Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Jordan wants to comeback at 50

I know of at least one former Michael Jordan teammate who's convinced that Jordan wants to make an NBA comeback at 50 years old.

If that's true, His Airness has two years to find a buyer for the Charlotte Bobcats so he's eligible to play again.

Jordan practiced Thursday with the Bobcats -- one week before his 48th birthday -- and looked quite good according to co-captain Stephen Jackson.

"We should sign him," Jackson told me, adding that Jordan dunked "without any effort" and citing a sweet lefty finish on a post-up move as MJ's most memorable contribution to the workout.

Don't forget, though, that league rules preclude NBA owners from playing for their own teams without selling off their shares. Don't forget, furthermore, that Jordan (with the Wizards in 2001) and Magic Johnson (with the Lakers in 1996 and with yours truly as a first-year Lakers beat writer) were mere minority owners when they made their comebacks from the executive suite, making it a lot easier to find someone to buy them out.

You figure it would take Jordan at least two years to find someone willing to assume majority control of the Bobcats, given how long it took His Airness to assemble a deal to take over from founding owner Bob Johnson.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-chatter

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan wants to comeback at 50

he could probably still play, but he'd have very limited minutes. so what would be the point? i guess he could set all of the over 50 category records.

Banned

If only lol I think just having his name on the team sheet would give the Bobcats (or any other team) a huge psychological advantage.

it's just speculation. i doubt MJ is even close to contemplating that. c'mon now. first off, he'd have to sell his majority stock of charlotte to play for any team. he only had to sell part of his stock in washington to play. this is a non-story. it's not gonna happen.

Following in Chamberlain's would-be footsteps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBg9mVLnHk#t=8m21s

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Following in Chamberlain's would-be footsteps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBg9mVLnHk#t=8m21s

yep, we know wilt NEVER exaggerated. the legend continues (not a wilt hater, take a joke)

I am very young so I have never watched him.

I would be excited if he comes back,than I would have opportunity to watch him.(even at the age of 50)

Banned

He would probably be the first player ever to average a triple double after Oscar Robertson :OOO

More power to him though. He should do this, but on a contender to fock Kobe over (:

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I am very young so I have never watched him.

I would be excited if he comes back,than I would have opportunity to watch him.(even at the age of 50)

How old are you? Did you watch a past his prime Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    How old are you? Did you watch a past his prime Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards?
    I watched a few games but I was like 10 years old back then and I didn't follow basketball as near as much as I do now.

Didn't he say something along the lines of making a comeback at 50 and promptly followed it up by "don't laugh"

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I watched a few games but I was like 10 years old back then and I didn't follow basketball as near as much as I do now.

I see.

Umm it was actually embarrassing for a lot of opposing players when he was on the wizards. He was 38-40 and still had it most nights. He had a few nagging injuries but generally fkn unreal for that age!!!

On offense he could still dominate today, posting up etc, his jump shot is still money, but on defense, pretty sure his age would show!!

I think he'd be great for a few games, would love to see what he can do, they should do something like that in the all star game IMO, not that celebrity shit..
    Get a few guys from past 2 decades for a game

He wont come back, period. To sell the team just to have some games out of nostalgia? To average 10 mins with 5-10PPG? Its not gonna happen

Banned

this dude would be garbage and worthless