Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Chad Ford: Anthony Bennet: Worst #1 pick in 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    It's amazing how fat and out of shape the guy looked coming into training camp and into the season. That alone tells me the guy is going to be a bust.

Dude can barely dunk atm and has no lift what so ever in his shots/dunks.

Lets say he was a second round pick he would have been cut in training camp and out of the league completely at this point likely.
    Not sticking up for him because he's been a disaster but he was hurt and got out of shape. There's no excuse now, but that's why he started the season out of shape.

Local High School Star

It's amazing how fat and out of shape the guy looked coming into training camp and into the season. That alone tells me the guy is going to be a bust.
    But Melo always looks out of shape and is still is a top 5-10 player. There may be hope for Bennett.

Magic Johnson

He hasn't even played a full season, is out of shape coming of injury, plays for a team that's a mess, and isn't receiving consistent minutes. Give the kid a break.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

any cavs fans know what's behind this or this is a testament that great college player isnt always a good nba player... ?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Not sticking up for him because he's been a disaster but he was hurt and got out of shape. There's no excuse now, but that's why he started the season out of shape.
    He wasn't just de-conditioned, he was fat. That is not just not working out, that is being lazy, over eating, not looking after your own damned body when you know you are one of the top first round picks next season and you whole NBA future and millions of dollars in salary are on the line. So what if you have should surgery. Go on the treadmill or something to stay in shape, get a good diet, do what you can to prepare. This guy is so mentally weak he makes Dwight and his sugar binges look like kobe.

Look at the shit he says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Traqj5RJbxg

Lol I won't be MVP if it means I have to dress like an old guy. That translates into I won't be in the NBA if I have to work hard and keep in shape...

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    He hasn't even played a full season, is out of shape coming of injury, plays for a team that's a mess, and isn't receiving consistent minutes. Give the kid a break.
    He's the #1 pick, he's expected to contribute from the get go

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Maybe for the Cavs FO, not by any other person.

a fat fker that wants to rain threes

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    He wasn't just de-conditioned, he was fat. That is not just not working out, that is being lazy, over eating, not looking after your own damned body when you know you are one of the top first round picks next season and you whole NBA future and millions of dollars in salary are on the line. So what if you have should surgery. Go on the treadmill or something to stay in shape, get a good diet, do what you can to prepare. This guy is so mentally weak he makes Dwight and his sugar binges look like kobe.

Look at the shit he says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Traqj5RJbxg

Lol I won't be MVP if it means I have to dress like an old guy. That translates into I won't be in the NBA if I have to work hard and keep in shape...
    Yes, because that interview was completely serious. The question alone was an inside joke for basketball fans.

Jesus... people are dumb.

He should have stood up, berated the interviewer for asking him such an asinine question and given a long-winded explanation how important it is that he become a great player.

That would have been completely appropriate under the circumstances.

I'm absolutely certain he wouldn't put on a stupid sports coat and tie combination for a chance at becoming the best player in the league and everything that comes with it... including the millions upon millions of dollars that accompany such a position in the NBA.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 12-25-2013 at 01:31 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    This. It's different if he came into training flash in shape, showed flashes in games and was saying the rights things on/off the court. I think the fans would be able to let his struggles go in the meantime.

But the fact that he's fat, out of shape, lazy and looks unmotivated while playing is inexcusable. It's not like he's even showing any flashes of promise what so ever, he looks flat out terrible...

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

This. It's different if he came into training flash in shape, showed flashes in games and was saying the rights things on/off the court. I think the fans would be able to let his struggles go in the meantime.

But the fact that he's fat, out of shape, lazy and looks unmotivated while playing is inexcusable. It's not like he's even showing any flashes of promise what so ever, he looks flat out terrible...
    In order to look "flat-out terrible," you need to play. He is currently barely playing. He's gone over 20 minutes one time this whole season. Over the last month, if he gets in the game, it's for a max of about seven minutes.

Honestly, I doubt 90% of the people commenting on Bennett have even seen him play.

I've watched every minute of every Cavs game and even I haven't seen him play much.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    a fat fker that wants to rain threes
    He stopped chucking threes like the start of the season... He improved a little bit on offense, but still having problems with learning a new position (SF)
    He only should get minutes as a backup PF, but Mike Brown loves Earl The Goat Clark
    Last edited by D-Wait; 12-25-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    any cavs fans know what's behind this or this is a testament that great college player isnt always a good nba player... ?

I actually thought Bennet would contribute at the NBA level right away, but I didn't know about his shoulder injury and surgery. Of course, I'm also terrible when it comes to scouting; I thought Beasley would beast and Irving would suck.

Also, I don't know if we should consider Bennet a 'great' college player. He put up good, efficient stats in the Mountain West Conference for one season. I mean, we've seen far more dominate college players than Bennet fail at the NBA level, so it wouldn't be shocking.

ps- I actually like the MWC.

The cavs have good reason to suck again this year.

As I posted before, if he's a good piece, he'll be worth it because he'll be with Kyrie and whoever else they get this/next year.

-Smak