Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: #2 Los Angeles Lakers: D'angelo Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Strongly dislike the pick. If we can land Boogie LMA or Love I guess it will be all right. If not then this pick is pretty bad.

I suppose this makes Clarkson expendable in any trades so maybe Clarkson and Randle for Boogie. I would be okay with that.

Russell/Clarkson/Randle is getting you nowhere.

Breh, Lakers have even more cap space next year when Kobe's deal comes off the books and we have 23 mil right now to spend on either one max guy or two all-star caliber players

Lakers are not trading Randle because Randle hasn't had the chance to showcase his game enough and reportedly his shot has improved a whole lot and he lost 20 pounds, look at him become a taller Draymond Green.

Clarkson and Russell can both play PG/SG, so that's not a problem. Kobe could play at SF. I mean, Warriors won a title with Draymond Green being their tallest player on the court for half the Finals.... You don't really need a 7-foot Center and a 6-10 PF anymore, especially in the Western Conference, where teams play at a high pace and guys have to be able to get back on transition. Lakers struggled big time with this in the recent years with Pau, Hill, Davis not being able to play huge minutes because they couldn't keep up with a team like GS or LAC, who routinely blew us out.

Also, don't sleep on Larry Nance jr and Upshaw, those guys could end up being solid rotation players as well.

Lakers finally stuck to their players and aren't looking to trade away all their young talent for a "quick fix". They understand that Kobe can't be counted on to carry a team due to injuries and that one star player is not enough to win anything in the West. Cousins is a great talent but he alone isn't going to win anything.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Russell is probably the best player in the draft, why would you not like him? He definitely has most potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Russell is probably the best player in the draft, why would you not like him? He definitely has most potential.

Welcome back D'Angelo Russell