Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Lakers fans were we Rockets fans right about Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    No. Because Bynum had big health problems under Phil Jackson. So once he is healthy, it doesn't matter who was coach, he was going to improve by simply being healthy and able to play and practice more.

You can't use Bynum as an example, because Bynum wasn't fully healthy under Phil like he was in his so called "breakout season".

You can use Shaq, and Gasol. And that was under Phil Jackson and the Triangle.
    So despite all evidence pointing to every post player other than Dwight playing their career best year alongside Kobe. In your world, that was all due to every other factor except Kobe.

4 Games Played
    4 Losses
    17.0 ppg
    10.8 rpg
    1.0 apg
    4.0 turnovers pg

These are Dwight's playoff stats last season, without Kobe's ballhogging ass getting in his way. He sure didn't look like the best C in the league when he was getting owned by old man Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    So despite all evidence pointing to every post player other than Dwight playing their career best year alongside Kobe. In your world, that was all due to every other factor except Kobe.

4 Games Played
    4 Losses
    17.0 ppg
    10.8 rpg
    1.0 apg
    4.0 turnovers pg

These are Dwight's playoff stats last season, without Kobe's ballhogging ass getting in his way. He sure didn't look like the best C in the league when he was getting owned by old man Duncan.
    What were Duncan's stat lines for those games as well?

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

It's easy to key in on 1 player in the playoffs, when they have nothing surrounding them. Look at Barry Sanders in the playoffs. All teams had to do was stack the line and take away the running game. The Lions couldn't throw very well. Does Barry suck?

In the same way, Dwight was missing players.

Kobe's salary took up how much of the salary cap last year? $30 million?

That's $30 mil worth of players that Dwight was missing due to Kobe sitting out. You can't just point and say, "Look, Dwight didn't do well"..... without taking into context, that Dwight was playing on a Lakers team with a $30 million dollar hole on the roster.

$30 mil could afford a LOT of talent around Dwight. Would the Spurs have been able to key in on Dwight so easily, if Dwight had $30 million worth of players surrounding him? Lethal 3pt shooters to space the floor, maybe another All-Star on the court with him also?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    What were Duncan's stat lines for those games as well?
    I'm not your basketball encyclopaedia go look it up yourself on basketballreference.com

He wasn't 2001 Shaq but he looked more like the best C in the league than Dwight's bum ass did that's for sure.

i know dwight right, the dwightmare has not even commenced

I'm not your basketball encyclopaedia go look it up yourself on basketballreference.com

He wasn't 2001 Shaq but he looked more like the best C in the league than Dwight's bum ass did that's for sure.
    I am gonna go out on a limb and say Dwight's stats were better than Dumcan's that series. I didn't watch a single second of any game though.I just think it's tough to actually play good on a team where there's no players that compliment your game against a team that is clicking on all cylinders.

Wrong. Dwight outplayed Duncan, even with a shorthanded Lakers team.

Dwight - 17 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg
    Duncan - 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 1 bpg
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 12-23-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Kobe's salary took up how much of the salary cap last year? $30 million?

That's $30 mil worth of players that Dwight was missing due to Kobe sitting out. You can't just point and say, "Look, Dwight didn't do well"..... without taking into context, that Dwight was playing on a Lakers team with a $30 million dollar hole on the roster.

$30 mil could afford a LOT of talent around Dwight. Would the Spurs have been able to key in on Dwight so easily, if Dwight had $30 million worth of players surrounding him? Lethal 3pt shooters to space the floor, maybe another All-Star on the court with him also?
    Kobe brought the Lakers a decade of winning basketball and 5 titles, hes a Laker god, and you're talking about whether the Lakers are getting their moneys worth for Kobe Bryant?? If Dwight had a problem with how much Kobe was getting paid he shouldn't have agreed to the trade in the first place.

What has Dwight ever done for the Lakers except be a cancer and get them swept in the first round. He was a ****ing walking liability for $20m, Laker games were turning into 3 and a half hour circuses due to his laughable free throw shooting. A 34 year old Kobe literally tore his achilles carrying this snickering bum to the playoffs, only for Dwight the clown ass bitch to get swept.

$20M , doesn't buy you much these days

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Anyone saying Kobe makes his bigs worse hasn't watched much Laker ball over the years, that's literally his greatest strength other than his scoring ability. Dwight simply didn't want to be there, so he pouted and played half-ass until it was time to leave.

Dwight - 17 ppg, 10 rpg

Given out too much rep, but thanks. That's pretty much what I was thinking. The Lakers were losing in every other position I imagine.

Dwight - 17 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg
    Said with zero seconds watched of the series

How many games did Dwight's 3 extra uncontested rebounds, 5 extra missed free throws and countless awkward turnovers win them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Anyone saying Kobe makes his bigs worse hasn't watched much Laker ball over the years, that's literally his greatest strength other than his scoring ability. Dwight simply didn't want to be there, so he pouted and played half-ass until it was time to leave.
    These two guys are talking about something else. So do you think we were right or wrong about Dwight though?

Said with zero seconds watched of the series

How many games did Dwight's 3 extra uncontested rebounds, 5 extra missed free throws and countless awkward turnovers win them.
    No that was me bud lol. Even then though it kinda sounds like you're saying Dwight Howard lost that series all by himself. Were there any close games or something like that? I would think he was the only starter that did good against his matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Funny, because all 3 All-Star bigs have openly complained about Kobe.

Shaq, Gasol, and now Dwight. All of them.

Shaq straight up hated Kobe, and when Kobe started fighting with Phil Jackson, Shaq got even more upset. Kobe is uncoachable, and Shaq openly criticized him for not playing inside out correctly, and wanting to ball hog on the perimeter at the expense of the team.

Gasol is on record many times complaining about Kobe's ball hogging and lack of team play, and how Kobe doesn't allow him to play correctly down in the post.

And we all know about Dwight.

That's a long list of people. Kobe's the common thread. And on top of all of this, my eyes don't lie to me. I know what I see. And my eyes confirm what they complain about, and what everyone already knew. Kobe only cares about Kobe, and he's always been and always will be, a ball hogging volume shooter chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    These two guys are talking about something else. So do you think we were right or wrong about Dwight though?
    Back on topic, you're right for now. Dwight is looking clearly more healthy this season, in a much more familiar offensive system to him being surrounded by young athletic 3 point shooters. Last season's Lakers team did not fit Dwight, the spacing was terrible with Dwight, Gasol and Kobe all wanting to be in the post and no athleticism other than a recovering Dwight, it was the worst possible circumstance for Dwight to be in given he was recovering himself.

What I question is Dwight's mentality, he clearly wilts when the pressure is on and the going gets tough. We will see how this unfolds in the playoffs