Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    raep tiem

Default Re: Ray Allen should be hated by all Celtics fans and here's undeniable proof

C'mon dude, just let it go...

Default Re: Ray Allen should be hated by all Celtics fans and here's undeniable proof

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Wade wasn't healthy either.

The point I was trying to make was there isn't as much a disparity between the two teams as you're making it seem. I swear every time I see you post you can't even mention any team in the same breathe as the Heat. Yet they struggled at various points in the weaker conference with teams also struggling with injuries.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    He was. You could make a strong argument for him being the bets player during their won finals, but of course Pierce as the franchise face gets the nod. Not more deserving than Ray though, as equal a performance as you'll find. Good luck finding an off the ball scorer and clutch player as well as Ray Allen. A guy who plays within the offense and provides intangibles. A beacon of fitness save for the last months, and a true professional living for the game.

Sure, Paul Pierce averages slightly higher numbers across the board. But that's simply because he plays on the ball and closer to the basket.

KG provides some much needed defense and is still very skilled, but he's far from healthy and needs to have good back up around him. Offensively he's nowhere near what he once was, and especially during the championship run he was there for the defense mostly.

This just goes to show how under appreciated Ray Allen has been by Boston. That he's seen as clearly less important as those two. People are statsheet worshipers, they don't appreciate the refined but very real value Ray Allen brought to the table.
    Ray was one of my favorite players on the Celtics, but absolutely no way was he as important to the team as KG or Pierce. KG was the anchor on defense and pretty much changed the culture of the team, while Pierce defended the other teams best wings while being the primary scorer on the team himself. Ray Allen was a very good 3rd option on offense and a clutch shooter, but Pierce and KG did it on both ends while being 1a and 1b on offense.

I don't see how it's under appreciating him by saying he was the 3rd best/most important player on the team, when he clearly was. Sure he had a great Finals series, but he wasn't particularly impressive in the Playoffs as a whole.

Offensively he's nowhere near what he once was, and especially during the championship run he was there for the defense mostly.
    KG led the Celtics in scoring in the 2008 Playoff run....
    Last edited by Kevin_Garnett_5; 07-12-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

Some people must think Ray is Marcus Camby. Ray actually cares about winning. Miami gives him the best chance of that.
    Woah easy their Miami nut-hugger. A source close to Ray stated that Ray's motives for going to Miami were summed up in something to the extent of "rings, golf, and beaches"

Rings weren't the only thing on his mind

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

The point I was trying to make was there isn't as much a disparity between the two teams as you're making it seem. I swear every time I see you post you can't even mention the Heat in the same breathe as them. Yet they struggled at various points in the weaker conference with teams also struggling with injuries.

I like how you ignore the Heat injuries. If you don't like what I say than ignore me. Its not hard.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    He was. You could make a strong argument for him being the bets player during their won finals, but of course Pierce as the franchise face gets the nod. Not more deserving than Ray though, as equal a performance as you'll find. Good luck finding an off the ball scorer and clutch player as well as Ray Allen. A guy who plays within the offense and provides intangibles. A beacon of fitness save for the last months, and a true professional living for the game.

Sure, Paul Pierce averages slightly higher numbers across the board. But that's simply because he plays on the ball and closer to the basket.

KG provides some much needed defense and is still very skilled, but he's far from healthy and needs to have good back up around him. Offensively he's nowhere near what he once was, and especially during the championship run he was there for the defense mostly.

This just goes to show how under appreciated Ray Allen has been by Boston. That he's seen as clearly less important as those two. People are statsheet worshipers, they don't appreciate the refined but very real value Ray Allen brought to the table.
    Is Kevin Garnett really this damn underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    Ray was one of my favorite players on the Celtics, but absolutely no way was he as important to the team as KG or Pierce. KG was the anchor on defense and pretty much changed the culture of the team, while Pierce defended the other teams best wings while being the primary scorer on the team himself. Ray Allen was a very good 3rd option on offense and a clutch shooter, but Pierce and KG did it on both ends while being 1a and 1b on offense.

I don't see how it's under appreciating him by saying he was the 3rd best/most important player on the team, when he clearly was. Sure he had a great Finals series, but he wasn't particularly impressive in the Playoffs as a whole.
    +1
    Well put

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbarumorz
    Woah easy their Miami nut-hugger. A source close to Ray stated that Ray's motives for going to Miami were summed up in something to the extent of "rings, golf, and beaches"

Rings weren't the only thing on his mind
    ... And what's wrong with rings, golf and beaches? I know I'd stay in the cold, not win rings and play with lesser players for... wait, why would anyone do that?

I like how you ignore the Heat injuries. If you don't like what I say than ignore me. Its not hard.
    And you are ignoring the Celtics injuries. No Bradley the entire series and an extremely hobbled Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    ... And what's wrong with rings, golf and beaches? I know I'd stay in the cold, not win rings and play with lesser players for... wait, why would anyone do that?
    Dude BOS/MIA was one game away from knocking Miami out of the playoffs this year. Without Bradley and without a healthy Allen.

Stop calling the Celtics lesser players. It is a team game, not individual as much as Heat fans want to think.

And I'm not knocking Allen for gravitating to a nicer city, I'm knocking him for having that information about his decision leak out immediately after he announced he was going to MIA. It never needs to be stated that he went to MIA for golf. No one cares.

Wade wasn't healthy either.
    Wah wah wah my team isn't 100% healthy wah wah wah. Stop saying the Heat are on a whole different level than the Celtics. Celtics were one game away from knockingn their ass out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5

KG led the Celtics in scoring in the 2008 Playoff run....
    It is disrespectful. He was just as vital, he just played off the ball. It's a different role. Just like KG plays a different role as the defensive anchor, and Pierce plays a different role as the on the ball scorer. It's not less important at all though, it might translate a little less well to the stat sheet, but the Celtics never performed well without Ray playing well. And you can't really call him a third option when he almost always averaged more points than KG. Is there any season where KG scored more points for the Celtics than Allen?

And let's not forget: Allen was always the first guy the Celtics looked for in the clutch.

It's really shameful how quickly Celtics fans jump off the Allen wagon after half a season playing injured and leaving the team. No class at all in that fanbase. "Doesn't matter if you won a championship for us, you left so know we are going to wipe our ass with your legacy". Typical Celtics.

[FONT="Century Gothic"]And is everyone just ignoring one of the glaring quotes from his press conference:

"I'll always stay true to the city of Boston and their fans"

Could he be more off base there. I mean seriously.[/FONT]

Not ignoring, I clearly said even though they had injuries they struggled against teams who also had injuries. But considering the "super team" they constructed, they should be better regardless.

swish