Default Kyle Anderson scouting report

As the draft inches closer, Anderson is one of the most unique players on the board. He worked out with the Jazz on Friday morning, and revealed much of what the world already knew: He possesses one of the highest basketball IQs in the draft. He makes plays for others. He can handle the ball with aplomb, and he can rebound it and push it in transition.

But his lack of athleticism makes him quite difficult to read as a prospect. Simply put, "Slo Mo" is about as accurate a nickname as has been attached to a basketball player. There have been questions about which position Anderson can defend. And scouts love to ask same question: What is he, exactly?

"He

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Kyle Anderson scouting report

I mentioned this in my mock, but only in passing, and that's a lot of reading.

But as we all sit here and watch the finals, Kyle Anderson reminds me a ton of Boris Diaw. Similar size, at least when Diaw was younger. Similar feel for the game, similar ball handling and passing (really elite for PFs). Same questions athletically.

I'm not saying Anderson should be drafted as a starter. But for good teams with set rosters, a versatile, heady, ball moving big guy should be an easy plug and play type of option, unless your team just isn't really a smart playing team anyway.