Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why doesn't Bosh get any credit for being the defensive anchor for the Heatles?

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    hey man I answered your question

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Why doesn't Bosh get any credit for being the defensive anchor for the Heatles?

Bosh's skill set came around the dawn of actual post players in the Aldridge style.

Dude was great on switching but still had to deal with big strong centers and PF's

He'd have a field day with today's defense and offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I want to beat the shit out of OP

I would love to feel his scrawny neck in my hands.

Enough of this.

Vader, release him.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Bosh's skill set came around the dawn of actual post players in the Aldridge style.

Dude was great on switching but still had to deal with big strong centers and PF's

He'd have a field day with today's defense and offense.
    agreed 100% he was great at switching onto perimeter players but he needed a true center to help when they went up against the larger teams. bulky centers would get run off the court in today's game so he'd definitely feast.

the heat pretty much created the modern version of small ball. them or dantoni.

What does TS stand for?

Enough of this.

Vader, release him.
    I'll release him directly into the garbage compactor where he belongs

A bunch of deflections to avoid the FACT that Bosh is one of the greatest championship defensive anchors of all time.

Boom.

Bran stans right now

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Bosh isn't credited for being the Heat's defensive anchor because he wasn't their defensive anchor. Despite that he was a key defender for them and did a very good job of blowing up the pick and roll. The Heat had excellent defensive in their title seasons and he was was critical part of that. His defense was probably his most significant contribution to the Heat's titles.

He did struggle though in 1v1 matchups in the post. This was particularly problematic against the Pacers front line of West/Hibbert. At times the Heat needed LeBron to cover those matchups since Bosh was floundering. This is why LeBron was talked about att he time as being able to defend 1-5. He didn't do that for whole games, but he did successfully take those assignments for key stretches.

Circling back to be sure this is clear, Bosh was a quality, important defender for the Heat. His mobility and versatility away from the basket allowed the Heat's high energy defensive scheme to function. Heat defenders needed to move fast and cover a lot of ground with numerous rotations, and Bosh was very good at that.

None of your trolling means a thing, superduperdumb. You already admitted you have LeBron top 3-5 all time:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=44&p=13791815

savage.

typical. sports

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Bran stans right now

great now you're stealing from other posters as well - you should apologize to akrazotile aka brother fultz

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=463023

None of your trolling means a thing, superduperdumb. You already admitted you have LeBron top 3-5 all time:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=44&p=13791815
    OP?