Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Apparently 7-16, good D, dagger and 8 assists

17 points...hmmm...looks like Lebron's Finals ppg.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I don't know why you're comparing such different values. It'd be like saying someone who went 3/3 was so much more efficient than a player who went 10/22. Its technically correct, yes, but it has no meaning because they are entirely different games. Dirk was 0-2 from 3 and Kobe was 2-2 from 3.. I just don't see the efficiency difference. I'd compare that before I compared 4 to 10. I don't compare fg of people that shoot 4 times compared to those who shoot 10 or 15 times. I don't see why the same would be done for FT's. Don't see it at all. It should be factored in for dirks game, dont get me wrong, it raises his game but it doesnt really work for comparing % imo.

Terrys shots didn't come from dirk. Don't use a game score that you disagree with (that terry outplayed dirk completely) which was MY opinion to prove that dirk outplayed kobe. Its utter cherrypicking, proves one of your arguments wrong, and I don't even know what game score is.

I don't take offense to blake being better, I agreed with it. I said kobe being 3rd or 4th best was fair. I think you should really calm down and read and think about this stuff, you're making a lot of mistakes.

I think kobes stats were better, dirk didnt do enough to win.
    But Kobe's stats weren't better. Statistically (which is gamescore)...Dirk comes out ahead.

I'm not basing it all off game score. That is just stats. Of course Blake wasn't nearly twice as good as Kobe the way game score has it.

I'm just saying you aren't being consistent. Which you aren't.

So by objective statistical measures, Dirk was better than Kobe. And then that isn't even factoring in what Dirk did late in that game...which is what made it a good game.

You simply can't have it both ways. And I'd tell you to calm down and read what I'm saying. But of course I didn't get defensive and make a thread trying to revise history literally 5 minutes after a game was over. If Dirk didn't play a "good game"....then there is no way in hell Kobe did. Not by any objective measure. The only way you get that is with a biased opinion like yours.

And Terry did get a lot of his shots off Dirk. Again, stop acting like Kobe is the only player that gets defensive attention. And at least Blake did something in the 2nd half/4th qtr. IIRC Blake made 2 threes in the 4th. Terry didn't do anything.

So again...just pointing out the utter obvious double standards you use and how inconsistent you are even using those double standards. But its expected from someone that admittedly doesn't watch other games and thinks that Dirk doesn't help Terry get great looks.

Local High School Star

Guess I'll chime in with my two cents. Kobe played a fairly efficient overall game last night. No he was not the fourth best Laker out there. In my opinion, he was 2nd best. Yeah Steve Blake had a huge game, but all his shots pretty much came off passes(mostly orchestrated by Kobe). Artest was solid defensively, but just average offensively(plus most of his shots came off passes like Blake's). Bynum was just there to me. Like his 16 point, 11 rebound Game 5. Looks good if you just saw the boxscore. Bynum was slightly more active defensively than he had been. The only player on the floor for LA that was unarguably better than Kobe was Gasol. He really manned up and came to play after sucking for the majority of this series. Kobe did what was needed to win, moved the ball well offensively, didn't force much, and hit a key 3 late in the 4th. It was a total team win.

The reason why people like DMAVS, andgar, and others are harping so much about it is because of the hypocritical attitudes from trolls. These morons would turn around and laugh if any other Star player had a game like Kobe's in a Game 7 at home, yet here they are acting like it was some legendary performance. It was a good, solid game, Lakers wouldn't have won without him. But not legendary.

Who said it was legendary? The thread was started to dispute that it was a bad game

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Who said it was legendary? The thread was started to dispute that it was a bad game
    By a person that vehemently disputed that a statistically superior and more clutch game could absolutely never be considered a "good game"

That is the issue. Wake up Chazzy.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    What a fukkin moron you are. Kobe is the reason Blake did so well, spoon feeding him open looks; shitting down Lawson in the 4th after he brought Denver from 16 down, hit a dagger 3 and had 8 assists. Anyone who thinks he was worse then Blake need to actually watch the game and not the box scores.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

Someone didn't watch the game.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    17/8 on 16 shots and shutdown defense on opposing team's best player in the 4th quarter, along with a dagger 3pointer, while being heavily doubled for the entire game is pretty good for anybody in this game.

Of course, you didn't watch the game, dug up the 17/8 on 16 shots out of the boxscore page you just checked on ESPN before posting and thought it was clever. Don't make it so obvious next time

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Spoken like someone who didn't watch the game.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by White Mamba
    WOW did you even watched last night?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    [/B]

TEARS OF LAUGHTER.. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

FOR ONCE WE CAN AGREE. I LAUGH TOO

IN AMAZEMENT OF THE "GOD" KOBE "THE G.O.A.T" BRYANT.

IT AMAZES ME EVEN TO THIS DAY OF HIS GREATNESS

I'M SURE THIS WILL BE ON BUMPER BOY 2SPORTS...

KOBE = G.O.AT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    But Kobe's stats weren't better. Statistically (which is gamescore)...Dirk comes out ahead.

I'm not basing it all off game score. That is just stats. Of course Blake wasn't nearly twice as good as Kobe the way game score has it.

I'm just saying you aren't being consistent. Which you aren't.

So by objective statistical measures, Dirk was better than Kobe. And then that isn't even factoring in what Dirk did late in that game...which is what made it a good game.

You simply can't have it both ways. And I'd tell you to calm down and read what I'm saying. But of course I didn't get defensive and make a thread trying to revise history literally 5 minutes after a game was over. If Dirk didn't play a "good game"....then there is no way in hell Kobe did. Not by any objective measure. The only way you get that is with a biased opinion like yours.

And Terry did get a lot of his shots off Dirk. Again, stop acting like Kobe is the only player that gets defensive attention. And at least Blake did something in the 2nd half/4th qtr. IIRC Blake made 2 threes in the 4th. Terry didn't do anything.

So again...just pointing out the utter obvious double standards you use and how inconsistent you are even using those double standards. But its expected from someone that admittedly doesn't watch other games and thinks that Dirk doesn't help Terry get great looks.
    I don't know what you want me to say. I value the importance of 3 less turnovers and 7 assists more than I do making FTs and making clutch shots after you have a horrendous 3 quarters and losing because of it. Dirk played so badly in the first 3 that a great 4th quarter where he took eveyr shot and made like nearly all of them them wasn't enough to win, thats what happens when you turn the ball over and suck at making plays for your teammates when your shot is not falling.

I think kobes game was better than dirks, and blakes was better than kobes and dirks too. Its not an objective statistical measure, its bull shit. 7 assists and 3 turnovers are stats that more than make up for making a lot of free throws (which wasn't enough to win). Again, in my opinion.

Why does it even matter? I think kobe had a better game than dirk because he played well for all 4 quarters, recorded 7 more assists, 3 less turnovers and basically the same efficiency while making all the right plays to WIN the game. Sue me. Why are we still talking about someone that got swept compared to someone who's going for his 6th championship?
    Last edited by RazorBaLade; 05-13-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Really not that ridiculous to say he may have been the 4th most important player tonight. Hell, maybe even the 5th. Gasol was clearly their best, Bynum probably 2nd, then Blake, Kobe, and Artest in no order. You can say Kobe created those shots for Blake, but Blake had to hit him. Going 5/6 from 3 and 7/11 in general on nothing but jumpshots is pretty amazing regardless of how open he was. Both Artest and Kobe played great defense, but Artest pretty much took Danilo Gallinari out of the whole game completely and was the biggest reason Andre Miller shot completely horrible as well.

I don't think anyone is saying Kobe had a bad game. He had a good game. He just didn't have this great game for someone of his standards. He didn't hurt the team, he helped it, but he wasn't anywhere near the best player on the floor.

Its not a big deal, but when a bunch of idiotic fans beforehand claim that he's going to put up 50, or go into "GOD" mode, or at least be the best player on the floor that is going to "carry" this supposedly horrible Laker team, and then nothing even close to that happens, it will be pointed out.
    good post, only disagree with the bynum assessment. I thought he had good stats overall but played a poor game, that fg% shows what he really was doing imo. He took a lot of bad shots and didn't seem engaged until the 2nd half. So slow on rotations defensively, just seemingly stood and watched lawson score a few times. I'd have Artest over kobe before I have bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I don't know what you want me to say. I value the importance of 3 less turnovers and 7 assists more than I do making FTs and making clutch shots after you have a horrendous 3 quarters and losing because of it. Dirk played so badly in the first 3 that a great 4th quarter where he took eveyr shot and made like nearly all of them them wasn't enough to win, thats what happens when you turn the ball over and suck at making plays for your teammates when your shot is not falling.

I think kobes game was better than dirks, and blakes was better than kobes and dirks too. Its not an objective statistical measure, its bull shit. 7 assists and 3 turnovers are stats that more than make up for making a lot of free throws (which wasn't enough to win). Again, in my opinion.

Why does it even matter? I think kobe had a better game than dirk because he played well for all 4 quarters, recorded 7 more assists, 3 less turnovers and basically the same efficiency while making all the right plays to WIN the game. Sue me. Why are we still talking about someone that got swept compared to someone who's going for his 6th championship?
    So because you value it more than something objective...you are right? ROFL

Dirk does make plays for his teammates. Holy shit. You can't be serious. Dirk is an extremely unselfish player and has no problem doing what is best for the team unlike Kobe. Wow...I just can't believe you would even go there.

Terry, for example, routinely gets points off the Dirk pick and roll in which Dirk is often doubled without the ball. He does so much to help his teammates its not even funny. Acting like the opposite is true is just laughable.

So lets get this straight. An objective measure on the stats alone graded Dirk's game as around 20% better. Then...that doesn't even do it justice as Dirk scored 11 of the last 13 and gave the Mavs a lead with 2 clutch free throws with 9 seconds left. Far more impressive than the supposed "dagger" Kobe made up 4 after doing nothing of note the entire 2nd half.

So objectively. I'm right. Subjectively I'd say Dirk's game was far better than his stats given what we saw happen.

I want you to say you aren't consistent at all. Because you know you aren't.

And of course you go to the "5 rings" argument. But you already admitted its all about teammates. So which one is it?

Oh, and Dirk laid Kobe to waste the only time in their careers they've played in the playoffs. And Dirk has been at the very least as good as Kobe in the playoffs. Probably better.

****ing ignorant hypocritical Kobe stan. Wake the **** up.

We all know you only care about Kobe and not the Lakers. That is why you are on full on damage control because Kobe needed to get bailed out in yet another game 7. But you have the audacity to trash Gasol...when without him your boy only has 4 titles at most and is going him in the first round this year. Damage control on full alert. LOL...just another huge game in the playoffs in which Kobe is definitely not the leader of his team.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-13-2012 at 08:51 PM.