Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: If it wasn't for Kobe, Duncan would have at least 2 or 3 more chips + FMVPs

I've never seen someone try so desperately to score tons of points to the detriment of his own team and fail so many times. Shaq's efficiency saved the team in many games.

Default Re: If it wasn't for Kobe, Duncan would have at least 2 or 3 more chips + FMVPs

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Kobe averaged 35 ppg on 59TS% against the Kings, on what planet is that not playing like an all star or shooting "paltry

he shot a bunch of free throws

they gifted him free throws

Kobe haters are so damn insecure it's hilarious

of course there's some degree of hyperbole, but Kobe reached for things he didn't yet have the skill for

there's four other people on the court on his own team

Kobe averaged 35 ppg on 59TS% against the Kings, on what planet is that not playing like an all star or shooting "paltry
    LMAO got em, what a tard

2004 Pistons destroyed the Lakers who beat the Spurs.
    2008 Celtics destroyed the Lakers who beat the Spurs.

I understand basketball is about matchups but just from deductive reasoning you have to assume the East wins 2004 and 2008 regardless of Kobe (although he played a key role for the East winning in 2004 lmao).

Superduperdumbass at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    "I understand basketball is completely about matchups so saying the team that beat the Lakers will also beat the Spurs because the Lakers beat them is stupid but I'm going to ignore all sensical reasoning to disregard reality and say sUpErDuMbAsS LoL hurrrrr!!1!".

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    "I understand basketball is completely about matchups so saying the team that beat the Lakers will also beat the Spurs because the Lakers beat them is stupid but I'm going to ignore all sensical reasoning to disregard reality and say sUpErDuMbAsS LoL hurrrrr!!1!".
    Having it both ways is the new hot item. Bankaii clearly aboard that train.

I like to think of it as: if not for 2 dumb Manu mistakes ('06 Dirk foul and '13 racing into bunch of Heat players and drawing offensive foul instead of running down the clock), Duncan could have had 2 more rings and FMVPs.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    I like to think of it as: if not for 2 dumb Manu mistakes ('06 Dirk foul and '13 racing into bunch of Heat players and drawing offensive foul instead of running down the clock), Duncan could have had 2 more rings and FMVPs.
    You can't pin '13 just on Manu. Kawhi missed a huge FT, Pop benched Duncan, the Spurs failed TWICE to get a rebound off a Miami miss, and then Duncan missed a layup at the end of Game 7. That was a collective team loss

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    2004 - Derek Fisher
    2008 - well, (weak excuse as [imo] they would not have beaten 08 Celtics) - Manu did have surgery 08 summer.

You can't pin '13 just on Manu. Kawhi missed a huge FT, Pop benched Duncan, the Spurs failed TWICE to get a rebound off a Miami miss, and then Duncan missed a layup at the end of Game 7. That was a collective team loss
    Iirc, I'm referring to game 6 (when he could have just run down the shot clock mid-court instead of trying to be heroic and score) - not game 7 - and I'm not blaming it just on Manu - it's just a play on the thread title.
    Last edited by rmt; 08-14-2019 at 04:38 PM.

The all time rankings should be:

Jordan
    Duncan
    Kareem

GawdBe single handedly prevented this.

The History Mamba

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Iirc, I'm referring to game 6 (when he could have just run down the shot clock mid-court instead of trying to be heroic and score) - not game 7 - and I'm not blaming it just on Manu - it's just a play on the thread title.
    Which play are you talking about? I remember making a number of mistakes that cost the game I.e. missing a free throw near the end of regulation and turning it over at the end of OT, but not this.