Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #46
ROCSteady
One of One

Default Re: NFL Week 10 Game Thread

It's cute to see all the Girls fans get some of their juice back for a week
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #47
Mex-Laker
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
The Bucs' failures created a masterpiece of fail today

Didn't I told you they would do anything to lose?

Congrats on your W, hopefully this will be the nail in the coffin for our sorry ass HC...

Incredible, how you lose when you outgained your opponent by 200+ yds, 5 Red zone trips..

I'm ashamed to call myself a Buc fan...
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #48
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

There still is a Monday night Game

*Looks at schedule sees Giants vs. 49ers*

Welp bring on Week 11
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #49
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
Didn't I told you they would do anything to lose?

Congrats on your W, hopefully this will be the nail in the coffin for our sorry ass HC...

Incredible, how you lose when you outgained your opponent by 200+ yds, 5 Red zone trips..

I'm ashamed to call myself a Buc fan...

I thought our patchwork o-line would get punked like pee wee.

I still don't know how it's possible that a team can get 500 yds, 5 trips in the Rz and only get 3 points. That whole game left me dumbfounded.

I thought for sure you guys would win. Evans has a history of having career days on us and all Skins fans were bracing themselves for a DeSean bomb . Luckily, it didn't happen.

The Bucs need a true threat at RB. It would balance their offense and allow maybe more of a possession strategy. You already have the weapons outside to finish off drives. I don't get it, Barber had some success early and then I don't remember y'all going to him very much in the 2nd half, and not in the Rz. It's not like you had to catch up on a 2 TD deficit. Why abandon the run so fast? Granted you got it down there a bunch of times but seemed like an odd game plan.

Koetter is a MOP fr fr
Old 11-13-2018, 12:10 AM   #50
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Lol at this drive. Penalties galore. Now it's the Giants turn
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #51
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Congrats to the Giants W (L)
bigkingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:23 AM   #52
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

If the Giants win out, they could enter the playoffs as a hot 9-7 team
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:47 AM   #53
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
If the Giants win out, they could enter the playoffs as a hot 9-7 team

good one
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #54
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
It's cute to see all the Girls fans get some of their juice back for a week
Its cute to see Skins fans with a little arrogant chip on their shoulder

Enjoy it while it last...a few more weeks or so
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #55
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Baker Mayfield had the highest QB Rating on Sunday of any rookie quarterback ever with at least 20 pass attempts... he went 17-of-20, 216 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions.

Meanwhile, Nick Chubb looks absolutely beastly. Yes, yes... I know it is the Falcons defense, but 176 yards on 20 carries including a team-record 92-yard TD run plus 3 catches for 33 yards and a touchdown receiving? This is the reason you let a solid veteran RB like Carlos Hyde go.

I knew he was a good back at Georgia but I had no idea he was so god damn fast. If he gets a little daylight in the second level, he is taking it to the house more times than not. Plus his 3.6 yards after contact lead the NFL among active players (Marshawn Lynch was at 3.7 before his injury).

Throw in Denzel Ward putting the clamps on Calvin Ridley (shadowed him for most of the game) and fellow rookie LB Genard Avery having another solid game... that's not even mentioning Antonio Callaway who has all of the tools to be a really good receiver.

This rookie class John Dorsey has amassed could alter the fortunes of the franchise for a decade-plus. And, he took a good bit of heat for going Mayfield-Ward at 1 and 4. So far, it has been aces.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #56
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Baker Mayfield had the highest QB Rating on Sunday of any rookie quarterback ever with at least 20 pass attempts... he went 17-of-20, 216 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions.

Meanwhile, Nick Chubb looks absolutely beastly. Yes, yes... I know it is the Falcons defense, but 176 yards on 20 carries including a team-record 92-yard TD run plus 3 catches for 33 yards and a touchdown receiving? This is the reason you let a solid veteran RB like Carlos Hyde go.

I knew he was a good back at Georgia but I had no idea he was so god damn fast. If he gets a little daylight in the second level, he is taking it to the house more times than not. Plus his 3.6 yards after contact lead the NFL among active players (Marshawn Lynch was at 3.7 before his injury).

Throw in Denzel Ward putting the clamps on Calvin Ridley (shadowed him for most of the game) and fellow rookie LB Genard Avery having another solid game... that's not even mentioning Antonio Callaway who has all of the tools to be a really good receiver.

This rookie class John Dorsey has amassed could alter the fortunes of the franchise for a decade-plus. And, he took a good bit of heat for going Mayfield-Ward at 1 and 4. So far, it has been aces.

Mayfield is without a doubt the Browns' franchise QB.

It's the Browns own fault it took so long. No GM until Dorsey had the balls to take a QB with a high pick (aside from Tim Couch in 1999).

One thing about Mayfield is that ever since he set foot on the field and started playing his height and his "character issues" have never once come up. On the contrary, his charisma and leadership intangibles are constantly discussed by his coaches, teammates, and the press.

He plays QB like a veteran and looks night and day from the rest of the rookie class. Granted he's older and more experienced but there is no question in my mind that Dorsey chose the right guy.

I don't see any reason why Baker can't be an elite level QB in the league as he develops.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #57
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Its cute to see Skins fans with a little arrogant chip on their shoulder

Enjoy it while it last...a few more weeks or so

Bro, I am a realist. The Skins are not a good team. Factor in all of our OL that are out and will be out (Williams, Schreff, Lauvao, Christian)for extended periods, lost our best playmaker at receiver in Richardson, are relying on a 34 year old to keep the same production. Smith sucks and none of our receivers can get consistent separation. The offense will likely improve when Crowder and THompson come back but who knows when that will be.

I don't expect the Redskins to win the division, honestly. We have two with Philly who are a better team and another with y'all. The Redskins are not a good team right now and if they win the division, that would be kinda pathetic that none of the other teams could win more than an anemic team with injuries all over the place. I know your OL is in a similar position but Zeke will likely stay steaming ahead and PEterson may slow down.

Then again, we're probably 1st in the league in turnover ratio so that always a key ingredient for success.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #58
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Mayfield is without a doubt the Browns' franchise QB.

It's the Browns own fault it took so long. No GM until Dorsey had the balls to take a QB with a high pick (aside from Tim Couch in 1999).

One thing about Mayfield is that ever since he set foot on the field and started playing his height and his "character issues" have never once come up. On the contrary, his charisma and leadership intangibles are constantly discussed by his coaches, teammates, and the press.

He plays QB like a veteran and looks night and day from the rest of the rookie class. Granted he's older and more experienced but there is no question in my mind that Dorsey chose the right guy.

I don't see any reason why Baker can't be an elite level QB in the league as he develops.
The only thing that concerned me about Baker was how much damage Hue and Haley were going to do to him before they were inevitably let go. Now that they are gone and Kitchens seems up to the task of working to Baker's strengths and not pushing him into a prototypical Haley/Jackson style offense, I feel like he will continue to thrive.

The real question is going to start to become whether or not you stick with Kitchens as the OC? Obviously, a new head coach is going to want his own assistants, but there are other ways you can do that and still keep Kitchens ...like hire a head coach that specializes in defense or keep Gregg Williams.

I don't know, but I really like what I've seen of Kitchens so far.

Dorsey has lived up to the hype and more. To think that he is responsible for drafting most of the talent on that Kansas City team and then he comes to Cleveland and puts together a draft like this in his first year? He was even director of scouting for Green Bay in the years that they drafted Rodgers, Matthews, Greg Jennings, etc. He is clearly an expert at talent evaluation.

Haslam just needs to stay the hell out of his way.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: