Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What is Andrew Wiggins potential ceiling?

Wiggins is stepping up! The race for #1 is gonna be great. Embiid vs Wiggins!

I could see BOTH of these guys being top 5 players in the NBA.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Wiggins moves surprisingly well off ball. Usually these prospects are guys that need the ball in his hands to score all the time, but he cuts well and finds opening really well at a young age. I don't know who I can compare this too, but I'm impressed with it.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

who ever compared wiggins to green doesnt know shit about basketball. Green and wiggins maybe both athletic but they dont play alike green dominates the ball and bricks shots or passes to an opponent when he was a rookie all green knew was dunking.

Wiggins is good in moving without the ball .. He cuts exceptionally well like he isnt 6'8 .. it may look easy but not to many players can do it.

His shooting has improved because his form is solid he just need to be more confident and that has happened.

He has all these little things that make you wonder think his potential is greater than his play.

First, he's playing completely within the system it seems. At times becoming a jumpshooter, an off ball player, or just moving it around and not looking for his shot. Even with all that, he's still able to get his numbers, and once in a while show you a play that you'd expect from a pro. These last few games it looks like even as a jumpshooter, he's able to score quite a bit.

He does seem to look passive a lot though, which means that he can
    a) be a lot better in the future when he puts in an effort
    b) continue this way because it's just the personality of his game and not the fact that the college game isn't his goal.

He does seem very unselfish though and good at getting his numbers in the flow of the game. There is some to be desired though with his finishing ability. For a guy who has all the tools to get to the basket and finish, he's not so good around the basket.

Default Re: What is Wiggins ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I like Wiggins. He seems intelligent to me.

Based on my intuitive understanding of who will be good in the NBA, I say he will be a superstar.

LeBron, Durant, CP3 tier.

We'll bump this thread in 5 years and laugh at the naysayers. (If there are any)
    5 years later

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    5 years later
    Oh shit....

Rest in piss lil wheels

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    5 years later
    All 3 of those guys have amazing teammates around them. CP3 cant lead a team by himself, nor can Durant. Lets see what happens to Wiggins when he leaves the worst run franchise in NBA history

Wow I don't think anyone thought his ceiling would be this low when he came into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by the mesiah
    I'm going to see him play up close in bout 2 weeks(barring injury).
    As the way it shapes up in the east , that 3 spot is sewed up with a log jam so he won't be starting unless he converts to a 2 which I don't see him doing.same prob in the west with Kd and as long as kobe shooting for that Alcindor record . So he will be a reserve for quit a while on those all star teams . .he can become a solid 21-6-3 guy year in and year out. He can really maximize his potential if he can get on a squad with a true vet pro to take under his wing, he's not the type to throw rite in the fire and expect to turn a lottery team into a top 4 seed rookie year . He don't be top 10 best ever , but he won't be olawakandi or oden either .

Pretty good analysis from this guy, he