Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Curry was never better than LeBron, and we all knew it

Curry was never better nor will he ever be... switch them... look at the rosters and say that shit with a straight face, lmao...

2015 Finals

LeBron
    Klay
    Iggy
    Green
    Bogut

vs

Curry
    JR
    Shumpert
    Thompson
    Mozgov

LMAO 4 game sweep. Fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]koutta here, fa[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]gots.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    What is your argument for Curry being better? They are about equal on offense but the gap defensively is huge. Lebron beats him by a solid margin on man to man, help defense, rebounding, block, etc.
    Curry produces more on the court and was the more consistent player throughout the regular season.

I didn't say either is better than the other, but to act as if there is some gap either way is stupid. Bron has clearly declined a little bit, but obviously can still have moments of greatness like the finals. Curry didn't step it up then... It happens. Plus, I think he was playing more injured than he let on.

Upsets happen. Bron winning over Curry in the finals happened. Dirk beating Bron and the gang in 2011 didn't make him a better player. So I don't think this clearly swings the pendulum one way either.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    LeBron could def. have won with just Klay and a bunch of the Warriors' great role players.

klay was choking just as bad as curry was dude .. all of the back up bigs were awful and getting picked apart, livingston fell off after a hot start, your argument is still very exxagerative and unrealistic, which takes away from your point. And it's an easy point to make.

Youre running up in here acting like you just had some brilliant revelation .. when this has been one of the more talked about things here for months since the Finals.. i expect the captain obvious poster to make an appearance

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    klay was choking just as bad as curry was dude .. all of the back up bigs were awful and getting picked apart, livingston fell off after a hot start, your argument is still very exxagerative and unrealistic, which takes away from your point. And it's an easy point to make.

Youre running up in here acting like you just had some brilliant revelation .. when this has been one of the more talked about things here for months since the Finals.. i expect the captain obvious poster to make an appearance
    No I'm not, it's another dimension. The whole summer people were kind of using the fact that LeBron won the chip to say that he was better than Curry, as if this chip was ever going to decide who was better, like it was a box to be checked in or something. What I'm saying is that we've actually had much lower standards for Curry the whole time, even when he was in the regular season. No one would ever use one of LeBron's missing role players as an excuse if he lost. They just wouldnt, because he can do everything and score at a superstar level. We make excuses for him because he's human ... meanwhile, LeBron pretty much isn't. I don't even think Curry is as good as 2006-2011 DWade fwiw.

Considering what LeBron did in 2015, i just don't see how what I said was an exaggeration. Livingston got stretched beyond his capabilities. He had a huge couple of games because curry couldnt get it done, meanwhile, LeBron wouldn't have needed all of his roleplayers to bail him out in the first two games. He'd get his 30+ points and get the ball to Klay, and Iggy and Livingston and there other role players would ball tf out because they wouldn't be over-extended. Curry, Kyrie, Love, TT and JR and Iman vs LeBron, Klay, Iggy, Livingston, Brazillian blur, bogut, etc? Yeah, give me the LeBron/Klay team all day. No one would bet against them, honestly.

Curry had, on paper, as good a season as anyone ever.

On the court though, he's literally not even in the same class as LeBron. Offensively even, he gets great numbers, but they result from him being in a perfect situation. LeBron's offensive numbers are comparable to Curry's, but LeBron runs his team's entire attack whereas Curry is just his team's best weapon.

The defense is what makes the comparison so ridiculous though. LeBron is an ATG defensive monster - Curry is literally his team's biggest defensive liability.

Really, it is not close.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The whole summer people were kind of using the fact that LeBron won the chip to say that he was better than Curry
    no they havent.. it has been repeated ad naseum how bron led in every category and outplayed every one and went GOAT mode etc. People havent been like "well lebrons team won, guess hes better", the fact that he PLAYED better has been harped on in hundreds of topics.

What I'm saying is that we've actually had much lower standards for Curry the whole time.

and this.. this has been repeated over and over again as well. Any poster on this site can tell you this as its been common knowledge since the Finals ended and another repeated topic of discussion. this was talked about across major sports shows right after the Finals.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    no they havent.. it has been repeated ad naseum how bron led in every category and outplayed every one and went GOAT mode etc. People havent been like "well lebrons team won, guess hes better", the fact that he PLAYED better has been harped on in hundreds of topics.

and this.. this has been repeated over and over again as well. Any poster on this site can tell you this as its been common knowledge since the Finals ended and another repeated topic of discussion. this was talked about across major sports shows right after the Finals.
    What I meant was that LeBron has been better this whole time, and we shoulkdnt have even really needed the finals to see that. He clearly played better, but he's also been capable of more, and still is.

I haven't seen too many threads about it tbh or heard too many journalists talk about it to be honest.People rarely harp on how much Curry and all the other Warriors need each other, because Curry and Draymond are pretty damn overrated.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Curry had, on paper, as good a season as anyone ever.

On the court though, he's literally not even in the same class as LeBron. Offensively even, he gets great numbers, but they result from him being in a perfect situation. LeBron's offensive numbers are comparable to Curry's, but LeBron runs his team's entire attack whereas Curry is just his team's best weapon.

The defense is what makes the comparison so ridiculous though. LeBron is an ATG defensive monster - Curry is literally his team's biggest defensive liability.

Really, it is not close.

Unfiltered Ether Bomb, neat.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I like how people want to pretend it is farfetched to call him better right now.

Curry may well be better right now. Bron played better in the finals. We get it. He played at an all time great level. Yes. Because he is one of the best players ever, and clearly is capable of it.
    I don't think Curry stans understand how little the regular season actually matters. Lebron dominated him in all facets, he didn't just play better...he talk an inferior team and dominated him. Then he emasculated him with those blocks, guy was scared and shaking.

Lebron scared the 2nd and 3rd best players in the league so much they did the unthinkable and teamed up against him. That is how much they are scared of this man.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Curry was better for the entire 2016 season until his MCL injury

3-time NBA All-Star

LeBron could def. have won with just Klay and a bunch of the Warriors' great role players. He damn near beat the Warriors with all of their best players completely healthy with JR smith and delly as his 2nd and third best players LOL. The Draymond mention was a superficial thing to bring up though, I'll admit that. It's just saying he's GSW's third best player, Love is Cavs' third best player. There's no situation where LeBron losing his third best player for one game would be deemed a good excuse for losing. It's because we've seen him beat great teams by himself and carry horrible teams to greatness by himself. As for Draymond's impact ... Draymond had like 3 straight single digit games, and Kyrie and LeBron both went off on the whole GSW defense, so what, exactly, was he doing that was of any worth? Lmao
    He didn't nearly beat them. By game 4 the Warriors figured them out and never looked back. They were clearly the better team. A series going 6 games isn't necessarily "close". 6-7 Game series where one team is clearly better then the other happens all the time for whatever reason.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

lol seriously. Imagine LeBron losing the chip while missing Kevin Love. No one would let him use that as a solid reason for losing, but Curry loses Draymond Green for one game, and he loses andrew bogut for two games and curry's out here doing 360 dunks in warmups, and yet people still wanted to give Curry excuses. We never expected actually expected too much from Curry. If you switch LeBron and Curry, there's no way the cavs had any shot at winning. LeBron with GSW could lose Draymond, Bogut and Harrison barnes and they'd still have won.

So no matter what happens, just remember games 5-7 of this past year's finals when thinking about who the better player is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MSh8zPpv8

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Curry was never better nor will he ever be... switch them... look at the rosters and say that shit with a straight face, lmao...

2015 Finals

LeBron
    Klay
    Iggy
    Green
    Bogut

vs

Curry
    JR
    Shumpert
    Thompson
    Mozgov

LMAO 4 game sweep. Fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]koutta here, fa[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]gots.
    as your line ups = yes
    But these were not the lineups = TRUTH

So people won't even acknowledge that the man was playing Injured?

Alright. Not Going to be like the Bron Stans that were literally making daily threads on how they wish Curry got hurt and were happy once he got hurt.

It would be terrible if Bron or Kyrie suffered a season-ending injury wont it?

Local High School Star

hope lebron gets hurts in the playoffs like steph did so these idiots will realize the impact an injury has on a player's performance.