Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Durant avg. 2nd least FGA per game while Russ is avg. his highest FGA

KD is currently avg. 17.4 FGA per game which is his lowest since his rookie year (17.1)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...duranke01.html

While Westbrook is currently avg 20.4 FGA which is his highest for his career.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...westbru01.html

Question is......is this good for OKC in the long run or bad, having Russ avg. more FGA than KD?

Default Re: Durant avg. 2nd least FGA per game while Russ is avg. his highest FGA

Irrelevant. Asterisk season.

Default Re: Durant avg. 2nd least FGA per game while Russ is avg. his highest FGA

Personally to me they're 2 of the top 5 players in the league so I don't mind having Westbrook take more shots than KD as KD recovers and gets back into rhythm. I would like to see Westbrook to take smarter shots though. From what I've seen he's incredibly rushed. A player of his size and skill should bide his time and slowly break down a team's defense.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

the better player takes more shots

I'd have to see their numbers when they've both played this season, but there's some context that needs to be added here:

- Westbrook has played 20ish or so games this year without Durant, so of course his FGA numbers are going to be pretty high in those games.

- Durant's played limited minutes and, in some games when he's just come back from whatever injury had him out for a week or two or three, doesn't exert himself as much because he's still got a lot of rust. He just hasn't been as aggressive in a lot of games this year as in year's past because he's still trying to work himself back into true form.

Is it best for OKC in the long run? Probably not if/when Durant gets back to 2012-2014 form. But for now, with Durant shaking off a lot of rust and getting back into form, coupled with Westbrook playing the best basketball of his career, Russ averaging more FGA probably is best for OKC. Granted Durant put up a couple of really stellar performances right before the All-Star break.

Banned

Durant 58.5 eFG%
    Westbrook 45.5 eFG%

ATTABOY WESTBROOK

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Both guys are pretty dam good. It has become the norm for Westbrook to hog the ball every once in a while. No one seems to care or say anything about it so I guess it's all good......and when I say "no one" I mean Scott Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'd have to see their numbers when they've both played this season, but there's some context that needs to be added here:

- Westbrook has played 20ish or so games this year without Durant, so of course his FGA numbers are going to be pretty high in those games.

- Durant's played limited minutes and, in some games when he's just come back from whatever injury had him out for a week or two or three, doesn't exert himself as much because he's still got a lot of rust. He just hasn't been as aggressive in a lot of games this year as in year's past because he's still trying to work himself back into true form.

Is it best for OKC in the long run? Probably not if/when Durant gets back to 2012-2014 form. But for now, with Durant shaking off a lot of rust and getting back into form, coupled with Westbrook playing the best basketball of his career, Russ averaging more FGA probably is best for OKC. Granted Durant put up a couple of really stellar performances right before the All-Star break.
    says the durant stan

lets be honest, you only hopped on okc because of durant. You give no absolute shit about westbrook, ibaka, jackson, etc.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    says the durant stan

lets be honest, you only hopped on okc because of durant. You give no absolute shit about westbrook, ibaka, jackson, etc.
    You don't know shit about this dude and why he likes OKC. How bout you go jump in a Lake or something bitch nikka

says the durant stan

What even about my post was anti-Westbrook and pro-Durant? I was providing some context as to why Westbrook's FGAs were the highest of his career and Durant's were the lowest of his career. I didn't say I was upset about it or complaining about it. Somehow my post is "Durant stan" and the post by a true Durant stan/non-OKC fan who posted their eFG%s and made fun of Westbrook isn't in your eyes.

Someone's mad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

says the durant stan

Thunder fans stay living rent free. You're our bitch on here.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

says the durant stan

You're ceiling as an ISH member is your relentless posting of "No Excuses" in Thunder threads. Stick to that. Anything more and your lack of cognitive ability really starts to expose itself.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Interesting. There's a 2 FGA differential between them per 36, so it's not a huge deal... but if I'm gonna deactivate "troll" mode for a minute, I don't think it's a winning recipe. I think they'd benefit from KD taking more shots throughout the course of the game, but Westbrook being the go to guy in the clutch since he's so coldblooded. Similar tandem to Aldridge/Lillard.

I also think it's up to KD to control the team, and keep Westbrook in check... let him know that he's the man, not russ, and demand the ball. I didn't see enough of that in the playoffs late in the game last year, but it's something KD will have to do this year if they want to win.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    Durant 58.5 eFG%
    Westbrook 45.5 eFG%

ATTABOY WESTBROOK
    Wait, you realize both guys play for your team right?

Unless you're just a Durant **********. In which case, go kill yourself.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Wait, you realize both guys play for your team right?

Unless you're just a Durant **********. In which case, go kill yourself.
    He obviously is. Always trying to diss Westbrook to prop up KD