Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Default Re: The NBA needs more white superstars

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    this and specially your avy!

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I always thought football was a mixture between white and black Americans playing.

I think White Americans can have that athleticism and skill set to play in the NBA, but they are probably out there but haven't gotten that exposure yet.

Even though the NBA is consider a black dominant league, it could change in the future. It is already trying to step it grounds to get more Euros into the league and others internationally. I think the league also need that one white superstar to get more white players into the league.

As FindingTim said, it might be a mental hump. But a white superstar may just bring some ratings and more people watching the NBA.
    David Stern and the owners have done a lot of suttle things to bring in white players. They legalized the Zone Defense,Had the refs start calling llittle baby fouls to soften up the game. Sent coaches and invested millions to introduce the game and teach Euros the game. Imean if blacks are so much better than whites in basketball would you think to send all that or at least some of them resources over to Africa? I would love to see another Bird or Chris Mullin not because they were white but because they could ball and were tough. Use to love to see Mullin do his thing against Gtown.

The jazz have a white rookie don't they? Haywood or something...
    He's extra white lol..

It's not about racism IMO.. Blacks are more athletic, play the game more entertaining aswell..

Here in Australia our national league is so shit. Full of white Aussies and it is boring, unathletic and piss poor quality. As soon as we get 1 USA reject he is a superstar here as long as he can dunk lol!!!

I usually hit open layups

pau
    steve blake
    dirk
    sasha
    david lee
    biedrins
    kristic
    troy murphy
    redick
    nash

<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Nash-tastic

National High School Star

This is supposedly why the UFC is taking off. It's a sport where white douchebags can once again actually fantasize about being good at without being destroyed by giant black guys.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Bird:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1818396

Even though this is an old article, I think he has a point. He was criticize for this comment, but when Bird came into the NBA he was label as the great "white" hope to save the NBA and everything. Some people even said that he was overrated because he was white back then.
    Yeah, we all remember when Larry Bird was white.

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

"Larry's not white. Larry's clear!"

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    I think it's less about white athleticism and more about the mental hump of living in the U.S. and thinking basketball is a black mans game.

wouldn't that help explain why white-Euro's seem to perform better than the random white dudes like Brian Cardinal? [COLOR="White"]<<--- Beaaaaassstt!!![/COLOR]
    Meh, I think thats being abit unrealistic. How many white Euro players are getting by on their athleticism?

In my opinion, it tends to be more about how the game is played in different regions. In Europe, its more of a team game that values ball movement and shooting. In American, its more about isolation & penetration. The latter style obviously leans more towards the athletic type of player (generally black players). A lot of good white players don't thrive in these systems, and as a result don't make it to the NBA... where-as Europeans get to really show-case their talents in team ball.
    Last edited by comerb; 11-22-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    In my opinion, it tends to be more about how the game is played in different regions. In Europe, its more of a team game that values ball movement and shooting. In American, its more about isolation & penetration. The latter style obviously leans more towards the athletic type of player (generally black players). A lot of good white players don't thrive in these systems, and as a result don't make it to the NBA... where-as Europeans get to really show-case their talents in team ball.
    You actually make a really good point. Just even the way the game is learned. I've noticed just from playing organised ball (with an actual coach) and in the park the major differences in styles tends to dictate the way you play a lot.

watch Euroleague, its better anyway. better atmospheres, intelligent and more team oriented play, smaller gap between teams, no obsession with stats, no Stern, no idiots yelling "DE-FENCE", no Steven A Smith, less matches during the season, seriously 82+playoffs is waaay too much... should i go on?

[COLOR="White"]relax im trolling. altho i stand behind most of these.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaK
    watch Euroleague, its better anyway. better atmospheres, intelligent and more team oriented play, smaller gap between teams, no obsession with stats, no Stern, no idiots yelling "DE-FENCE", no Steven A Smith, less matches during the season, seriously 82+playoffs is waaay too much... should i go on?

[COLOR="White"]relax im trolling. altho i stand behind most of these.[/COLOR]
    Nah it's enough, I would be bored to read it all.

Banned

doesn't. needs less.

"Well, I think so," said Bird, the Indiana Pacers' president of basketball operations. "You know, when I played, you had me and Kevin [McHale] and some others throughout the league. I think it's good for a fan base because, as we all know, the majority of the fans are white America. And if you just had a couple of white guys in there, you might get them a little excited. But it is a black man's game, and it will be forever. [COLOR="Red"]I mean, the greatest athletes in the world are African-American[/COLOR]."

mmm no. its true for certain sports but to call african americans the greatests athletes in the world its bullshit. i could start listing white athletes and superstars now but cant be ****ed, ill just say that for every lebron james theres a cristiano ronaldo, for every usain bolt (hes not even african-american) there is a michael phelps.. sorry larry, just coz you got an inferiority complex like most white american basketball players it doesnt mean we have to tolerate your retardness

countries like lithuania and serbia which have about 3 and 6 million people respectively produced an impressive number of quality players over the years, i mean when taken as a % of population its pretty crazy