Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Is Kyrie Irving the least hated guy on ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    Wow, you showed him and ME!

Irving now doesn't have a big history of being a fragile chucker who doesn't play defense. YOU WIN!
    Great.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Kyrie had to deal with a lot of shit before LeBron. I remember how several of us Cavs fans would rather build around Dion Waiters. And he had to take all the blame for us not making the playoffs in 2013 - 14 without any decent vets on the squad.
    Still will never understand the love for Waiters (stans and that one retarded Cavs fan excluded). I know we have some on here. Reveal and explains yourself.

I fail to see a big difference between him and Marcus Thornton, other than draft pick.

btw, least hated of relatively big names I would guess Butler. Really only see that Jizz dude and the one guy with 50 alt accounts go after him.

Manu is up there, if he's under consideration. Still rather popular figure in the NBA. And of course Dirk, ever since he won his ring. Who doesn't love Dirk? I'll slap you, bitch. Kyrie is definitely near the top.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 01-16-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I liked Waiters and for a minute there it looked like the two of them could be the next Thomas/Dumars.

Haven't really followed him much since he left TBH, other than hearing about his refusing to stand for the national anthem.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I like Kyrie's game. At first, I was a skeptic when he came out of Duke. I remember my friend got me to really watch his highlights. He's great offensively but defensively, I feel he would only be at a high level if he had John Wall type of athleticism (just a notch or two Kyrie's raw athleticism).

He's definitely a top 5-10 PG every year. His handles are great (one of the best in the league, top 5). I can see him get better too so that's good for the Cavs franchise. I hope he can stay healthy.

I wasn't a huge believer of him in the past but in the past two years, I've grown to respect him more as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I liked Waiters and for a minute there it looked like the two of them could be the next Thomas/Dumars.

Haven't really followed him much since he left TBH, other than hearing about his refusing to stand for the national anthem.
    Spot on. I thought this too but of course without the defensive intensity. That's how I was feeling on draft night.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I think most Cavs fans went through a period of real excitement for Dion, because he has a hell of a lot of talent. Fast first step, can handle the ball for his size, strong around the basket (though not a good finisher for whatever reason) and could be a good shooter when he heated up.

The problem was, he never quite fit alongside Kyrie. Now, we see that he's just a tough match in general with most teams. His game just doesn't lend itself to being a star in 2016. He's not good enough to be the primary scorer and playmaker on a really good team, but that's the role he's most comfortable in.

He wants to be THE star, but he's just not good enough.

He's got to be a nightmare for a GM because he'll have flashes and you'll think, "If this guy can ever put it together, he's going to be great" ... and then he stands around and sulks for 10 straight games.

But hey... Waiters got us Shumpert, JR Smith and the draft pick which eventually became Mozgov, so no hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I think most Cavs fans went through a period of real excitement for Dion, because he has a hell of a lot of talent. Fast first step, can handle the ball for his size, strong around the basket (though not a good finisher for whatever reason) and could be a good shooter when he heated up.

The problem was, he never quite fit alongside Kyrie. Now, we see that he's just a tough match in general with most teams. His game just doesn't lend itself to being a star in 2016. He's not good enough to be the primary scorer and playmaker on a really good team, but that's the role he's most comfortable in.

He wants to be THE star, but he's just not good enough.

He's got to be a nightmare for a GM because he'll have flashes and you'll think, "If this guy can ever put it together, he's going to be great" ... and then he stands around and sulks for 10 straight games.

But hey... Waiters got us Shumpert, JR Smith and the draft pick which eventually became Mozgov, so no hard feelings.
    Yeah, Cavs got a ton out of that trade. I wanted JR Smith out and I don't mind Lance Thomas being the type of player we wished Shumpert would be. He's extremely cheap, Lance Thomas, and adds great value.

Dion, I agree. I thought in college, he had flashes of greatness too. He reminded me a lot of a young JR at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Might have something to do with Clevelanders not winning shit for 50+ years and when they finally get someone again that is a good player at 22 years old, they expect the world. I hope that Cleveland Clinic opens up another mental health wing because after this year when bron goes 2/7, that place is going to be filled up by people who went into it with unrealistic expectations.

Cleveland will never win another title in any sport unless a man named Jim Brown is playing and most Clevelanders have come to terms with that.
    What city u from, what teams u root for?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

He's never been good enough to get "haters". Before LeBron he was in Cleveland hitting the lottery up and nobody really cared. Now he's playing 2nd fiddle to LeBron on one of the best teams top to bottom so everybody who hates LeBron will prop him up and he's not a threat to anybody who ISH is obsessed with.

I'd probably be considered a hater and I think he has one of the most entertaining games in the league. Great player. Just not top 5, MVP caliber etc. He's a scoring PG but not a guy that's ever put up massive scoring numbers consistently. Average playmaker for a PG. Isn't a bad defender anymore but nothing special there. Very good shooter, efficient. Really flashy game and can explode for big games.

I said it a few years ago but he had such a rounded scoring skillset for a young player. Could shoot, great at finishing, good at beating guys off the dribble he didn't have a ton of areas to really improve and take a huge step. Difference between his rookie season and last year was 3ish points on similar efficiency.

I would root for him, but his teammate is Lebron so I cant