Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease kps's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard has a new son!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Why do you think that great prophets and Biblical leaders like Abraham and David were allowed to have so many women?
    Because they were horny old toads?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by smith
    Grats to Howard.

About the bible, the rules don't suit todays world, they were meant to do good in the middle ages, which they did to some extent but they don't suit todays world.

thats bull...you waitin on someone to write a "new millenium century" version of God's word?:)

I ain't gonna judge Dwight like some here but he's dumb for lettimg himself become this chick's lottery ticket for life..

Banned

Why do you think that great prophets and Biblical leaders like Abraham and David were allowed to have so many women?
    Uhh....because they had nothing to do with Christianity and its moral precepts?

We're talking about Christians, not Jews here.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I ain't gonna judge Dwight like some here but he's dumb for lettimg himself become this chick's lottery ticket for life..
    What, should he never have kids? He apparently wants the child, so I don't see the problem. Unless he marries Oprah or some other super-rich woman he's going to be supporting any woman that has his child, so so long as he's happy with the woman and kid, what's it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
    Uhh....because they had nothing to do with Christianity and its moral precepts?

We're talking about Christians, not Jews here.
    Is this a serious post? The entire Old Testament is basically Judaism, and Jesus never said that it was to be disregarded. Guess what? Jesus wasn't a Christian either...he was a Jew.

Banned

Is this a serious post? The entire Old Testament is basically Judaism, and Jesus never said that it was to be disregarded. Guess what? Jesus wasn't a Christian either...he was a Jew.
    Do you eat pork?
    Do you cook dairy and meat together?
    Do you keep the Sabbath?
    Do you celebrate Passover?
    Do you have tattoos or piercings?
    Do you still have your foreskin?

If you answered yes to any of these, and many others I could've listed, you're breaking Old Testament commandments.

And Jesus was NOT a Jew. Jews don't normally go around claiming they're sons of God.

Banned

And don't even try to argue this point. Show me a major Christian denomination that condones pre-marital sex.

And it's not as if Howard's a member of some liberal branch of Christianity.

http://www.fofci.com/main.html

Do you eat pork?
    Do you cook dairy and meat together?
    Do you keep the Sabbath?
    Do you celebrate Passover?
    Do you have tattoos or piercings?
    Do you still have your foreskin?

If you answered yes to any of these, and many others I could've listed, you're breaking Old Testament commandments.

And Jesus was NOT a Jew. Jews don't normally go around claiming they're sons of God.
    I'm not a Christian, so none of that even matters to me (though for the record, I don't eat pork...nasty stuff). Jesus's claim to be the son of God doesn't change the fact that he was a Jew. He did "keep the Sabbath, celebrate Passover," etc. Just because practicing Jews don't accept him as the Messiah doesn't mean that he wasn't a Hebrew.

Yawn.

Real Green Men trying unsuccessfully to play devil's advocate as usual (at least one can only hope he is playing devil's advocate).

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Yawn.

Real Green Men trying unsuccessfully to play devil's advocate as usual (at least one can only hope he is playing devil's advocate).
    Real Green Man sounds like he has a guilty conscious..

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Damn most people here aren't serious but for the few who feel that this somehow means that Dwight isn't a Christain need to grow up. We all make mistakes and thats why God is a forgiving God. I'm sure glad most of you who make dumb comments about a baby's birth supposedly making a man an idiot don't get to judge. Congrats to Dwight.

I'm not a Christian, so none of that even matters to me (though for the record, I don't eat pork...nasty stuff). Jesus's claim to be the son of God doesn't change the fact that he was a Jew. He did "keep the Sabbath, celebrate Passover," etc. Just because practicing Jews don't accept him as the Messiah doesn't mean that he wasn't a Hebrew.
    You guys ever hear of Jewish Christians??
    Those are Jewish people who believe in Christ.

And you seem like an intelligent guy, RealMen, but are you honestly trying to argue that the bible does not forbid premarrital sex?

And don't even try to argue this point. Show me a major Christian denomination that condones pre-marital sex.

And it's not as if Howard's a member of some liberal branch of Christianity.

http://www.fofci.com/main.html
    I'm talking about the incorrect belief that premarital sex is banned in the Bible. Notice I never said that Howard isn't a hypocrite. I could care less what the major branches of Christianity say; the Catholic Church sold indulgences and here in America Protestants burned "witches" at the stake. I'm just discussing the actual teachings.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penny37
    You guys ever hear of Jewish Christians??
    Those are Jewish people who believe in Christ.

And you seem like an intelligent guy, RealMen, but are you honestly trying to argue that the bible does not forbid premarrital sex?
    Seems more to me that he's pretty much admitting that Dwight sinned but that the general uproar in this thread is ridiculous. I pretty much agree that what he did was wrong, but in the grand scheme of things we all sin and have the capability to be forgiven and just because Dwight has made his faith known to the general public there is no reason to hold him to a higher standard.