Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible trades

Default Re: Possible trades

two 1sts for Jason Smith is WAAY to much... I'd give maybe two 2nd round picks

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    two 1sts for Jason Smith is WAAY to much... I'd give maybe two 2nd round picks
    I agree that 2 1sts is too much- 2 2nds or 1 1st would be a great deal for nugs- would they take that though? Prob not

The future does not look good for 7 footers coming into the nba, it will be hard to get bigger in the draft anyway + the last colorado guy the nugs brought is working out all right

As unlikely as a big trade is it seems more likely that it would need to be a multi team trade to get value out of the te's and any pick/s

Remember it cost a 1st for petro, wouldn't smith cost more- mostly just saying even as a good fit a trade seems unlikely

Nugs should sign lester hudson with both pg's banged up
    Last edited by el gringos; 01-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

At all realistic?

IND
    IN: Z + cash (bought out, back to Cavs in 30 days)
    Renaldo Balkman (bought out, who cares)
    Ty Lawson

CLE
    Troy Murphy
    Malik Allen

DEN
    Jeff Foster
    Cleveland 2010 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    At all realistic?

IND
    IN: Z + cash (bought out, back to Cavs in 30 days)
    Renaldo Balkman (bought out, who cares)
    Ty Lawson

CLE
    Troy Murphy
    Malik Allen

DEN
    Jeff Foster
    Cleveland 2010 1st rounder

No- lawsons value is high right now- way higher than a cleveland 1st- even w turning balkman and allen into foster its still not close imo

So at least a couple article talk about as we all expected that lawsons value is high and maybe the key to making any trade- and as most of you all expected it sounds the front office is unwilling to deal lawson

I think you trade him for a lottery pick or as the piece to get a bigger deal done to move kmart, but otherwise he can't be traded or it opens up the big hole that we had before at pg

I don't understand why you want to move KMart. He's a bit overplayed, but he's playing like an 10+mill player this season IMO..

At least wait one season and trade him as an 17mill expiring...

And Lawson is as close to untouchable as possible

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    I don't understand why you want to move KMart. He's a bit overplayed, but he's playing like an 10+mill player this season IMO..

At least wait one season and trade him as an 17mill expiring...

And Lawson is as close to untouchable as possible
    I just don't think lawson should be untouchable- why? To me players that are untouchable are players who you couldn't get eqaul or better value for- imo you could get twice lawsons value in a trade possibly- could you get 2 superstars for carmelo, no- could you get a consistent star for jr, no- could you get a better big for nene, no

You have to understand that both ability and opportunity are important in these guys chances of success at the nba level- I'm a believer that there were thousands of guys that would have looked great stepping into a battle w ac- lawson is playing well and is effective at what he does, but he isn't a guy I'd want as a starter ever and if another team thinks of him as a starter I think he has to be atleast considered for a trade

I love kmarts game- but he isn't worth a 1/4th of the cap- and that's if he's healthy- with the organizations unwillingness to have a bigger payroll it makes him a luxery that a cheap team can't afford- I'm all about the trade him when he's an expirer, but even more important imo is trade him while he's healthy- you shouldn't gamble if your broke

To me untouchable is carmelo, nene, billups, and I don't think anyone gives up the value jr can have for this franchise going forward

Lawson and a 2nd for randy foye?

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Lawson must not be traded, we have no depth at PG.

K-Mart is the soul of our defense, he cannot be traded.

Nene cannot be traded, we don't have enough depth at center.

I haven't watched the Nuggets enough this season to know exactly what we need but I do know that we can't lose either of those three guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily
    Lawson must not be traded, we have no depth at PG.

K-Mart is the soul of our defense, he cannot be traded.

Nene cannot be traded, we don't have enough depth at center.

I haven't watched the Nuggets enough this season to know exactly what we need but I do know that we can't lose either of those three guys.
    Very true ... For any trade gonna have to give up something. And whatever we give up will end up doing more harm than good!

Would you guys take John Salmons and Aaron Gray for JR Smith?

And/Or Tyrus Thomas if we could find a 3rd team to be a part of the deal to make the numbers work...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Lawson and a 2nd for randy foye?

You want to trade Lawson AND a 2nd round pick for Foye? You do realize that Lawson's a better shooter, passer, and a better rebounder despite being 5" shorter?

Quote Originally Posted by jello212
    You want to trade Lawson AND a 2nd round pick for Foye? You do realize that Lawson's a better shooter, passer, and a better rebounder despite being 5" shorter?

You forgot to talk about one of the nuggets main weaknesses- defending gaurds- foye is chauncey billups jr and is just the perfect example of why lawson has to be considered tradeable- what if you could turn lawson into a randy foye type talent? Not only is foye a better player than lawson but he's a better fit- karl will play ac in the playoffs because he will want a defensive gaurd- that would be a great trade for the nugs- look at these kids here, lawsons value is high- and I bet they still don't notice that the other teams want lawson and kmart shooting

Jr for haywood or salmons type talent trades are very retarted-

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

*dreams*

Just my 2 cents...still doesn't solve our issues upfront though. With JR struggling and Balkman never getting the chance to play, the only bad thing from that trade is Afflalo most likely seeing a reduction in mpg.

The #1 target for the nugs should be spencer hawes- 7 ft, young, and a great 3 point shooter- a perfect compliment to carmelo and nene

Just too bad nugs have little or nothing to trade- is it true that only a 2012 1st could used? The big te expired (they lied too us saying it wasn't just a financial move)

No way kings would take the s hunter te and a 1st + 2nds?

I'd much rather see picks traded for players that can help instead of just to save money- remember nugs paid a 1st to get rid of hunter, a 1st for petro, and 3 1sts for kmart- we have carmelo and nene through 2012 so that pick should be traded now along with whatever it takes for hawes- hawes and foye are the 2 perfect nugs