Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Russian airforce to help in Syria

Shit just got real for ISIS and other savages
    Russian parliament grants Putin right to use military force in Syria
    MOSCOW
    The Russian parliament on Wednesday unanimously granted President Vladimir Putin the right to deploy the country's military in Syria, a move a top Kremlin aide said related only to the air force.

Russia has been building up its military presence in Syria, where it supports the government forces of President Bashar al-Assad in a conflict that pits him against Islamic State militants and Western-backed rebels.

Sergei Ivanov, the head of the Kremlin administration, said after the vote in the Federation Council, the Russian parliament's upper chamber: "The Syrian president asked the leadership of our country for military assistance."

But he said the vote did not mean that Russian ground forces would be engaged in conflict and that the move referred to the use of the air force only.

"If there will be a united coalition which I doubt, or in the end two coalitions -- one American and one Russian -- they will have to coordinate their actions," Ivan Konovalov, a military expert, told Reuters.

"For Russian forces to operate there legitimately ... a law was needed."

There have some media reports from the Middle East that Russian military jets have already started carrying out air strikes in Syria. The Kremlin has declined to confirm that.

The last time the Russian parliament granted Putin the right to deploy troops abroad, a technical requirement under Russian law, Moscow seized Crimea from Ukraine last year.

(Reporting by Lidia Kelly, Gabriela Baczynska and Alexander Winning; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0RU0MG20150930

Banned

Default Re: Russia to deploy troops in Syria

Putin doing the job Obama is afraid to do

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Putin doing the job Obama is afraid to do
    For now it's only air force though, my bad.

Well, they already had deployed like 20+ Su fighters ten days ago

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

USA is doing mostly this

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    USA is doing mostly this
    and then http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-Syria.html

Default Re: Russian airforce to help in Syria

In Ruski's we trust.

Meanwhile
    Russians tell US to remove warplanes from Syria, senior official says
    EXCLUSIVE: Russian officials have demanded that American warplanes exit Syrian airspace immediately, a senior U.S. official told Fox News early Wendesday.

The official told Fox News that Russian diplomats sent an official demarche ordering U.S. planes out of Syria, adding that Russian fighter jets were now flying over Syrian territory. U.S. military sources told Fox News that U.S. planes would not comply with the Russian demand.

"There is nothing to indicate that we are changing operations over Syria," a senior defense official said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09...oops-to-syria/

lol@obama .. getting pushed aside like an incompetent bitch .. this is going to leave a major stain on his legacy .. putin is absolutely owning this gay strutting peanut head

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    USA is doing mostly this
    You wouldn't believe the amount of wasted/lost/tossed money we spent for nothing...

This is probably one of my favorite articles:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...in-afghanistan

In it, Special Inspector General John Sopko detailed how a contract worth $34 million was used to build a facility U.S. troops will never use.

It's the latest in a string of reports on waste from Sopko, who recently detailed how the U.S. spent more than $770 million on aircraft for Afghanistan that its military can't use.

"If Congress appropriates the money, they will spend it," Sopko says of the U.S. military's construction arm, in a conversation with NPR's Robert Siegel on today's All Things Considered.

But in 2010, Sopko says, the Marine Corps general said, "I don't want it, don't build it, I won't use it. So stop construction. A year later, construction began."

When Robert asks if the project may have proceeded because no one wanted to cancel the contract for a private U.S. business, Sopko says he's still investigating why the construction was ordered to proceed — and who gave that order. But he doesn't fault the contractor, he says.

"It's just useless. It's a $34 million waste of the taxpayers' money," Sopko answers.

"This is just the tip of the iceberg," he says. "There are plenty of buildings, and plenty of equipment that was purchased, that is not needed."

To the question of whether such projects were begun even as the U.S. military was pulling out of Afghanistan, Sopko says, "Oh, absolutely."

And if you want to know how we end up building a $30 million building that nobody wanted or needed, and many tried to stop, here's this:

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/boondoggle

I was at Leatherneck under General Mills (haha general mills, get it?) and at the time they were building this super structure nobody wanted, on the few days between weeks long missions I was on base, I slept 12 men to a room the size of living room. Our wifi sucked ass, the chow hall was a mile walk, and the phones were farther than that.
    Last edited by UK2K; 09-30-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    lol@obama .. getting pushed aside like an incompetent bitch .. this is going to leave a major stain on his legacy .. putin is absolutely owning this gay strutting peanut head

Dude just doesn't want to have anything remotely related to Islamic terrorism tied to his administration. I honestly think that he will give a speech one day years down the road and say that under his watch, we didn't need to combat terrorists because of his foreign policy.

National High School Star

Putin always punks and out politics Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Dude just doesn't want to have anything remotely related to Islamic terrorism tied to his administration. I honestly think that he will give a speech one day years down the road and say that under his watch, we didn't need to combat terrorists because of his foreign policy.
    Obama is the greatest supporter of Islamic terrorism since Muhammad 1500 years ago.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Obama is the greatest supporter of Islamic terrorism since Muhammad 1500 years ago.

I read somewhere that the only reason Obama is soft on Islamic Terrorism, or the mere fact why he won't even mention the words Islamic Terrorism is because his dad was a Muslim. And it would be considered very foul of him to tarnish his father's religion and go against the very tenets his father believed in.

This is why he's always bringing Christianity into extremist discussions. He scolds Christians first that way the masses can look the other way and not judge Islam.