Local High School Star

Default What if freethrows are only allowed in the 4th quarter...

Will this make basketball a better game? Since we hate watching guys shooting FTs.

The 1st 3 quarters, any foul would result in the fouled team gaining back possession and shot clock reset to 14 seconds. If there is a foul in, the basket counts and the opposing team restarts ball.

Reduce the number of fouls to foul out from 6 to 5 to discourage anyone from abusing it.4th quarter will play with normal rules.

Referees have way lesser of influence on the outcome of the game. The first 3 quarters will be like streetball we usually play (And no one complains about it being without freethrows). We get to see a smoother and more enjoyable game.

Default Re: What if freethrows are only allowed in the 4th quarter...

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    Will this make basketball a better game? Since we hate watching guys shooting FTs.

The 1st 3 quarters, any foul would result in the fouled team gaining back possession and shot clock reset to 14 seconds. If there is a foul in, the basket counts and the opposing team restarts ball.

Reduce the number of fouls to foul out from 6 to 5 to discourage anyone from abusing it.4th quarter will play with normal rules.

Referees have way lesser of influence on the outcome of the game. The first 3 quarters will be like streetball we usually play (And no one complains about it being without freethrows). We get to see a smoother and more enjoyable game.

the problem is when a guy gets hammered on a layup or dunk

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    the problem is when a guy gets hammered on a layup or dunk
    Call a flagrant if is too excessive. If not, then as above stated rules.

Dumb ... If thats the case, then players will start hugging/slapping to prevent other players from getting a good shot. Omg just leave the forum... Worst thread of the decade

Tolerant Liberals

Then a guy like curry or kd would never get off a shot because you can wrap them up every time using a scrub and force his teammates to shoot

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Dumb ... If thats the case, then players will start hugging/slapping to prevent other players from getting a good shot. Omg just leave the forum... Worst thread of the decade
    5 fouls and you foul out. If it is dumb, how come with the streetball rules you have been playing your entire life still works?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Then a guy like curry or kd would never get off a shot because you can wrap them up every time using a scrub and force his teammates to shoot
    Like I say 5 fouls and you're out. Also, keep in mind the team being fouled GAINS BACK POSSESSION. Do the opposing team really want to risk having a severely depleted team? Also, 4th quarter will play as normal.
    Last edited by tgan3; 05-07-2015 at 08:05 PM.

5 fouls and you foul out. If it is dumb, how come with the streetball rules you have been playing your entire life still works?
    B**ch please... You dont get foul out on streetball

I don't think anyone on this forum has ever played a game of streetball lol

Well, Poido and Plowking attempted to do something that resembled basketball

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    B**ch please... You dont get foul out on streetball
    But you have to in a professional game to prevent abuse correct? In streetball, its like the gentlemen rule, you do not go foul someone purposely to not let them score, you always aim for the ball.

Tolerant Liberals

But you have to in a professional game to prevent abuse correct? In streetball, its like the gentlemen rule, you do not go foul someone purposely to not let them score, you always aim for the ball.
    well where im from if the game is tight you foul someone to prevent layups, but not a dirty foul.

i once played at school with a dude who turned out to be a professor in my faculty, he definitely did hack-a-scrub on me when i was gonna get an easy layup

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    well where im from if the game is tight you foul someone to prevent layups, but not a dirty foul.

i once played at school with a dude who turned out to be a professor in my faculty, he definitely did hack-a-scrub on me when i was gonna get an easy layup
    Well from where im from, if someone didn't aim for the ball, It will almost always result in a fight

Banned

Off the ball fouls should allow the team to choose who shoots them, or if you want to keep the factor of having players who should be able to hit free throws use a penalty type system where each player can only be chosen once until all the players on the court have taken a set.

Pretty sure Harden would retire.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    I don't think anyone on this forum has ever played a game of streetball lol

Well, Poido and Plowking attempted to do something that resembled basketball