Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man treadster's Avatar

Default Pacers debating some serious thing

http://instagram.com/p/iSmPcfkZGL/
    Man, the pacers is talking some serious sh*t.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers debating some serious thing

britney and it's not even close

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Brittney

Local High School Star

Brittney paved the way for ratchet ass bitches like Miley to make generic music that preteens and generally dull people would eat up and live vicariously through.
    If there was facebook/twitter like there was now during Brittney's prime in the late 90's/early 00's, this wouldn't even be a debate.

Banned

Banned

Miley is bigger.

Madonna. bitches.

My girlfriend and I had this debate. No social media, shock value that Rhianna, Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga have. Brittney was bigger in her prime, just in the late 90's / early 2000s social media on the web didn't over empower certain artists. Brittney had a slow, gradual, subtle transformation into a SMUT compared to the likes of the aforementioned female artists. Spears, and Aguilera were the ones who went from good girls to sluts. To be honest, Madonna was the innovator of this whole trend doe. Gaga is derivative Madonna the way Kobe is derivative of Jordan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    My girlfriend and I had this debate. No social media, shock value that Rhianna, Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga have. Brittney was bigger in her prime, just in the late 90's / early 2000s social media on the web didn't over empower certain artists. Brittney had a slow, gradual, subtle transformation into a SMUT compared to the likes of the aforementioned female artists. Spears, and Aguilera were the ones who went from good girls to sluts. To be honest, Madonna was the innovator of this whole trend doe. Gaga is derivative Madonna the way Kobe is derivative of Jordan.
    They're all the same garbage. Trying to say one is better than another just because they're from your generation is silly.

Besides, Gaga didn't event transform. She's the same as she debuted.

Maybe Britney had more popularity in her prime, but I give the edge to Miley.

In this age there is a niche for everything. There are more artists and genres to contend with. Britney's era had less variety at the top of the industry. The market is more saturated now, so I feel it's harder to make the impact that artists like Bieber and Miley have.

Also, the average quality of music across the board is higher. Industry standards and production quality is at its peak.

On a side note: I'm glad EDM has finally broken through in popularity, but the death of alternative rock blows.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Maybe Britney had more popularity in her prime, but I give the edge to Miley.

In this age there is a niche for everything. There are more artists and genres to contend with. Britney's era had less variety at the top of the industry. The market is more saturated now, so I feel it's harder to make the impact that artists like Bieber and Miley have.

On a side note: I'm glad EDM has finally broken through in popularity, but the death of alternative rock blows.
    What? You really think there has been a major shift since 1999?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    They're all the same garbage. Trying to say one is better than another just because they're from your generation is silly.
    Where did I say one was better than the other? Or that any of them weren't anything more than cookie cutter pop stars? Calm down. You're always so quick to argue. I talked about their mainstream popularity, and their overall whore like image. Get off your high horse.

What? You really think there has been a major shift since 1999?
    Yep. Radio was music and music was radio. Now everybody has their own super specific tastes.

Accessibility to music is so different it changes the dynamic completely. Thanks, Napster, RIAA, and iTunes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Where did I say one was better than the other? Or that any of them weren't anything more than cookie cutter pop stars? Calm down. You're always so quick to argue. I talked about their mainstream popularity, and their overall whore like image. Get off your high horse.
    You said she was bigger in her prime. I guess I should've not said "better". Lady Gaga was a pretty big deal and Miley pretty much ran the year in terms of pop culture.

You said she was bigger in her prime.
    Spears popularity was in comparison to Miley, I think, it went beyond just one year too ... I didn't say she was better, bud. Cyrus was in the head lines because of her shocking transformation. Not necessarily because of her popularity, she was unintentionally funny.