Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes in November

what happened to my thread!!

The original is the greatest.

Nintendo has released a free demo for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Getting the demo will take some extra effort on your part, though.

There are six different ways to acquire the demo, according to Nintendo:
    Movie theaters nationwide will be handing out download codes between November 7th and November 13th.
    Local retailers will also host giveaways "during the holidays." Like theaters, these stores will have a limited supply.
    Anyone who buys Pokemon Art Academy (coming October 24th) on 3DS or 2DS through the Nintendo eShop will get a demo code.
    Virtual Console releases Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (November 6th) and Pokemon Trading Card Game (November 13th) will also come with the demo. The code will be on customers' eShop receipt.
    Nintendo will email demo keys to select Nintendo Network users who signed up to receive promotions in their inbox. These emails will be sent out on the week of October 31th.
    A national tour will stop at 16 different malls from November 24th to December 21st. Gamers who try out Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire or other 3DS games will get two demo codes. The tour locations will be announced in the near future.
    Got mine through the e-mail way. Supposed to be some cool shit that carries over if you play the demo, and if you play the game every day. Also you can transfer over all the ones you catch/items you have in the demo to the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Got mine through the e-mail way. Supposed to be some cool shit that carries over if you play the demo, and if you play the game every day. Also you can transfer over all the ones you catch/items you have in the demo to the full game.
    Thanks for the heads up, I definitely will look into this. Gen 3 wasn't exactly my favorite, but Swampert's in my top 3 list of Pkmn I'll bring to battle online, or the battle train, etc. Love the water/ground combo.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Thanks for the heads up, I definitely will look into this. Gen 3 wasn't exactly my favorite, but Swampert's in my top 3 list of Pkmn I'll bring to battle online, or the battle train, etc. Love the water/ground combo.
    Yeah gen 3 was far from my favorite as well, but the demo is pretty solid.

Played a couple hours already. The DexNav is awesome. Tells you when there's a special pokemon around. But special has a couple different meanings. It could be a really high level for a low level area. I got a level 13 Seedot before I even got to the next town. Or the more rare ability if a pokemon has 2+, Brave Bird Tailow ftw. Can find ones with egg moves too. I got a Poochyena that has thunder fang.

Banned

3rd gen has always been my favorite but I don't want to buy a 3DS just for that. That's the only game I would play besides Pokemon Y

Having a lot of fun with this game. I traded for some favorites and made them eggs in Pokemon X and hatched them into lv 1s that I used to start Omega Ruby, so I got to pick and choose my entire team from the beginning. My ideal team is already up to Lv 100 from prior games, so now I'm just trying to build secondary and third parties that I can use. Running with Jolteon, Dragonite, Swampert, Infernape, Alakazam, and Shiftry, all betwen 45-55 right now heading into the last Gym.

Remember when getting legendaries was painfully involving yet awesome at the same time? Yeah, let's screw that up completely by giving away Latios/Latias with zero effort.

My only gripe so far in the game.

Remember when getting legendaries was painfully involving yet awesome at the same time? Yeah, let's screw that up completely by giving away Latios/Latias with zero effort.

My only gripe so far in the game.
    Mine as well. I also went with Infernape, had Nuzleaf for a loooonnng time because I caught the Nut at level 13 right at the start of the game. but kicked it out because I chose Treecko as my starter and there was too much crossover between the two.

I find the pace in the game to be really really weird. I feel like they tried to connect x/y and ruby/sapphire stories too much. Whereas x/y were really well paced this one is just a weird amalgamation of the two.

Banned

I've enjoyed this one. Getting Latios and Groudon before the elite four made me change up my plans though. I just beat the pokemon league this morning and my other complaint is that this one was too easy to level up. I ended up making it through the elite 4 without any challenge. My team all ended up in the mid 60s by the time I hit the pokemon league whereas their pokemon were all in the 50's. Still I've had a good time and there's still more to do.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I've enjoyed this one. Getting Latios and Groudon before the elite four made me change up my plans though. I just beat the pokemon league this morning and my other complaint is that this one was too easy to level up. I ended up making it through the elite 4 without any challenge. My team all ended up in the mid 60s by the time I hit the pokemon league whereas their pokemon were all in the 50's. Still I've had a good time and there's still more to do.
    I was wondering what level the E4 was at, because I was thinking the same thing. I just got my last badge, and am heading towards the E4.I remember in the originals, most of your pkmn were in the late 40s, early 50s when you went onto Victory Road. My situation is even more unbalanced since my team gets the exp bonus for being brought in via trade. My Dragonite, Jolteon, Swampert, and Infernape are all at level 60.

Pumped I was able to catch Groudon without using my Master Ball. Planning on saving that for Deoxys.

I was wondering what level the E4 was at, because I was thinking the same thing. I just got my last badge, and am heading towards the E4.I remember in the originals, most of your pkmn were in the late 40s, early 50s when you went onto Victory Road. My situation is even more unbalanced since my team gets the exp bonus for being brought in via trade. My Dragonite, Jolteon, Swampert, and Infernape are all at level 60.

Pumped I was able to catch Groudon without using my Master Ball. Planning on saving that for Deoxys.
    late 40s? my pokemon were barely mid 40s iirc

and yes i got raped in the elite four, especially with the ice lady

Banned

Me too, the elite four was a cake walk in this game. I remember in earlier games having to grind for awhile to get high enough to beat them but this time it was so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Me too, the elite four was a cake walk in this game. I remember in earlier games having to grind for awhile to get high enough to beat them but this time it was so simple.

I just beat them last night, and it was beyond simple. I took out the first 3 E4 trainers using only my ME Metagross.

Love the fact that the story doesn't just slam shut on you after beating the E4 this time around.