Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: Shumpert only has star potential as a Point Gaurd with the Knicks

On the first page of this post I said Iman Shumpert would never be a starting NBA PG. At the time I never considered the Knicks becoming a Phil Jackson Triangle project.

With Jackson building the roster and Derek Fisher installing the Triangle offense, Shumpert being a starting PG is a possibility. The Triangle takes the emphasis for the PG off playmaking. With the Triangle Shump would be a cutter looking to keep the floor spaced, occassionally knock down an open look, and be a pest on defense.

The things shumpert could do on the glass against even weaker defenders? This guy could be a game changing rebounder as a pg. His movement looks great.

If you guys can't see it yet the Knicks are playing a 2 guard front. You can't play 1 spot if you can't play the other.

Prigioni and Larkin need to be kept off the floor. Shumpert has to take those minutes for the Knicks to mad out this year

So I thought it would be week 1. I was wrong.

So they start practicing a shumpert/smith backcourt yesterday. Hope we see some of it in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    So I thought it would be week 1. I was wrong.

So they start practicing a shumpert/smith backcourt yesterday. Hope we see some of it in the game.
    I think you will. J.R. is a big question mark for management; they're gonna get him involved quickly to see if he's a worthy investment for the future.

Starts the 3rd quarter at pg. Team plays best they play all night. Coincidence? No, shumpert is a beast when matched up against pg's.

One of if not the highlight of the season has been shumpert. He goes down last night and not a mention. What a losing mentality in this board. I was counting on someone to post an update. Are you all in a private message circle jerk because your ashamed to talk about a team w a terrible record after 10

A serious injury to shumpert is a huge deal. I loved the way he was playing and where he was headed.

Are you all in a private message circle jerk because your ashamed to talk about a team w a terrible record after 10

No. Chances are, we're tired of the same crap you keep posting about your idea of the perfect team. Your responses to your own posts would be the circle jerk part.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

The team boards have never been really strong, a few posts here and there.

Basically drop a thought, then drop the mic.

But this team sucks hard, whats there really to talk about? How bad they suck?