Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Do people actually believe that Lebron will return to the Cavs?

I don't see why he would leave the Heat, even if they don't 3peat.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    This.

I highly doubt he goes to LA, as some people have said.

I would love to see Bron back in the Cavs again. Hopefully winning a ring there this time around.
    I dont like Lebron and I'm rooting against him...but him going back to cleveland in a nice humble way would certainly make it hard to hate on him

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

My biggest thing against Cavs fans is that they literally expected LeBron to do everything for those Cleveland teams. Average close to a triple double, beg for free agents to sign (even though they had no cap space, and sign long-term to play with Mo Williams.

3-time NBA All-Star

Honestly, I actually believe he will. Not only because he feels the need to right his wrongs, but for him to win championships, it makes a ton of sense.

I don't think the Heat are winning this year. If not this year, then next year, Wade will be even more a shell of himself. Bosh might be on the decline, and even if he's not, he was never that great in the first place especially in this diminished of a role. Wade is DEFINITELY not opting out. Bosh may or may not opt out. If he doesn't opt out, Heat can't really make any big moves. If he does opt out, its not like there's a better star in FA they can get anyway. The older FAs like Kobe or Dirk definitely aren't coming to Miami. So the only other better FA out there would be Melo, and even if he wanted to come to Miami, which I highly doubt, is Lebron/Melo/Wade better then Lebron/Bosh/Wade? Probably not. And they couldn't trade Wade or Bosh to net another star.

Then there's Cleveland. They have a young up and coming superstar in Kyrie Irving, three young up and coming potential at least borderline all-stars in Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, and Anthony Bennett, and two possible all-stars if they can stay healthy in Varejao and Bynum (BIG IFS). And on top of that, if for whatever reason some of those players don't work out, they could probably trade them for something good, or preserve cap space, by turning down those team options, to get other talent around Lebron. For example, maybe Minnesota would revisit that Kevin Love trade.

The fact is Lebron has shown he's willing to leave for the best situation possible to win championships regardless of the backlash he might receive. I don't see why this would be different. Its one thing if the Heat 3peat next year, but I don't see that happening (and even if they did, I don't see Lebron opting out and signing another long-term deal instead probably just opting in). Not only are they on the decline cause of Wade and their competition is going to be better, but teams making 4 straight Finals never happens anymore.
    Last edited by guy; 07-12-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It would do nothing in that regard.

No one disputes his place as a great player... best in the league by a fair margin right now. That changes absolutely nothing when it comes to the way I look at him. In my mind, he's been the best player in the league for 5-6 years now.

Still don't want him and I really wish he would just go ahead and sign longterm in Miami so this stuff would finally go away. It's annoying. Cavs make a quality move or get a draft pick right... First thing anyone wants to talk about is James.

He plays for Miami now. Move on.
    you talking tough now but you would be all over that d if he went back to Cleveland. As would most Cleveland fans

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

In my opinion, he goes back to Cleveland towards the end of his playing career. I think it was Windhorst a month ago or so that said Riley already has a long term plan in place to keep LeBron in Miami for the rest of his prime. Is anyone really betting against Riley at this point? I highly doubt the 2013 Heat and the 2014 Heat are all that similar. I think the Big 3, or at least LeBron/Wade take pay cuts and add another piece. IF Bosh wants to stay so be it, but he is pretty overrated and wouldn't care if they got someone else.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    In my opinion, he goes back to Cleveland towards the end of his playing career. I think it was Windhorst a month ago or so that said Riley already has a long term plan in place to keep LeBron in Miami for the rest of his prime. Is anyone really betting against Riley at this point? I highly doubt the 2013 Heat and the 2014 Heat are all that similar. I think the Big 3, or at least LeBron/Wade take pay cuts and add another piece. IF Bosh wants to stay so be it, but he is pretty overrated and wouldn't care if they got someone else.
    Lebron/Wade aren't taking that big of a paycut. I just don't see what moves they can make. Of course, I'm not Riley though.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

isn't riley supposedly retiring in 2014?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    isn't riley supposedly retiring in 2014?
    You heard wrong.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1379508

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    And I can't believe people are STILL doubting Pat Riley da gawd. Ya'll some fools, man.
    The big 3 if they don't opt out are each making 20-21M in 2014-15 and the Heat have $76M committed in salaries. Even if the big 3 all opted out and took paycuts, realistically the biggest paycut they would take would be down to like 15M each year, so that would put them at like $60M, which is about the salary cap. So what other big moves would they make? And like I said, out of all the big FAs that might realistically leave (meaning not Kobe, Dirk), Lebron, Melo, Bosh, and Wade are the best ones. Lebron's already been playing with two of those. Obviously you can't count Riley out, but it looks like the best most realistic moves they can make are upgrading the role players surrounding the big 3.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo

But why?

Tha damage is already done, he's already won two rings, why would he go back? And better question, why would the Cavs want him back, have they no dignity? It'll be like taking your hot ex girl back after she's cheated on you... don't be that guy.
    Just like most guys would take that hot ex back, the Cavs would take him back with open arms.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The big 3 if they don't opt out are each making 20-21M in 2014-15 and the Heat have $76M committed in salaries. Even if the big 3 all opted out and took paycuts, realistically the biggest paycut they would take would be down to like 15M each year, so that would put them at like $60M, which is about the salary cap. So what other big moves would they make? And like I said, out of all the big FAs that might realistically leave (meaning not Kobe, Dirk), Lebron, Melo, Bosh, and Wade are the best ones. Lebron's already been playing with two of those. Obviously you can't count Riley out, but it looks like the best most realistic moves they can make are upgrading the role players surrounding the big 3.
    Miami just needs to get to the point where they are not operating above the luxury tax threshold, so they can 1) retain a Full Mid Level exception, and 2.)avoid the punitive repeater tax rules(being above the tax threshold 3 out of 4 years).

And that can be done, even with LeBron re-signing to a max deal, and Wade and Bosh making lucrative long-term money as well.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Miami just needs to get to the point where they are not operating above the luxury tax threshold, so they can 1) retain a Full Mid Level exception, and 2.)avoid the punitive repeater tax rules(being above the tax threshold 3 out of 4 years).

And that can be done, even with LeBron re-signing to a max deal, and Wade and Bosh making lucrative long-term money as well.
    Agreed.

The big 3 plus the mle to shore up the center weakness would be enough. Lebron will obviously either opt in, or opt out for a paycut. Wade will opt out for a paycut and Bosh will be told either opt out for a paycut or be traded.

I think Riley has something up his sleeve though.

Now a Cavs fan again

The Cavs aren't even a good team. When you average 21 wins over the last 3 seasons, you're not a serious contender for LeBron's services.

And there's no way he goes to the Lakers. Kobe is a high usage, shoot-first team cancer whose style of play is not conducive to winning titles anymore. LeBron will not want to play with a ball hog who eats up half of the team's salary cap and has never shown the willingness to sacrifice (either money or shots) for the good of the team.

Kobe could never lead this Heat team to a title. He had a stacked Nash/Pau/Dwight team and led them to a 1st round spanking. And he's had P-Jax coaching plus Odom/Pau/Bynum the two years before that and got owned in the 2nd round both times.

The only sensible choice for LeBron is Miami. Proven winners as teammates is what Miami offers LeBron. LA offers the glitz and glamor of Hollywood but no chance at winning titles, and Cleveland offers the "feel good" sentimental narrative but ultimately has a 20-win team to offer him.

If the Heat don't win this year LeBron's gone. It may not be to CLE, but they do have a good shot. How about this little fact for y'all. If a star comes available at PF or SG this year CLE can offer a package that will be far better than most teams. Let's be honest a package of Waiters and Thompson is better than most teams can dream of, and that doesn't even include picks like the Sac one, MEM pick ('15), MIA picks, and of course their own picks.

CLE is in great shape, and LeBron, or no LeBron, are set up nicely to have a good long run at titles.