user? It will destroy the league viewership, it will bring back the negative stigma's hard, it will affect sport broadcasters as well as the analysts and writers that live off it - not to mention the sponsors selling kids shoes cause x-idol wears them. In short, it will be a mini-catastrophe that will take years, a decade to mend. Even if a scandal were to just be centered on Lebron (and no one else), guilty by association will plague the league - there's no escaping that. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Thus why there is no significant scrutiny of PED usage in the NBA. Nor are there strong efforts made to have the sort of investigate journalism that's required to deal with something like this - and that type of journalism is money intensive and takes a lot of work in an era where it's better to just go along with the flow, and get the bills pay handsomely. If you're a young guy looking to get in the business, the first thing you'll quickly learn is that digging for negative shit on the very league you want to focus your work on is like shooting yourself in the foot cause the ladder will be cut short to you as you try to climb up. You quickly realize you have to weight providing for yourself and your career vs. some idealistic dream. So, unless the story falls in your lap reasonably easy and thus the prospect to gain outweigh what you'll lose, then you go with the flow. With years of these sort of issues and scandals popping up, the schemes sportman use become more complex aka harder to expose (unless you're a moron and there are some every now and then). Thus you have a relationship where the negatives in almost all instances (except in a narrowed down, specific scenario) outweigh the positives.

Every league out there looks at the MLB and understands the sort of impact a PED scandal league-wide can have - at least if it involves your major stars.

So, Lebron will be shielded like a golden effigy by "everyone" with a vested interest in not seeing this shit blow up. If a nobody in the league gets caught, then condemn, downplay and move on. As long as the player in question is not reckless in how his PED usage is administered and his direct involvement is shielded by layers of plausible deniability, he's good.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 03-17-2018 at 07:52 PM.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #22
I<3NBA
NBA sixth man of the year

Kobe was going to Germany for his PEDs. This was well-known.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #23
Old Man River
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
Lebron is obviously on the juice. I'm sure Curry is too. Most of these guys take some form of PED's. I know I would take something to enhance my physical abilities if I was in the league.

At the end of the day, ped's don't dribble the ball or make shots for you.
curry has talent and can shoot lebron just lumbers to the basket using his strength and speed
Old Man River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #24
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA

Kobe's situation was a little more complex than that, but I agree to an extent.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:28 AM   #25
bobopenguin
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause
Regardless if he's juicing or not, it'll never get out. The NBA/Nike are partners, and Nike has a billion dollar contract with LeBron, as well as a lucrative contract with the NBA to make their Jersey's. He is their common and likely most lucrative interest (Outside of Michael Jordan, who still has a monumental advantage). It would be in exactly NO ONES best interest to reveal this. Any surprise records would be destroyed?

I don't want to speculate too much on his jaw surgery. I'd heard about it, but tumors are serious business so if that's truly what it was then kudos to Bron for keeping cancer at bay. However the other factors surrounding it does point toward some type of drug usage. I remember when he grew like an inch or 2 taller over the summer and said it was just a growth spurt, for example

Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:31 AM   #26
bobopenguin
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause
You expect the NBA, NBPA, Nike or any "body" directly associated with them to really come out with real information about this if it were true? C'mon fam

and u forgot there are ppl who want to see them fail.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:16 AM   #27
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #28
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA

PRP injections are derived from the persons own blood on the spot and it isn't a "drug"... Kobe isn't the only one to do this and I'm actually quite surprised we don't hear about it more.

I'm sure many players are receiving this treatment from their own medical staffs already, it's not a banned science or anything, you don't have to go to Germany to get it, my wife got it Canada for a torn rotator cuff that wasn't healing. They can't just mass produce this stuff and distribute it, it's essential a natural, individual specific healing boost that has to be made as needed for each individual.

As far as LBJ on PEDs... well ya, either he is just a freak of nature or he's been taking something.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #29
Ca$H
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
PRP injections are derived from the persons own blood on the spot and it isn't a "drug"... Kobe isn't the only one to do this and I'm actually quite surprised we don't hear about it more.

I'm sure many players are receiving this treatment from their own medical staffs already, it's not a banned science or anything, you don't have to go to Germany to get it, my wife got it Canada for a torn rotator cuff that wasn't healing. They can't just mass produce this stuff and distribute it, it's essential a natural, individual specific healing boost that has to be made as needed for each individual.

As far as LBJ on PEDs... well ya, either he is just a freak of nature or he's been taking something.

Or a combination of both like Brock Lesnar.
Ca$H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #30
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that everyone on here watches the entire video.

Remember, everything is ALLEGED. I really hope this shit isnt true. And if itis true, I hope that the league isn't complicit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMI4Yzupluo

Biogenesis is the PED clinic that was linked to A-rod, Chris Bosh, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis and etc.

Once it got media attention, the entire laboratory and all the records were destroyed

Cliff notes:

Biogenesis employee relinquishes information about transactions; Guy by the name of "Paul" would purchase product from the clinic and drop off a check. The Sports Doctor would tell the receptionist that "LJ" has paid for the month. The receptionist starts to believe that Lebron James was indeed the person that was getting the product.

Video also goes into a LOT of shit that I didn't know about. I didn't know that Lebron got a jaw "tumor" surgically removed. Also didn't know that the hair loss was THAT BAD. The video also went into the reason why he might've "dieted" and "slimmed down" his first few months in Cleveland in 2015...before going back ditching the diet and taking another trip to Miami for his "bulk up".

Just an overall good video. A LOT of good points were brought up.

No trolling please.

so?

Who cares if he juices, Im sure hes nowhere near the only one.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: